Nothing Can Stop True Love

Detention, Malfoy!

“Professor Riddle, I could just kiss you." Oliver Wood exclaimed as he gathered all of his material before going to dinner.


“Ha well that is a little inappropriate Mr. Wood. But for what?” I asked smiling at him.


" For saving my Seeker, of course." Oliver answered walking up to my desk, littered with essays.


“Well I’m glad you still have him, it would be a shame for him to be out this early in the season.”


“That’s what I said! McGonagall said that his life was more important than Quidditch. What can I do to repay you?”


“Oliver I was really just doing my job, but you can just keep doing your classwork.”


“It’s a deal, Professor. See you next class.”


I sighed in relief whenever he left the room. I really hoped he was the last person to thank me. I went back to grading papers when a group of students walked by my room.


“I swear one day I’m going to kill that Mudblood.” Draco Malfoy snarled.


“Excuse me, what are you all doing? Shouldn’t you be at dinner right now?” I asked, coming out of my room.


"We were just talking Professor Riddle." Pansy Parkinson answered first
.

"I realize this, and I didn't like some of the language that was spoken." I stared hard at Draco, who very much resembled his father.


“What what language was that, Professor?” He asked sarcastically.


"Mudblood. And don’t speak to me in that tone.” I scolded him.


“Does it offend you because you are one? My father told me.”


“Right. Twenty points from Slytherin. Each. And detention, Malfoy.”


" What!?!" The five Slytherin screamed.


" Do all of you have a problem with that?" I shouted at them.


“What’s going on here?” Severus asked in a cool voice, coming around the corner.


"Professor Riddle took about a hundred points from Slytherin and gave me detention." Draco told Snape.


" Is this true Professor Riddle?" Snape looked at me through narrow eyes.


"Yes it is. They were using inappropriate language and when I questioned them, Malfoy took an attitude with me.


“Well..I see. I’ll take care of it from here.”


“I have it under control, Severus.”


“You aren’t their Head of House. Go off to dinner and I’ll take over their punishments.”


I gave up and walked around the corner to listen to what he had to say to them.


"What did you five do?" Snape asked.


" We were just talking and then she showed up." Draco explained, attempting to sound innocent.


"Yes I understand that. What did you say to upset her?" Snape asked once again.


"We were just talking about Granger." Pansy told him and Snape sighed.


"Please telling me you didn't say ‘Mudblood’?"


“Of course we did,” Goyle answered. “And then Draco called her one too.”


" Is this true Draco?" Snape hissed.


" Yes," Draco answered " My father told me all about her. She's a filthy mudblood."


" Bite your tongue, Malfoy!" Snape yelled in anger. Everyone, including me were totally stunned and silent, as he never yells at Draco. “Do you even know who she is related to?”


“No?” They all answered.


" She's the Dark Lord's granddaughter." Snape said simply.


" That's impossible!" Draco answered immediately


" It's true Malfoy." Snape said.


"Then why didn't father tell me?" Draco asked.


"Because he doesn't like to believe it himself. No one else knows about it because the Ministry did such a good job hiding it. Imagine what would happen when the Prophet found out that the Dark Lord’s heir was teaching at Hogwarts." Snape explained. “100 points to Slytherin. Come see me later, Draco. We’ll decide your detention then.” This was my signal to leave and talk to Remus.

***

" Remus you'll never believe what I heard!" I ran into his room.

" What is it, Serenity?" He asked, smiling at my hyperness.


"Snape was actually yelling and punishing students of his own house and Malfoy was one of them."


“Wow. Really?” He asked in shock.


" Mhmm, I caught his students talking about Mudbloods and then Malfoy called me one. I took one hundred points off of them and gave Malfoy detention. When Snape showed up i left and listened to him from around the corner.”


“That’s really out of character for Severus.”

“Yeah. But then he told them all that I’m Voldemort’s granddaughter. So it wasn’t that out of character.”


“Well you can’t expect him to change over night. So I heard you were going to the Bermuda Triangle over Christmas?” He changed the subject.


“Yeah, Albus asked me. What are you doing for holiday?”


" Going back to my home and get ready for the next full moon." Remus told me sadly.

" Are you sure your going to be alright?"


" Yes, like I said before.” He smirked at me.


" Hey, what ever happen to you and Jennifer?" I asked randomly.


" Oh..Um we broke up about a year ago. She was upset with my furry little problem."


" Oh I'm sorry to hear that," I said with a emphatic smile "Maybe you should try and patch things up with Susie."


"You know she can’t stand me anymore.”


“Well..honestly for good reason. You acted like a total prat after Lily and James died. I’m giving you a mission for over break. Apologize to Susie. Okay, thank you, bye.” I left before he could say anything else.
♠ ♠ ♠
All I have to say is I'm sorry.