Breathe

Breathe by Faith Hill

I can feel the magic floating in the air
Being with you gets me that way
I watch the sunlight dance across your face and I’ve
Never been this swept away


The wind blows your beautiful, long black hair. The hair I love to run my hands through. You turn to me and smile and once again I’m just swept away. The last bit of sunlight hits your face just perfectly and I can almost taste the love, the magic, the want, the need, that just flows between us.

All my thoughts seem to settle on the breeze
When I’m lying wrapped up in your arms
The whole world just fades away
The only thing I hear
Is the beating of your heart


You pull me close and lay us back on the grass of our favorite hill. I lean my head on your chest and listen to the steady beat of your heart and the whole world just disappears. This right here are the moments I live for. The moments where it’s just you and me and no one can bother us. No people calling us fags, or beating us up for loving each other, and no one hating us for who we are. These moments where my heart beats in time to yours, and I can feel the love.

cause I can feel you breathe
Its washing over me
Suddenly I’m melting into you
There’s nothing left to prove
Baby all we need is just to be
Caught up in the touch
The slow and steady rush
Baby, isn’t that the way that loves supposed to be
I can feel you breathe
Just breathe


You slowly roll on top of me and I place my hand on your chest to feel the steadiness of your breathing. Your warm breath washes over my face as you lean in and plant a gentle, loving kiss on my lips. Then suddenly, as you slip your tongue into my mouth, I melt into you. I know then, there isn’t anything I need to prove to you, I don’t need to say the words because you already know and I know you feel the same. You slide your hand under my shirt and I let myself fall, let myself get lost in your touch. Your hands trace each muscle, each curve, each dip, and it gives me a rush. Slow and steady, it’s just perfect. Isn’t this how it’s always supposed to be? Isn’t love supposed to be this simple, this perfect, this wonderful?

In a way I know my heart is waking up
As all the walls come tumbling down
I’m closer than I’ve ever felt before
And I know
And you know
There’s no need for words right now


I feel my heart swell and all the walls I’ve built crumble into nothing. Only you can do that to me, only you can make me open up. I’ve told you everything about my past, all the nightmarish things that have happened to me. You pull out of the kiss and search my eyes and I know, and you know, no words are spoken as you slide my shirt over my head and come back in for another kiss.

cause I can feel you breathe
Its washing over me
Suddenly I’m melting into you
There’s nothing left to prove
Baby all we need is just to be
Caught up in the touch
The slow and steady rush
Baby, isn’t that the way that loves supposed to be
I can feel you breathe
Just breathe

Caught up in the touch
The slow and steady rush
Baby, isn’t that the way that loves supposed to be
I can feel you breathe
Just breathe

I can feel the magic floating in the air
Being with you gets me that way


The dance we share is slow, romantic, tender, and perfect. The oldest dance known to man, something we do on a regular basis, is just like the first time. Now, as we lie here, I feel your chest rise and fall with your breath. I feel it on the back of my neck and it makes me shiver. You’re stroking my back and I just get caught up in your touch. It’s so gentle, so simple, so absentminded, but it’s your touch and that is what makes it special. I get a rush from your touch, from your breath, from your heart beat, from you in general, but isn’t that the way it’s supposed to be? Isn’t it supposed to be like this? Aren’t I supposed to feel the magic? I wonder if you feel the magic like I can. I sit up and look into your perfect hazel eyes.

“I love you.” You smile at my words, put your hand on my face and I lean my head onto it.

“And I love you.”

“Do you feel it Gee? Can you feel the magic?”

“Yeah Mikey, I do.”

“It’s perfect isn’t it?” You smile and nod gently. I lay back down to feel your breathing, to hear your heart beat and I let myself get lost, because this is the way love’s supposed to be. So for me, baby.

Just breathe.
♠ ♠ ♠
Word Count : 868