Until You're Mine

2. I Need You Next to Me.

Garrett told his friends he wouldn't be at band practice due to tutoring. After taunting and teasing, they excused him. He rolled his eyes. Sometimes his friends were douche nozzles. He walked into the empty library. Molly was easy to spot, seeing as how she was the only person in there. She was biting her lip in frustration as she tried to solve some kind of problem.

As Garrett came closer he realized it was AP Calculus. Garrett let out a low whistle. "Quite the workload, don't you think?" he noted, as he sat down by her. She jumped at the sound of his voice. "Sorry, didn't meant to scare you." He held out his hand. "I didn't get to properly introduce myself. I'm Garrett."

She took his hand in her own, sending a jolt through his body. "Molly." she squeaked. It became silent again.

"This isn't awkward," Garrett commented sarcastically. He scratched the back of his neck and look at her. Her ashe brown hair was falling in her face, while her hazel eyes were peeking through. Her thin pink lips were clossed in chapstick, but looked as if they'd never been touched by another. "You're really pretty." He blurted out without thinking about it first.

Hey eyes widened. A really cute guy had just called her pretty. "Thank you." she said quietly. Garrett gave her a toothy grin making her smile in return.

"So back to the task on hand." he said.

Molly tried to the best of her ability to help Garrett with his rewrite. Everyday after school for that week they had met up for a tutoring session. Garrett started saying 'hey' to her in the hall. It confused his friends and Molly at first, but she started to warm up to him and gave him a small wave. Yes, he was starting to develop a small crush on her. There was something mysterious about Molly that intrigued Garrett. And he intended on find out what it was. Molly on the other hand didn't exactly know what a crush was, so she simply ignored the butterflies that invaded her stomach everytime he looked her way.

"Good job, Garrett." Mr. Hanover said, returning his paper to him. On the top, written in red was a B. Garrett smiled down at it. He had to find Molly to tell her.

After class, he made a beeline for Molly's locker. Molly was already their exchanging books. He walked over, held out his paper. It startled her, but after peeing at it closely she realized what it was. "That's great!" she said, turning to give him a smile.

"All thanks to you." He hugged her, catching her off guard. Her feet left the ground alittle. Garrett noticed how tense she was and set her back down. "We have to celebrate."

"Oh, I don't know." She said, shrinking down. The idea of a celebrating scared her.

"Please? My band's playing a show tonight," he began. "you could come and then afterwards we could grab a bite to eat."

Was he asking her out? "I'm busy. My parents..."

"Say no more." Garrett's face fell. "Well I guess I'll see you around."

She nodded and walked off. Now her life would go back to the way it was. It made her sad, but it was better this way.
♠ ♠ ♠
Le sigh.

Good?
Yes or no?

FEEDBACK!!!

:DDDD