‹ Prequel: Hollow Crown.

Save Me.

The only thing left to lose is time.

"Want to watch a film?"

Georgia turned from the bathroom door to look at Tom. He was sitting on the back of the sofa, a bundle of DVD's in his hands, his face filled with excitement.

Dinner hadn't been as bad as she had anticipated. Thomas was just as he was when she previously met him. Quiet and reserved. His dancing blue eyes doing most of his talking. He had given her a heavy envelope as the group broke up in the car park, making her promise not to open it until she was alone. It was all she could think about while Tom rambled on on the drive home.

"I'm kinda tired, tomorrow?" she wanted nothing more than to cuddle up beside Tom on the couch, but she couldn't keep her mind off of the envelope of secrets waiting patiently on her bed, having been placed under her discarded dress in favour of comfier shorts and oversized t-shirt.

"I'll hold you to that Carter" Tom smiled as he walked down the hall way towards her. Pulling her into his warm body he mumbled 'sweet dreams' in to her hair before kissing her cheek softly. With butterfly's in her tummy she mumbled 'goodnight' back as he retreated back into his room.

As soon as Tom had shut the door over, Georgia rushed back to her room accidently slamming the door shut and almost springing off her bed as she jumped onto it. She pulled apart the envelope as if she were young again opening up her Christmas presents unable to to hid her excitement and wonder.

Her actions slowed once the glossy photo paper was sitting in her lap an unfamiliar face staring up at her. A quick shuffle through the pile and the same big brown eyes looked back at her throughout.

Each photo was of the pouty faced boy and herself. Everyone had a different background; beaches, parks, car parks filled with buses, monuments she didn't know. Memories she didn't have.

The only similarities in each was his colourful arm slung across her shoulder or secured around her waist holding her close and her big tooth grin.

Realisation dawned on her. All those months of therapy, trying to put back all the missing pieces of her life and the boys never properly explaining things. There was always a hesitation in story telling and memory recall. Always an awkward pause. A flash of gaze at Sam.

After the last photo Georgia noticed a small piece of paper that had fallen onto her bed. Picking it up she had to screw up her eyes in order to make out the scribbled handwriting. Wishing she never had when it dawned on her what Sam had been keeping from her.

"Where are you going?" Georgia jumped out of her skin at the sound of Tom's voice. She hadn't realise how much noise she had been making rearranging her room looking for a matching pair of trainers and her car keys. She froze, just stood breathing heavily only just noticing she was crying.

Heavy tears streaming down her face. "Where did you get these?" Tom continued with his questioning walking into the room and picking up a couple of photos that were strewn across her bed before looking at her again.

"Why didn't you tell me I was engaged?"

Tom watched as Georgia's hands shook slightly as she played with strands of her hair. A nervous habit she had only recently picked up.

"It was my pl..."

"Bullshit!" Georgia yelled interrupting him. "Sam told you not to tell me didn't he?"

Tom didn't answer. Didn't have too. The fact that he suddenly found the floor more interesting than anything else said more than he ever could.

"You're meant to be my friend"

Tom's brow furrowed as he looked up at Georgia's face. Her tears had stopped but left her eye's red and puffy.

"I am your friend," The realisation that that was all he'd ever be to the immaculate creature broke his heart. Never before had he felt so rejected. "How were we supposed to tell you that without you wondering why he wasn't around?"

The hurt in Georgia's eyes made his stomach ache. His throat was dry as he tried to keep his emotions back.

"You've got a chance to start all over again. You never have to live with all the lies and deceit that Sam's trying to protect you from. Why don't you understand"

Tom stalked his way around the bed-frame to the side Georgia was on. He placed his hands upon her shoulders, gripping onto her flesh tightly in a desperate attempt to get her to listen to him.

"I want to go see him" Tom wasn't sure he had heard her right. He couldn't have. His Georgia would never want to see Oliver again. She'd leave a room if he entered it. Turn of the radio if he was on it. Not purchase a magazine if he was in it. "He's part of my life"

"He's not any more!" Tom all but screamed in her face, the tears returning to her eyes as he shook her body slightly. "Everything's perfect again, why are you doing this?"

Georgia pushed Tom away from her roughly, unable to look at his distraught face. It would only cause her to change her mind. Wiping tears from her face she picked up a hoodie from the floor and pulled her trainers onto her feet, while Tom ran his hands through his hair mumbling incoherent sentences to himself.

"He sent me his address. I'm going"

Pushing past Tom, Georgia hurried out the room. Never had she thought she could hate him before but all she could see in him at that moment was Sam. A smiling face of deceit and lies. The thing that everyone was trying desperately to protector her from was the only thing they had be doing.
She hadn't made it to the end of the hall before Tom had caught up to her. He had managed to put on some shoes and a jumper and was removing the car keys from her hands before she could protest.

"Just so you know," It had been a silent walk through the building down to the car park. The air filled with tension and hatred. The pair had never experienced anything close to the situation between them before. Tom stopped in front of the car, turning to face Georgia's small body. She had shuffled behind him the whole journey throwing glares at his back. He placed his large hands on her cheeks forcing her to look up at him. Soft blue eyes searching hers. A whisper of a kiss that almost made her knees buckle.

"We're not the bad guy's in this situation. You'll see before it's all over"
♠ ♠ ♠
This and the next chapter were going to be a really long one but i decide to split them up so you can see the total contrast between each side of the story. Fingers crossed it'll be worth it once the next one is up. Got some new subscribers on the last chapter so I hope you're all enjoying reading this.