Until You're Mine

4. I Just Wanna Get to You

"Where are we going?" Molly asked quietly. The car ride seemed to take forever and Molly was growing more anxious by the second.

"Basement party," Garrett said, flipping on his blinker. "my band's playing." He took a right turn and drove a little ways more before pulling the car to a stop and parking it.

Just a couple of yards ahead of them was a small house full of people partying. Molly swallowed the lump in her throat. Garrett took notice. "Hey," He grabbed her hands and gave them a reassuring squeeze. "It's gonna be fine." She steadied her breathing. "I won't let anything happen to you.

He got out, then ran around to the side and opened the passenger door for her. She mumbled a thanks as she got out. She hugged herself tightly. They walked side by side in silence. Garrett was excited. He'd never played in front of a girl he liked. Molly was feeling out place. She didn't belong there. He led her through a side door, into the basement where the rest of the band was. A crowd was there as well waiting on them.

"Finally! We've been waiting on you." The tall one at the microphone stated.

"Sorry," Garrett said smiling. Ever since Molly had agreed to come he couldn't wipe the expression from his face. All the guys gave him confused looks. That's when they noticed Molly standing off to the side. Jared hit John's arm and said something to him making them both laugh. They snickered at Garrett and went back to what they were doing.

Molly on the other hand had never felt more out of place than how she did right now. The guys were all joking around as they set up. She didn't know anyone in the crowd. It seemed as though everyone had their collective friends except her. They had what she wanted. They were who she envied most.

"Uhm..." She squeaked nervously. Garrett looked at her curiously. "I'm gonna go get a drink." she said. He nodded and gave her yet another reassuring smile.

She walked off into the crowd. The band began to play their first song for the night. The crowd cheered causing Molly to snap her head to the stage. Her eyes immediately fell on Garrett. He seemed to be really focused on what he was doing. Molly envied him even more now. A small smile began to form on her lips.

A hard force abruptly knocked into her sending her the ground. "Ow," she muttered. She picked herself back up and dusted the dirt off her butt.

"Wanna watch were you're going." The girl snapped before walking away with another girl who glared at Molly.

"S-sorry." She said quietly, even though they had already walked off. The girls probably wouldn't have even heard her over the noise anyways.

She then felt someone put their hand on the small of her back. The stench of alcohol pilled her nostrils. "Hey baaaby," the deep voice slurred.

She turned around and saw a guy much taller than she was and very much so bigger than she was. "Uh, I think you're mistaken." She said, shrinking down.

"No," he said. "C'mon. Let's go. There's a free room upstairs."

The band started in on their second song. Molly was frozen with terror. The guy grabbed her elbow forcefully. She struggled to pull away, but had no avail. Garrett looked up with the same smile plastered on his face. But it instantly dropped once he saw the struggle between Molly and the guy. He was now dragging her away.

Garrett felt rage grow inside of him. He took off his bass, cutting off the song and jumped off stage. They earned protests from the crowd. Garrett ignored them and his bandmates yell. He yanked Molly away from the guy. Everbody looked at the scene that was about to unfold.

"Dude, she doesn't want to go anywhere with you." He put his arm out in front of Molly protectively.

"Oh yeah" The guy said, straightening himself up. "Who's gonna stop me?"

"I will." Garrett said, squaring his shoulders. They had an intense staredown. The guy was hoping Garrett would back down, but he stood his ground.

"She wouldn't have been a good fuck anyway." The guy said as Garrett began to lead Molly away. Garrett turned around and his fist collided with his jaw. The guy then fell to the floor and passed out.

"C'mon." Garrett grabbed her hand and led her out. He was livid. Pissed beyond all recognition. He hated fighting. Especially in front of girls. "I'm really sorry about that." he apologized angrily.

Tears were streaming down her face. She sniffled trying to keep up with his pace. "Garrett,"

"He was such a jerk," Garrett just continued to talk over her.

"Garrett."

"I'm really sorry--"

"Garrett! Let go!" She snatched her hand out of his. They both looked stunned. Neither one of them had ever heard her raise her voice. "Sorry," she said, shrinking down again.

Garrett looked at her and noticed she was crying. He stepped closed and wiped away her tears with his thumb. He pulled her closer and engulfed her in his arms. "I'm sorry." Her tiny frame shook as she sobbed into his chest. Garrett couldn't help but notice how well their bodies molded together. "C'mon." He said, pulling away. "I'll take you home." He knew this was a bad idea. Why, oh why did he let Jared talk him into this?

"No." He looked at her confused. "I mean, I don't want to go home just yet." He peered at her closely. What was she getting at? "I mean...uhm...I've never done this before so bare with me." He let out a small laugh. "Nevermind." She said, shaking her head and heading towards the car.

He grabbed her arm lightly to stop her. "No, what was it?" He asked, looking down at her with sincerity.

"I guess I just wanted to hang out with you." She mumbled, looking down. His heard soared a little. "I like being around you." She hugged herself and looked down at her feet as they kicked the ground.

"I like being around you too," he said. That made his night so much better.

"You do?" She squeaked, staring wide eyed at him.

He nodded and gave a small chuckle. "Let's go."

"But what about your band?"

"They'll be fine without me." Sure enough, as he said that the music started up again. Garrett laced his fingers through hers and led her in no general direction. "Let's go for a walk." He stated, as they walked past his car.
♠ ♠ ♠
Damn, this was long wasn't it?
Ohwell. it should hold you over for a week or so lol.

This is dedicated to Katy because she wrote me a kickass oneshot yall.