I Am Not Falling For My Kidnapper... Am I?!

I'm NOT falling for my kidnapper... Am I?

I am not rich or pretty or smart. I have no family or friends who are either... In fact no one who cares about me had any of that stuff... But then again… No one ever really cared about me... So why Cal choose to kidnap me is, well a complete mystery. My name is Analise and this is my story...

I grew up in a fairly nice house in a fairly nice town with fairly nice people... Well at least what I know of them. My family appeared to be a normal every day family, with a mom and a dad and a single child... A daughter. The thing nobody knew... Or rather everybody ignored was the fact that, that dad and mom never wanted a child. My mother would yell at me every time she saw me and tell me what a no good worthless mistake I was. She made sure I knew I was stupid, ugly, and unwanted. She wanted me to know she hated me and told me so regularly. My dad was worse though. He didn't tell me he hated me he showed me. He never really said a word to me just to his friends, as he beat me. He'd say "look at the little b***h she's so stupid, she can't even defend herself." or "watch what I do to the little whore" then he'd beat me till I couldn't move, often he'd encourage his friends to touch me, help with the beatings or tear my clothing.

When I was in school I got a little bit of relief because those 8 hours I was in school were 8 hours when he couldn't hurt mom and me couldn't yell at me. But eventually time to go home would come and I would have to go back to it. While I was in school I didn't participate in any of the "Social activities" at lunch and recess I found a quite hidden spot and stayed there. When in a classroom I spoke only when directly spoken to. I jumped at loud noises and tried to stay unnoticed. If a teacher or principal saw the bruises my clothing failed to hide I made up an excuse saying I fell or I ran into something. They always believed me on account of I was very clumsy (mostly on account of walking on broken ankles and such or broken bones healing wrong).

When I started high school not much changed my dad still beat me and my mom still yelled at me, I still had no friends I still made excuses, and the teachers still believed them. I still ate alone and spoke only when spoken to. I started noticing subtle changes in my body. My dad noticed as well. As he was beating me one day in front of his friends he told them "It won't be long guys and she'll be old enough for one of you to have some fun with if you pay the right price I may just give her to you." He continued beating me, then he pulled off all of my clothes and pointed out the parts of my anatomy that were maturing and said "see guys one day she may be a lot of fun if you pay the right price" He laughed at my look of horror and sad attempt to cover myself. I lived in fear of that day.

One day a new boy moved to our school, he was a lot like me... A loner, who didn't talk much, I caught him staring at me quite often. I overheard a teacher call him Cal one day. I never tried to talk to him; he never tried to talk to me... He would just stare. I always thought he was a little weird because of that, but I didn't give it too much thought... After all I had my own problems, what with my dad's beatings and threats and my mom yelling at me. So I just went on like nothing had happened.

One day as I was walking home from school a van pulled in front of me...It stopped and I waited for it to move... It didn't... Suddenly a masked figure... Obviously male... jumped out of the driver seat and grabbed me (with a surprisingly gentle grip), and put me in the van and buckled me up. I didn't know what to think at first then I realized I'd been kidnapped! My first thought is "Why would he kidnap me?! I'm nothing. No one cares about me!" My second thought was "what will he do when he realizes there is nothing to gain by kidnapping me?" I came to the obvious answer... "He'll kill me!" My first instinct then was to be afraid, and then I realized my pain would soon be over! He'd kill me and I wouldn't hurt anymore!! Why didn't I think of it before! I smiled.

My smile must've shocked my kidnapper because he cocked his head and stared at me as if I were a puzzle. "I have no money. And nobody will pay a ransom" I said enlightening him.

He laughed. "I don't want money!!" he said. This was bad news to me. I have nothing he could want I thought. Why did he kidnap me?! He interrupted my thoughts when he spoke again. "Don't worry I'm not going to kill you"

My face fell at that... What did he plan to do to with me if not kill me or ransom me?! Then a horrible thought struck me, and I grew angry for the first time in my life I got a ferocity in my eyes and stiffened my spine, took a deep breath and growled at him "Then what do you plan to do to me? You think you can just take the only thing I have left?! Well you're wrong you're in for a fight if you try THAT!" I growled then sank back expecting a punch.

What he did was nothing close to what I was expecting. He grinned... I could see it through the mask! Then he said "I'm glad you still have your spirit, and fire. I wasn't expecting it with what you've been through!" I trembled a little as I realized what a mistake that must've been. Apparently that sparked his interest more than the pathetic little mess I really was. Now he was going to teach me a lesson... Use that fire... That spirit to his own advantage... Wasn't he?

Suddenly his hand moved I winced and closed my eyes after a few minutes I realized he wasn't going to hit me so I slowly opened one eye and there sitting in the driver seat is... Cal!! For a minute I just stared. Then I sputtered "C...C...Cal!? What... Why... I don't understand... Do you know my dad?"

