‹ Prequel: Hollow Crown.

Save Me.

Staring blankly into concerned eyes.

Phoenix was the last stop of the American leg of the tour. If the tour thought LA was hot they were in for a big surprise when they hit Arizona.

The buses had stopped outside the last venue the bands would be playing, the majority of the tour residents evacuating the buses in order to soak up their last full day’s worth of the American sun.

“I don’t want to go ‘ome yet” Alexa whined in Thomas’s ear. He rolled his eyes but continued to stroke her hair gently with his finger tips, squirming every time she felt the need to chew on his shoulder a little.

“I’m just tired of sleeping in those stupid bunks” Matt sighed from his position sprawled out on the bus floor, his magazine held above his head in what looked like an uncomfortable reading position.

Oliver sat quietly across the small table from his brother and Alexa listening to what the small group where discussing, his brain slipping in and out of consciousness, his eyes focusing on the thread coming from the rip in his jeans at the knee as his fingers played absent minded with the fraying denim.

His mind seemed to be stuck in a loophole, concentrating on just one single matter; Georgia. She had yet to bounce back to her normal self and Oliver had started to worry even more. At first he had put it down to the strain of the tour. No one on the tour had been across America this way so it had been hard for all off them to adjust, particularly for Ali and Georgia. But recently Ali had been fine, emerging himself back into his usual position in the group whereas Georgia was still a little distant. All that was plaguing his mind was that Georgia may be having second thoughts about marrying him.

The door to the bus opened causing everyone to jump slightly and Alexa to yell at whoever it was that they where letting out all the air conditioning. Sam trudged sullenly up the steps and through the bus to sit beside Oliver at the table, Georgia following close behind him muttering under her breath.

All eyes where glued to Sam patiently waiting to be told why he was being scolded by his younger sibling. Receiving no information from Sam attention was directed to Georgia when she returned from the bathroom with some form of bottle in her hand. Standing at the side of Sam, Georgia took a hankie from her pocket and covered it with the clear liquid of the bottle.

“I told you to watch where you were going” Georgia sighed pulling at the sleeve of Sam’s t-shirt to reveal a gaping wound at the top of his arm before pressing her hankie onto it.

Sam’s yelling was loud enough for the majority of the state to hear Oliver was sure of that. He’d always know the Carters to be a little overdramatic at the best of times. Sam more so than Georgia.

“I never planned on having kids Sam so I don’t see why I should do this for you” Georgia mumbled whipping Sam’s hair from his eyes when he had calmed down.

“Yeah, well we’ll be home tomorrow so I won’t bother you anymore. You can go back to your perfect life without me in the way” Sam spat before angrily removing himself from the bus.

His hands balling into fists as he walked, Sam shook his head violently yelling out a series of profanities. He couldn’t understand what had happened to his sister. The one he loved he loved had vanished leaving a hollow shell in its wake.

Sam slumped down on the bench beside Ali sighing and running his hands through his hair as he did so. Looking to his friend, Sam would never have believed that this was the same Ali from a couple of weeks ago. His whole aura had become the same old relaxed one that drew people to him.

“You freaking out at her isn’t going to help the situation” Ali sighed turning his attention to Sam. Both men knew the words to be true and yet it seemed to land on unopened ears again

*****

Airports tended to get everyone excited wither it be from nerves of those who disliked the idea of being hundreds of thousands of feet in the air in what was essentially a tin can or from whoever was looking forward to being at their destination.

Georgia was sat in one of the uncomfortable steal chairs at an empty table in of the airports cafes. Her hair being held away from her face by a bandana and a bobble left her tired face and heavy eyes visible for the world to see. The strain of the tour was evident even to ignorant eyes.

An airport is a building of emotion. Georgia had come to that conclusion a long time ago. Crammed full of arrivals that had missed those who they love and departures that tried to put on a brave face but broke down as soon as they were beyond the gate. Not forgetting those who were left behind; friends and family or simply the people whose flights were delayed.

Georgia hated nothing more than delayed flights. It left people with far too much time on their hands. Time used for either drinking or sitting alone overanalysing anything that’s ever happened in life.

The youngest Carter was a doer never a thinker. Consequences of actions were bothered about until it really was too late. Her mother always said it would be her downfall one day.

That’s why delayed flights where never welcomed with open arms. Georgia didn’t want time to think she wanted something to do. But with being stuck in an airport for unknown hours there was little else she could do.

“You alright?” Thomas’s soft voice broke the intense gaze she had held on her water bottle. Casting her eyes to her friend she nodded her head reassuring no one convincingly. “Everyone’s worried Gee”

The sadness in Thomas’s voice broke something in her. She was sick of people worrying, sick of being the baby. Everyone had been acting differently around her recently like they were walking on eggshells waiting for to explode. Even Sam and Oliver had started.

“Sam’s not talking to anyo…”

“That’s not my fucking problem Tom!” Georgia half yelled interrupting him midsentence before removing herself from the table in search of somewhere to be alone again.

Thomas couldn’t understand why Georgia was acting the way she was. There was just no clear explanation. He was just hoping that going home would restore some normality to the situation for everyone’s sake.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry its been forever ):
comments please.