I'm Marrying Him?! An Arranged Marriage

I'm marrying HIM The meeting... With a twist.. par

Later that night back at my small apartment, I sat on my couch thinking. Did I really just agree to marry someone? I don't even know his name! Not to mention if I agree (Mr. Granger gave me a chance to back out) I have to sign a contract and then I HAVE to marry him. I'm not allowed to meet him or even see his face until after the wedding. I have to wait until after the honeymoon to even see his face. What was that about?! Was he disfigured? Did he have scars? I mean I didn't care but I mean what was this all about? Guess I'd have to wait and see, but apparently if I agreed I'd be living with Mr. Tall until the wedding... Which was set for a month from now.... Odd I'd be married on the 21st of April... Why does everything important happen on the 21st of something... Feburary I was born, I was saved on June 21st and now I'd be married on the 21st of April.. I hoped it rained. I love rain and I always wanted to get married in April... My mind was made up I was getting married.

The next day at work I went into Mr. Granger's office and said "I thought about it a lot last night, and I decided... I will marry him." I said softly.

"Are you sure? I mean I know you had a really bad break up but, you could probally have a good relationship if you give a guy a chance." he said trying to talk me out of it.Why was he trying to talk me out of it? Was this guy a pshyco or something?

"I'm sure. Unless you want to tell me some reason I shouldn't." I said softly a little scared.

"I don't even know him." he admitted. "I'm just a little worried about you, I really do love you like a daughter. I just don't want you to get hurt." He said softly.

I nodded. "Okay, I understand you're just worried about what I'm getting myself into... Right?" I asked. He nodded. "Don't worry about me. I'm a big girl." I said softly. He looked at me sadly, I knew he was hurt by what I'd said. "And just for the record I love you like a father." I said softly. I saw a small tear trickle down his cheek.

"If you ever need anything..." he said his voice cracking with emotion. I nod hugging him."So it's settled... Anna you really want to marry him?" I nodded. "Well if you're sure... Here are the papers.. You can't divorce him or anything. You know that right?" I nod again.

"I know" I said softly as I sign the papers. "So what now?" I asked handing him the papers back.

"Well you have the next month off and you go to Timothy's house until the wedding. Here's his address." he said handing me a paper. "Go pack and then go there." he said softly. "Oh, and be careful." He said.

I turned swiftly back to him. "What do you mean?" I asked.

"I'm not sure about Timothy anymore. Since his wife died, he's not been himself. I'm worried about you being there with him." I nodded

"I'll be okay. The wedding is only about a week away. and I suppose the rest of the time off is for the honeymoon?" I asked. He nodded. "Isn't that a little generous?" I asked.

"No, not for my favorite employee, not to mention you and your future husband will inherit the whole company..." He was going to continue but I cut him off.

"INHERIT THE COMPANY!?! WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?!" I asked.

"Well..." He said. "I already made you my beneficiary in my will, and Timothy's son is the beneficiary in his will... So... You two will have the whole company." I looked at him shocked.

"Why did you name me the Beneficiary? I'm not that important." I said softly.

"You are to me. Anne I told you you're the daughter I never had."

I wiped a tear from my eye. "Thank you Mr. Granger. I know I never told you this, but, my father was abusive, when I was 16 he killed my mother, he came for me but I managed to get away, not exactly unscathed but I got out alive. My father eventually killed himself in his rage... I never knew what a father was supposed to be until you." I said softly. On that note I walked out leaving Mr. Granger stunned. I went out to my car and drove to Mr. Tall's house having already packed all my stuff into my car (my house had been broken into during the night so I got scared and packed up all my stuff into my car).

When i arrived at the house I rang the door bell but no one came to let me in so I sat on the doorstep. Soon I was sobbing uncontrollably. There was just too much stress in my life at the moment, but I knew if I could get all the tears out I would be ok.

Suddenly I was envloped in two strong arms. I turned quickly to see if I was in any danger. The guy looked harmless enough and I said a quick prayer that I was right and the guy wasn't a threat, I relaxed against him and he scooped me up into his arms, then he carried me into the house. He sat down on the couch and held me in his arms and I cried into his chest until I fell asleep. When I woke up he had laid me on a bed and he was laying next to me. He was staring at me.

"Uh... thank you.." I said softly. "I don't usually breakdown like that... I'm just under a lot of pressure." I said sleepily.

He nodded. "You wanna tell me about it?" he asked. I paused for a few minutes then nodded.

"Well, do you want the long version or the short?" I asked.

He looked at his cell phone, read a text message, paled, then said "Better make it the short version. I have to leave" he looked at his phone again. "Very soon." he smiled.

I nodded. "Well, long story short the first real father figure I've ever had asked me to do him a favor, I just broke up with the only man I ever love and trusted, aside from my boss, who's my father figure. Anyway now I'm going to end up marrying his bussness partner's son. And I'm not even aloud to so much as see his face until after the honeymoon. Plus my house was broken into and I'm afraid my real dad isn't really dead and he's... Well he's going to finnish what he started when I was 16.." I said trembling.

The guy's face was suddenly purple with... Rage?. "What did he do to you?" he growled.

"He... He... He ki.. killed my...my .. mother.. and tried.. t.. to.. kill me too." I studdered terrified by his rage.

"He didn't... touch you did he?" he asked I knew what he ment and blushed.

"N.. No. Why?" I asked softly. His hand gently brushed against my cheek.

"Never mind. I won't let him hurt you." he swore. Then we heard a car on the driveway. He jumped. "I have to go now but don't worry if you need me I'll be here. then he took off, yelling over his shoulder "I wasn't here the butler let you in." I nodded.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please comment to let me know if I"m doing a good job or not.