‹ Prequel: Hollow Crown.

Save Me.

But the truth is that I've never fallen so hard.

The Carter children sat in Georgia’s kitchen, one each side of the island, neither speaking a word as the stared blankly at Georgia’s phone in between them, willing it to ring. No sound had travelled through the flat in over an hour apart from the heavy rain outside, hard winds hitting off the building. Anticipation the only feeling to be felt.

The siblings gaze broke from the phone and moved to each others eyes as it started to vibrate off of the marble like surface, both wanting to answer it but not at the same time. Sam sighed before answering the shrill ringing, putting it on loud speaker and returning it to it’s originally place.

“She’s alright” their father’s voice cried down the phone, the children letting out sighs of relief. “They want to keep her in for a couple of days but she’ll be fine”

“We can get there first thing in the morning” Sam said, his hands shaking as rubbed his face. Meeting Georgia’s eyes, he reached across the island to touch her face gently, a loving gesture to make sure she was alright.

“You promised you’d go on tour Sam, you both did” their father’s voice was harsh as he spoke. “You can’t break that promise for her”

“Just tell her we love her Dad” Georgia mumbled, taking Sam’s hand in hers.

Sam zoned out from the conversation. He couldn’t understand how they could go to America knowing that their mother wasn’t well. What if something happened to her and they weren’t there for her?

“We promised Sam” Georgia mumbled as she disconnected the phone call. Sam looked at his sister. She looked as though no amount of bad news could destroy her soul at that moment, he looked as though he was about ready to curl up in a ball and die on the spot. Everything was in reverse.

The silence of flat was broken when their group of friends piled in, each soaking wet and drunk. Oliver’s eyes instantly landed Georgia’s sullen face. He raced over to her, tripping over his feet as he went, engulfing her in a hug, kissing her head repeatedly. Georgia sighed, pushing Oliver away gentle and disappearing into their bedroom, not able to cope with the sudden amount of people.

Oliver listened to Sam’s explanation of what happened before he followed Georgia. Opening the bedroom door he found her changing her clothes, stripping down from her dress to a pair of Drop Dead shorts and one of his vest tops.

“Where you goin’?” Oliver asked quietly, making his way over to the bed.

“Out for a run” Georgia mumbled pulling on her Nike’s, her brow furrowing when Oliver stood and removed his jeans, rummaging through the wardrobe for a pair of basketball shorts.

*****

Oliver’s breaths were deep and laboured as he followed a couple of seconds after Georgia, the pelting raining hitting off his skin causing it to sting slightly, his clothes sticking uncomfortably to his body. He had pushed back his fringe a while ago so that he could see a little better although his eyes still struggled slightly to see Georgia’s small frame through the downpour.

Lungs and legs pumping, the pair had run for miles, gasping for air when the rain got a little heavier. At first they had tried to pass around the puddles, their efforts in vain when they got to the smaller unlit country roads where moonlight was the only means of seeing anything. Oliver kept an eye on Georgia; every so often she would let out a loud sob then try to conceal it with a cough. Oliver knew better, he also knew she needed space at that moment; she would talk to him as soon as she was ready.

Their pace started to slow down, Oliver only a couple of steps behind Georgia, her body within arms reach. All he wanted to do was reach out and grab her, hold her close to his body and make her better.

Eventually Georgia stopped, her small frame shaking from a mixture of crying and cold. Oliver stopped beside her, putting his arm around her shoulder as she cradled her face in her hands. Pulling her into his chest, he looked up to the sky, focusing on the couple of stars that had managed to push themselves out of the clouds, as Georgia cried into his chest.

The couple stood for a while wrapped in each others bodies, both shivering from the heat lose their bodies had suffered from stopping running, the strong winds causing them to sway softly. Georgia pulled away from Oliver, her flushed face staring at his.

“I don’t want to go on tour” she whispered, barely audible over the stormy weather.

“Yer mums’ gonna be ‘lright love. We can go see ‘er tomorrow before we leave” Oliver smiled sadly at her, kissing her forehead lightly.

“It’s not just that,” Georgia cracked, removing Oliver’s hands from her cheeks. Her heart sped up at the look in Oliver’s eyes, her stomaching tightening making her feel sick. “What of something happens to us? What if…”

“Nothing’s gonna happen to us love” Oliver interrupted, his hands holding on to her forearms stopping her from throwing them around. “We’re gonna be fine” he smiled down at her before pulling her back into his chest, taking a moment to muster up the courage to pour his heart out to her.

“How do you know that Oliver?” Georgia asked, pulling back from him to look at incredulously. “How could you…”

“’Cause I want to marry you Gee” Oliver yelled out suddenly realising he wasn’t going to be able to get a word in edge wise. Georgia stood open mouthed staring at him not being able to process anything in her head.

“Being that this wasn’t how I planed, the rings at home” he smiled down at her, watching the rain drop slid slowly down her flawless face.

“I want to spend forever with you” he whispered when Georgia never said anything, a small smile forming on her face before she threw herself into him, kissing him as if it would be the last time.

*****

Heathrow airports café had been taken over by everyone that was on the Architect/Bring Me the Horizon American tour. Everyone was spread around, chattering excitedly, eating and drinking, patiently waiting for their flight number to be called.

“They’ll be ‘lright soon, it’s all the waiting ‘bout that’s the problem” Thomas quietly told his brother. Oliver sighed staring over at Georgia, who was cradled in Sam’s lap, from his position in the uncomfortable metal seat, his hands folded together in his lap.

He smiled softly when she played softly on the new sparkling diamond ring that adorned her left hand, thinking back to the previous hours where they were sat in hospital with Mrs. Carter. Georgia had held on to his and Sam’s hands the entire trip to the hospital, her small body shaking. Once there and seeing her mother was alright, at least not as bad as she had pictured, she relaxed a little. Her smile never leaving her face as her mother asked about the ring on finger. Of course it wasn’t as big a surprise for the older couple as Georgia was made to believe, Oliver had asked them permission to do it a year ago. Mr. Carter was just glad he had magically found the balls to do it.

Oliver mumbled an agreement at his brother, his eyes never once leaving his fiancé. He hoped his brother was right because he knew he couldn’t live without Georgia.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry its taken forever to get this out but I've been really busy.
Dead Swans were amazing last week, I met Benny (:
Devil Sold His Soul tonight, yeah!
comments?
and thank you to everyone who has commented/subscribed.
x