Cal ran his hand through his wavy medium length blonde hair. "No, Analise, I don't know your father and I don't care to." He said softly then he reach toward me I shrunk back but he gently grabbed my hand and said "Analise, look at this..." He pulled up my long sleeve all the way. As he looked he grimaced "Well I wish I could say I was wrong, but, this is my proof, Analise do you see this?" He asked me nodding toward my arm, Which had been broken and re-healed wrong and broken again and again as well as the massive bruises and the burns and cuts and other injuries on her arm.

"Yeah... So... I'm... clumsy." I lied.

"No you're not, you've been abused.” he said staring at me. I shook my head. He smirked, "You're a stubborn one aren't you?! Who are you trying to protect?"

I frowned and muttered "Myself." Then I said loudly trying to keep him for hearing what I'd said or forget if he had heard. "I'm not stubborn, I'm just telling you the truth."

He snorted. "If that's the truth I'm the king of Mars... And I'm NOT the king of Mars..." I laughed a little for the first time in my life... And it startled me.

I covered my mouth quickly "I... I'm so sorry. I... I didn't mean... I didn't mean to." I said softly looking down as I realized I'd been looking him directly in the eye for at least a minute or two. I blushed as I realized I wanted to believe him. His blue eyes had been so... inviting... so honest... I wanted to believe him but why would he... Why would he kidnap me if he knew I'd been abused... Thus signifying nobody loved me... Unless he knew my dad? "I... I still don't understand." I said softly. "You must know my dad... You're trying to trick me... Or something... Did he pay you to test me? Or hurt me? Or more likely did you pay him so you could have the chance to hurt me?" I accused.

"NO! Analise..." He gently grabbed my face and forced me to look at him. "I swear I don't know your dad! And he's lucky I don't because I'd kill him if I did."

These words confused me more than ever... "Why would you want to kill my dad?" I asked softly. Trembling a little at the rage on his face and in his voice. Cal shook his head and looked at me as if I were the stupidest girl on Earth... Which was most likely true...

"Because of this Analise!" he said indicating the signs of abuse on my arm then the cuts and bruises on my face... "And I'm sure..." He paused looking me over and sighing sadly... I think I even saw a tear fall from one his beautiful blue eyes. "I'm sure that's not the only places you have signs of abuse on you... But we'll tend to that later. For now we have to get you as far from this place as possible so your dad doesn’t find you and continue his abuse." He said softly, gently letting my face go. Then he looked back at me for a moment, said "Don't you see Analise? I'm saving you." He then smiled and moved a little piece of hair out of my face. "You know..." He said thoughtfully as he started the car. "You're really beautiful... Even with all those bruises and scars."

I sat in shock for a long time, after that. I had no idea how to respond. After about thirty minutes of him driving in silence I asked, "Why would you want to save me?" I asked softly partly to myself.

He laughed a little then said, "I thought that would be obvious." He looked into my eyes for a second as though trying to send me a telepathic message but I didn't get it. I stared at him for a long time waiting for an answer. Finally he said, "Well, when I was a little boy my father beat me, my mother, and sisters. Eventually he beat them to death. He left me thinking I was dead too. That's how I got away. By that time I was a teenager, I ran when he left for work. I went to the police but they didn't believe me... There was nothing I could do. So I ran away. Eventually I ended up her in Pleasantville. Analise, from the moment I first saw you I knew... I'm sorry I waited so long, but I had to think of a plan. Then I had to get some things together... I was almost ready... But I still had things I planned to make the trip faster and easier, but I noticed some things... Signs that if I didn't act soon it would be too late." He shook his head, as if to clear it of a bad memory.

I couldn't help it I had to ask "Like what... What signs... Too late for what?"

He laughed harshly... A humorless laugh... As if he would actually rather cry. "Analise you're getting older." he said simply.

"So?" I said not really knowing what he was getting at.

He sighed and finally said "Analise, before my dad killed my sisters he raped them..." He paused and nodded as he saw the color drain from my face. Then he said "You're dad threatened to... Didn't he? He was waiting till it would be most fun or benefital to him wasn't he?" Cal asked me. I began to tremble as I remembered his threats and the comments of his friends. I began to sob, as I was suddenly smack dab in the middle of a flashback...

It was a beating he'd given me a few days ago... "You stupid, ugly, b***h!!" My dad had yelled at me as my blood splattered on his clothes, the carpet and the walls, from the last punch to the face he'd given me. He then proceeded to beat me till I was just barely conscious and defiantly unable to move, just then his friend Gray walked in. "HEY DAN!!" He shouted angrily at my dad "Why didn't you invite me too watch!!" My dad laughed and said "You know anytime I'm home this is what happens and you knew I was home so you have no one to blame but yourself, but too make it up to you I'll let you have her for an hour to do with as you like I only have two rules; You can't kill her and you can't take her virginity...Yet." He said as he walked out of the room leaving me alone with Gray, unable to move or speak. Gray laughed and rubbed his hands together at his good luck. Tears streamed down my face now. Gray came closer and I was quickly relieved of my clothing. I closed my eyes as he did the same and I didn't open them for the entire rest of the day... But as much as I tried to imagine myself somewhere else I was still aware of what he was doing to me. When my dad came back in he laughed at the way his disgusting friend had managed to pleasure himself without breaking either rule, he then asked Gray if he wanted more time with me... Grey of course said yes... As my dad walked out of the room he slapped me and told me if I didn't open my mouth I'd be sorry. I believed him and I wanted to tell him I was already sorry but instead I just obeyed as usual then I felt him move pulling himself off me and then he flipped me over so my face wasn't against the floor then, I felt something gross feel my mouth. I tried to spit it out but he pulled my hair and said, "If you don't start sucking. You're going to me choked to death." I complied. After my mouth filled with some nasty substance he took the nasty thing out and began biting me...

