‹ Prequel: Hollow Crown.

Save Me.

Too long to contemplate.

Oliver had a tendency to follow Georgia around like a puppy at the best of times. When she was ill he felt the need to constantly be with her. Georgia appreciated the caring act of love but all she really wanted was to be left alone. Two weeks after she had first taken ill she was still occasionally feeling sick, the feeling passing and returning ever couple of days.

Sam had been keeping an eye on his sibling noticing she wasn’t up for causing much chaos with the rest of the boys, especially Ali. Although Ali seamed to be having just as much of a horrible time in the states as what Georgia was having. Neither of them had been their usual self’s since they left the UK. Putting it down to jet lag for the first couple of days, Sam and the rest of the boys had become increasingly more worried about the pair.

“Look who’s finally awake boys” Tim said loudly over the rest of the boys babbling. Each of the Architects boys turned their attention to the small door that separated the living area of the bus from the kitchen, where Georgia was making her way towards the table, one of Oliver’s t-shirt covering her small body.

“Your looking better today” Sam smiled throwing his arm around her shoulders when she took the only seat left at the small table beside him. Georgia yawned, resting her head on his shoulder as she watched Ali staring intently at his phone that was cradled in his hands.

The rest of the table went back to their previous conversations leaving Georgia to watch an unusually quiet Alex Dean. The entire time they had been in the States Ali hadn’t been himself in the slightest. Uncharacteristically quiet and reclusive he had worried not only the eldest Carter but the youngest too.

Oliver made his presence know to the group when he entered the room by tripping up over an unknown object and landing face down on the littered floor when the bus took a sharp turn, causing the group to laugh at his expense. Standing up and brushing himself of invisible dirt, Oliver mocked their laughter and lifted Georgia from her spot before settling in it himself with her on his lap.

Laughter died down and the group was left in a sullen silence. Dan and Tim were both reading different books, Tom had emerged himself in the music of his iPod and Ali had removed himself from the room. Georgia watched the worried expression return to Sam’s face, her heart sinking when she realised it was the same expression he had been watching her with for the last couple of weeks.

“You alright Gee?” Oliver whispered in her ear his breath tickling her skin. No words came from her, only a slight head nod as her gaze was fixed on her older brother.

Oliver watched Georgia with curiosity plastered on his face as he tried to figure out what was going on in her head. His gaze would occasionally follow hers to Sam. Both were so similar in looks; long blond hair, deep dark eyes and small noses but also in attitudes. Both as stubborn and caring as the other.

****

“Maybe its psychological pms” Thomas said to his brother before taking a long drink of his cold beer.

The Sykes brothers and Alexa were sitting at a picnic table under the welcoming shade of a huge parasol in the middle of a huge field in Brighton, Colorado, the setting of the festival both bands were playing that day. Each were content in watching everyone else around them work while they took, what they thought was, a well deserved break.

“Don’t be stupid” Alexa scolded her boyfriend, rolling her eyes. She was too hot to be bothered with any of the boy’s stupidity.

“’e might be onto somethin’” Oliver mused, seeing how far he could push the irritable female. He would do it to Georgia but he knew she wouldn’t hesitate to punch him if he went too far. Alexa was the more relaxed of the two, Georgia being the one to act physically without taking the time to think of something witty to say.

“You two are wankers” Alexa muttered as she left the table in search of someone who she could be bothered with, the two brothers laughing softly at her.

“You know they’ll be ‘lright?” Thomas asked Oliver after a couple of minutes of silence. “They’re closer than we are” He watched his brother carefully as he answered.

Oliver watched the Carter siblings as they helped as they interacted with one another. They had spent the morning helping everyone set up stages and doing sound checks and where now sat on the grass facing each other talking about something, Georgia laughing occasionally making Oliver’s heart swell. He still couldn’t get used to the fact that after knowing her so long she still made him feel exactly the way he did when he first met her; like a stupid love sick teenager.

Oliver took his time answering his brother. He knew deep down that everything would be okay but that didn’t stop the worry that he had been keeping locked away. It had gotten to that part of touring where everyone was tired and no one could be bothered anymore. After too many weeks on the road of not eating or sleeping right and taking advantage of free drinks be thrown left right and centre at them the groups moral had started to lower. That and they knew they would be heading home soon. Home to their famialies and their own beds. The two main things that everyone was missing terribly.

“I know they will” his answer was not as strong as he had meant it to be. And he knew that Thomas knew that too.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry it's taken soooooooo long to get this out.
I promise I'll have another out in the next week.
Comments?
x