‹ Prequel: Hollow Crown.

Save Me.

Tell me that you're terrified of life

Honey brown eyes met icy blue. Nothing but breathing filled the room. Ridged body's and hardened stares. Time stood still. Like it always had with those eyes. Nothing else was acknowledged. Nothing else mattered.

"Oliver?"

Heart sinking he turned slightly, looking back into his flat where the other blonde was standing in the hallway. Concern etched face watching curiously.

Oliver glanced back and forth between the two women. An internal battle.

"Em, I think I have the wrong place"

Nothing seemed to process in Oliver's brain. Just a natural reaction took place as he grabbed the small woman at his door, his stare never faltering.

"Can we finish the interview later?" Oliver questioned not bothering to look away from Georgia. "I have yer company's number so I'll phone"

The woman conducting the interview collected her belongings and left the flat, making sure to nudge Georgia hard on the shoulder on the way past.

The lifetime of silence washed over the couple as they embarked on an awkward shuffle to the living room couch, Oliver's grip never loosening. Terrified she might vanish. He sat on the couch opposite watching Georgia carefully. The positions the same all afternoon just a change in company.

She looked different to what he remembered. Thinner. A lot thinner than he had ever seen her. Her eyes no longer shone the way the used to when she looked at him. He couldn't even bring himself to look at the scar that ran along the right hand side of her hairline. A constant reminder.

"You're Tommy's brother?" Oliver nodded slightly, startled by the sudden sound of her voice. One he had missed terribly. "You look like him. Different eyes but"

Silence took over again. Oliver staring at his hands crossed in his lap. Georgia watched him carefully, trying to figure out how he fit into her life. Nothing was familiar about his handsome face or his uncomfortable movements.

Oliver couldn't sit still, his leg bouncing worse than it ever had before, his heart hammering against his rib cage. His stomach on the verge of falling from his body. Either end was a valid fear at this point.

"D'yeh want a drink?" he barely managed to croak out before rolling his eyes at his own stupidity. His breathing came to abrupt halt as he watched the face that plagued his mind contort in confusion.

"No thank you," Oliver's breath was released with an audible huff. His palms were sweating, his brain a mish mash of thoughts. "I'd like to know why you sent me those photos"

Georgia heard the anxious tone hidden in her voice. She watched the colourful male across from her carefully. He hadn't stopped wriggling about since she practically pulled her through his front door much to the displeasure of the other blond he had there before. At that point she started to doubt her decision to visit the strange block of flats. Not that she had much of a choice, Carol had all but forced her into the car and up the stairs. She had promised to tell Tom where she had gone on Georgia's behalf. Georgia wasn't sure herself if he would care or not. She was trying to figure out wither that or the thought of Tom willingly bringing her to meet someone who was rotating girls in and out his flat hurt more.

"What photo's Gee?"

Georgia's eyes flickered to sunken orbs when his voice croaked hoarsely. He was so skinny she was sure a strong wind would break his bones. His skin so sullen and pale. A vast contrast to the smiling boy in the photo.

"The photo's with the letter you gave to Thomas," Georgia's voice was soft and slow. She spoke carefully pronouncing each syllable as if she wasn't sure she was doing it right. "Maybe I've made a mistake." Her head was beginning to hurt, behind her eyes was burning.

Careless words fell from her lips. Oliver wasn't sure he was keeping up. He watched Georgia doubt herself, her fingers twitching in her lap, her face full of concern.

Seconds later she bolted upright off the couch, her breathing heavy. "I need to go. Everything's wrong"

Oliver panicked, following her off the couch, grabbing out at her hands. She pulled away from his reach eyes watering. "Gee, calm down eh?" Oliver's speech was rushed as he paced in front of her, utterly out of control of the situation. He did'nt know what was happening. "What where the photos Tommeh gave yeh?" He grabbed a hold of her shoulders shaking her slightly as if it would help her speak. "Come on Gee, we can figure this out. Yeh always said I never wanted to talk. I'm trying sort it!"

Georgia looked up at his broken face, her mind was racing as she tried to understand what was happening.

"Yeh don't 'member meh do yeh?" Oliver questioned sadly. His eyes searching her face as he tried to control his emotions. He knew it wasn't her fault. Knew that all of this came back to rest on his shoulders but he could still feel his anger rising.

"I was in an accident, I don't..." Georgia stopped breathing when their eyes met. Concern staring into heartbreak.

"Yer supposed to 'member meh!" Georgia jumped slightly at the sudden anger and hurt in his voice.
"Yeh don't 'ust forget the most important person in yer life! Yeh were the one that changed Gee! Not meh!"

Oliver ran his hands through his freshly cut short hair. Through gritted teeth and hardened eyes he looked back to her. The fact that she look so terrified enraged him even more. His Georgia would never act like this. She would be the one yelling at him, pacing the flat in frustration. She looked small against the room.

"Yeh can't jus' turn back up 'ere and act like this," Oliver sighed frustrated. "None of this was 'spose to 'appen. I tried to say sorreh at new year and yeh ignored meh. Acted like I wasn't even there, what else was I 'sposed to do"

Georgia was getting tired of people accusing her of changing. She had always been the same as she was now. She couldn't understand why losing part of her memory was such a big deal to people around her. She watched the tattooed boy in front of her,his eyes staring at her trying to figure out what was going on in her mind. It was a look she had recently gotten used to.

"I didn't come to make you upset," Oliver frowned as she spoke, his mouth open slight but his teeth clenched together. "I just want someone to tell me what happened. Please tell me" Georgia whispered, tears slowly making their way from her eyes. She felt sick, her throat dry, head aching.
"Please? I'm tired of not knowing anything and people always talking behind my back about how I'm different, how I've changed. I see the way everyone looks at me like I'm broken. I'm not. I just lost a part of my life that no one will tell me about. How is that fair?"

"Yeh know what 'appened Gee!" Oliver yelled exasperated. "Deep down yeh know"
♠ ♠ ♠
Almost done.
Hope people are still into this after its been so long since I updated.