Cal had realized I was having some sort of panic attack or something and pulled over. He tried to comfort me; he reached out and tried to pull me to him. When he did I freaked out and started fighting him, screaming "NO! NO! NO!!! Please NO!" I screamed sobbing.

"Analise" he said softly. "It's okay Analise! I won't let him do that to you again!" Suddenly I snapped out of it, breathing hard and terrified. Cal gently pulled me into his arms and said "It's okay, Analise, I'll protect you... I didn't think he'd touched you yet... but from the way you are acting I thin he must've... Don't worry though; I won't let him do it again... To anyone in fact... I think I need to go back and save your mom... Is she still alive?" He said softly rubbing my back.

I coughed trying not to laugh or cry. Then I said. "Cal if you go get my mom I don't want to go."

He looked at me and then said, "You're right you need to stay somewhere safe."

I shook my head, "No, Cal, you don't understand my mom is not being hurt in this. She and my father love each other very much. He would never hurt her. And she would never hurt him." I closed my eyes and tried to keep my voice steady as I continued. "And my dad wasn't even the one who... did... That to me... Although he did tell Gray he could do whatever he wanted with me so long as he didn't kill me or deflower me." I trembled as I thought of that night again. "He said...'I'll let you have her for an hour to do with as you like I only have two rules; You can't kill her and you can't take her virginity...Yet' then he left the room and let Gray do with me as he wanted... When he walked back in both of us were naked... On the floor...his weight making it hard to breathe. Not to mention he had my face pressed to the ground... My mother sat in her rocking chair and laughed... When my dad saw us like that he laughed and asked Gray if he would like another hour alone with me... Gray said yes and..." I trembled fiercely now...

"Hush Analise... hush now it's over now and no one will hurt you again..." There it was again... His promise that no one would hurt me again... but why should I believe him?

Suddenly I looked him directly in the eyes and said, "Why would you want to protect me?"

He closed his eyes and said "Analise..." Opening his eyes again "I know you probably won't believe me... Heck you may not even completely understand, but..." he looked directly into my eyes "The moment I saw you I knew two things; one was as I've told you before that you'd been abused all your life, and two was that I would love you till the day I die. And along with that realization came a few more: That I'd do ANYTHING to protect you... I'd DIE to keep you safe, and that if you would have me one day I'd marry you."

That took a while to sink in... "Cal... Did... Did you just say you love me?" I asked confused. He nodded. "H... How could you... How could you possibly love me...I'm... I'm a... mistake... A stupid, ugly, mistake... I'm nothing... Nobody..." I stuttered sobbing now.

Cal grabbed my face gently and said softly, but sternly "You are not a mistake, you're not stupid, ugly, or a nobody... You're not a nothing. Analise, you're beautiful... like an Angel... And you're really smart... And you're MY EVERYTHING... You're everyone who's important to me... I love you Analise and I don't love NOBODIES, or NOTHINGS... I love YOU!!" his face slowly got closer to mine, I wasn't sure what he was doing or was I should do so I just didn't move my eyes were locked on his an I didn't move an inch. When his lips were just a breath away from mine he stopped and said softly "Analise may I please kiss you?"

For a moment I didn't know what to say. I didn't know what a kiss was but I assumed it would bring him closer to me and for some reason I wanted that... SO much. So I said, "Yes" so softly the sound of a pin dropping would've blocked it out... But apparently he heard because suddenly his lips were on mine. And his hands were cupping the back of my head, and then his tongue swept into my mouth... It was pure bliss. I sighed and wounded my arms around his neck and pulled him closer... Soon I was lost in his kiss... When we came up for air I realized I had pulled him out of his seat and onto my lap, and I had one hand up under his shirt and the other lost in his hair. I gasped when I realized what I'd done. I looked at him and said softly "So that's what a kiss is?"

He laughed... "I... Didn't think... I should've known this would be you're first kiss... I'm so sorry. I let it get out of hand." He said softly.

"No!" I said firmly "I liked it... but... I kind of want more... I don't really know what but... I feel... weird..." I said softly "I really want to do something... but I'm not sure what. I want to somehow bring you closer to me... But I don't know how... I really am stupid, see I don't make any sense!" I sobbed.

"Shhh... " he said pulling me into his arms. "I know exactly what you mean and I feel the same but... I also know what it is you are feeling the need to do and though I feel that need as well we must wait."
♠ ♠ ♠
Will Analise give her heart to her kinapper? Or will she guard it with her life? Will he disappoint her?
Will Cal ever make Analise belive him? Can he make her trust him? Can he win her heart? Can he prove he's not like the men she knew before?