‹ Prequel: Hollow Crown.

Save Me.

And no one said this would be easy.

Sam couldn’t understand females. Georgia especially. Her room, well Tom’s spare bedroom, was filled with endless amounts of bags, shoes, clothes, magazines everything that he couldn’t wrap his mind around. He had witnessed the exact same scenario in previous girlfriend’s rooms and it still made no sense to him. He couldn’t understand why someone needed that much stuff.

“You know the sad thing?” Dan’s voice startled him. “This isn’t even all of it”

Sam looked to his friend who was standing in the door way. Dan looked exactly how everyone had started looking, like shit. Heavily eyed, paled skin, messy hair and clothes. Everyone had lost interest.

Dan walked slowly over to Sam, sitting beside him on Georgia’s bed. The smell of perfume and hairspray over powered everything else. He let his eyes wander around the room as the they sat in silence, smiling slightly when he pictured Georgia’s face when she walked into the room after he, Tom and Ali had retrieved her things. They had left anything that Oliver had given her and all of Drop Dead clothes behind.

“Even when we were little she still had tons of useless shit” Sam smiled a little. It was true. Georgia’s things used to be found in every little nuke and cranny of their parents house. At least now she was a little tidier.

Back to silence. There was no need for pointless words. They knew exactly what was going through each other’s heads. Nothing.

Ali disturbed the peace of the flat. He usually did. Not two minutes after the front door was closed he was in Georgia’s room sitting at the end of the bed with Bear in his arms. Even the dog knew something had happened.

“Your dad phoned” Sam never moved as Ali spoke, just sat staring at Georgia’s over sized handbag that was lying in the middle of the bed. “He says they’re staying over tonight and we can go over in the morning”

No eye contact was made between the three males. The silence was more strained than awkward. No one knew what to do never mind what to say.

“I want to go” Sam demanded childishly.

“We all do” Dan agreed.

That was the last thing anyone said for a while. Sam was the first to lose the battle they were fighting against sleep. None of the boys had been function properly over the last couple of weeks. Sleeping and eating being the last thing one anyone’s minds.

Ali wandered around the room like a zombie looking for things to put in the bag. He’d picked up a couple of shirts, one belonging to each member of team Architects, her old torn up copy of Chuck Palahniuk’s Lullaby, a couple of fashion magazines and some CD’s.

He stopped when he seen a photo frame underneath a pile of clothes, a picture of Georgia and Tom beneath the protection of the glass. Taken a couple of years ago when the band played their first gig in France. Through blurred eyes, Georgia was smiling at the camera, her blond hair sitting perfectly around her face and oversized sunglasses covering her bloodshot and hung over eyes while Tom kissed her cheek, his McDonalds hat holding his hair down, the Eiffel Tower sitting perfectly in the background.

“I love that photo of her” Tom’s voice cracked as he spoke. Ali looked up from his place, now sitting on the floor, to Tom who was closer than he had expected his eye still swollen and a horrible mix of purple and blue from where Oliver had punched him. Tom sat down beside Ali, tears on his face.

“We should finish that collage that Gee was making” Tim smiled sadly as he walked into the room. He felt lost. There was no fight for him to break up or argument for him to settle. This was the only way he could try and fix the situation. Otherwise he’d go insane.

Once again the room was silent.

*****

Oliver sat at his kitchen table. The clock on the wall ticking and the tap dripping was the only noise through his flat. He couldn’t bear noise anymore.

Tapping his fingers against the wood was the only thing he would let his mind concentrate on. It was only ten o’clock in the morning. A little too early to start drinking.

Thomas made his way loudly into the flat, kicking over things if they were in his way. He hadn’t given up on his brother yet. Just stopped caring wither or not he hurt his feelings.

“What the fuck are yeh playin’ at?” Oliver said nothing. Ignored Thomas altogether. “Mum says yeh’ve done fuck all ‘bout Gee”

Rolling his eyes, Oliver stood from the table, walked to the living room and sat on the couch more than aware of the fact that Thomas was following him. He didn’t care. Didn’t want to know.

“Yeh cant hid from this”

Thomas turned his attention to Oliver’s bedroom door when it opened up to reveal a girl dressed in one of Georgia’s old t-shirts and a pair of her jeans. Thomas’s body went rigid. His mind frozen while his heart sank.

The blond haired girl mumbled a sorry when she seen the expression on Thomas’s face before she made her way over to sit with Oliver on the couch.

“What the fuck?” Thomas half yelled when his brain finally started working again.

Oliver had picked up a beer from the table while his ‘friend’ had cuddled into his side. Thomas watched the pair. It was like he was in some parallel universe where Oliver had an almost exact copy of his previous girlfriend. Except something had gone a little wrong with the machine causing the copy to be nowhere near as pretty as the original.

Although there was something eerily familiar about the girl.

“What’s wrong with yeh?” Thomas yelled at Oliver. “She’s wearing Georgia’s clothes for fuck sake”

Oliver was more than aware of that fact.

Thomas stalked out of the flat not being able to handle the situation anymore.

*****

“We finished your picture Gee” Tim said softly. He looked around his friends. Each more worn out looking than the last. “We picked all the best ones. Ali even let us use the red ski outfit ones from Canada”

That brought a soft smile to each of the boy’s faces. Each looked to the large photo frame where their hard work of the previous night was displayed proudly. Countless amounts of pictures adorned with their faces and places they’ve seen. It had been hard to look through them but the boys were determined.

“Ali’s house in Russia is there” Sam’s voice was shaky. “That photo you love with all of us in it”

As Sam, Tim and Ali kept talking Tom couldn’t take it anymore. He removed himself from the room and slide down the wall s o he was sitting on the floor with his head in his hands sobbing quietly.

Dan sighed when he walked out into the corridor. “It’ll be okay”

“Of course it will. ‘Cause it’s fucking great the now” Tom yelled back. “What happens if she doesn’t wake up?”

Dan didn’t know how to answer his twin. He turned around and looked through the glass window into the room he had just left. The white walls surrounding his friends made them look even bleaker than he had thought possible.

He looked to Georgia last. Laying there, a deathly shade of white with a bruise here and there. The bags under her closed eyes seemed never ending. She looked like a blond version of sleeping beauty. Never moving apart from the steady rise and fall of her chest that was aided by the ventilator that was keeping her alive.

Sam had slumped his body over the bed, a death grip on her hand that he had up at his face as he cried. Of course he blamed himself. They all did. If they hadn’t been as determined to show Oliver what they thought of him after everything he had done to her then she wouldn’t be in that position.

Watching her wither away in front of their eyes was hard. But watching her dyeing was even harder.

Tom dragged himself from the floor, taking his place at his brother’s side. “I would have helped her with the baby” Tom mumbled when his eyes landed on her now flat stomach. “I told her that when she came over that day. I wouldn’t have left her”

“Well let’s not leave her now”

Tom looked at Dan, his almost complete mirror image. He was standing holding the door open for him waiting patiently for him to go back to Georgia’s side. Where she needed him.

Tom took a deep breath and made his way back into the small hospital room. He always promised he wouldn’t leave Georgia. No matter what happened. And this time was no different. There was no way he was going to give up on her like Oliver had done.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's taken a while to get this out.
Hope you all like it though.

Thanks for all the comments. More maybe?
xx