Until You're Mine

19. Until You're Mine

Garrett rolled out of bed lazily. He was so beyond exhausted from the drama that had unfolded last night. He was so confused and pissed about it all. Why would Lauren even say anything like that to Molly? Why would Molly believe it instead of just coming to him? She was making so much progress from when he first met her.

Then it all had to come spiraling down.

Garrett rubbed his eyes and stepped over Jared and Pat, who were laying on his floor. John had left with Logan around 3 am. Kennedy had snuck into Cappie's room like he normally did when he spent the night. He looked at the clock. It was one in the afternoon.

He had only gotten 3 hours of sleep. After what happened, Molly didn't want to be there anymore. So Garrett offered to take her home. The car ride had been eerily silent. None of them had bothered to talk. The only words she was spoke was thank you as she got out of the car. It was a good start to fixing things between them and he wanted to kick himself for it.

Garrett walked downstairs into the kitchen and opened the fridge. He took out the carton of orange juice and began to drink straight from the carton instead of pouring it into a glass.

"Ew! Glass!" Cappie said, now appearing behind him looking at him with disgust.

Garrett just rolled his eyes and put it back in the fridge, ignoring her command. He leaned against the counter that she was standing at. The siblings stood in silence for a bit before Cappie finally spoke up.

"So last night..." she trailed off, not even bothering to finish the sentence.

"Yep." He said, nodding his head in agreement. Garrett looked around the kitchen. Molly had left her zebra print jacket, draped over the chair.

"She left her jacket." Cappie pointed out, like she was reading his thoughts. The two were close you'd think she was. "I'll take it to her later."

"No." Garrett said. "I'll take it."

Cappie gave him a worried look, asking if it was the best thing with her eyes. He rolled his eyes. "It'll be fine." he said, now leaving the kitchen to get dressed.

Garrett parked his car in front of Molly's house and got out. His heart began to beat more rapidly. His breathing became short and his hands clammy. He was beginning to hate what Molly did to him. Yet he was loving the sensations that ran through his body at the same time. He rose his shaky hand and rang the doorbell.

Molly's mom answered the door. She gave him a sad smile. "Hello, Garrett." She said, just as polite as ever. This time her voice held sadness in it.

"Hi Mrs. Burns. I'm just here to drop Molly's jacket off. She left it." Garrett said, holding out the jacket.

"Thank you." Mrs. Burns said, taking the jacket from him.

"Is everything alright?" Garrett asked, noting her grief. "Is Molly okay?" Panic pulsed through his body for a split second.

"Oh, everything's fine dear!" Mrs. Burns said quickly, not wanting him to think anything had happened. She stared at him for a few seconds. She sighed, then asked with a serious tone. "Can I talk to you for a couple of seconds?"

"Yeah, sure?" He nodded. She led him inside down the hall to what he guessed was their den. She closed the door behind him and went over to the desk. She pulled open a drawer and took something out. She held it out as she walked over to Garrett.

He took it from her and stared down at the boy in the picture slightly confused.

"That's Molly's brother." Mrs. Burns said sadly.

"Oh." Garrett had never heard Molly mention a brother. Up until now, he thought she was an only child.

"He died when Molly was 13."

"Oh." Now Garrett knew why she didn't tell him.

"Molly followed him around like she was his shadow. She looked up to him so much. You see, Molly and Nate's real father walked out on us when they were just kids. So Molly depended on him." Mrs. Burns took in a breath, and exhaled slowly. "Nate was killed by a drunk driver while riding home on his bike."

"I'm so sorry." Garrett said. He didn't know what else to say.

"It crushed Molly. She just closed herself up. Wouldn't talk to anyone, barely ate, hid in her room." Garrett listened intently. "And then you came along and you changed it. I saw my daughter smile for the first time in years. Thank you so much for that."

Garrett gave her a small smile. He definitely couldn't give up now.
♠ ♠ ♠
This story is close to ending ):
Just a couple more chapters.

But I did start a new story.
Go read please?
I swear it's good!
I would like feedback on that one please.