Nothing Can Stop True Love

One Last Thanks

"Professor..Professor..PROFESSOR!!" A yell came from behind as I was walking back from Remus’s room.


“Yes, Mr. Potter?” I turned to see Harry running after me.


“I’ve been meaning to thank you for what you did at the quidditch match.”


“You really don’t need to thank me, Harry. It would have been the reaction of any teacher with the ability to do the same.” I smiled at him. “Just watch out for dementors next time.”


" I'll keep that in mind." Harry laughed.


"So what have you been up to lately?"


" Not much," Harry answered, " I heard you were going to the Bermuda Triangle over break. That’s kind of a bad way to spend your holiday."


" I am. I don’t have much else to do over break so it’s better than sitting here all the time." I sighed.


" Um..Professor I've been meaning to ask you something." He seemed apprehensive in asking me.


"Yes, what is it?"


" Well on the train and then at the Quidditch match, I pass out and alway hear a lady scream." Harry confided in me, " No one else ever passes out. Am I just weaker than everyone else..or what?"


" You're not weak Harry. You've just been through so much more than your fellow students. How about you go ask Professor Lupin about this subject, I honestly know very little about dementors."


“Okay, thank you Professor. I’ll ask him after class sometime.”


" Bye, Harry!" I said, watching him walk away.


Later that night I sat by my window, looking at my engagement ring. I haven’t talked to Sirius in a few days so I go up and gathered ink, parchment, and a box. I tied the box with the supplies in it and took it to Snow.


“I want you to take the box to Sirius. And please don’t leave until he opens the box and writes me something.” Snow nodded her head and flew away. I sat on the windowsill and fell asleep waiting for her to come back.


A few hours must have gone by because Snow was sitting on the ledge waiting for me to wake up. I immediately took the letter she set beside me and read it.


Dear Serenity,


As lovely as it is to be able to talk to you this way, I would love it if you could visit me. Oh I miss you so much, dearest! I am going crazy not being able to hold or touch you. This has to be worse torture than being in Azkaban. You are so close yet too far away. Promise we’ll see each other soon. I cannot go much longer without you.


With all my love,
Padfoot

I reread the letter quite a few times before I wrote him a reply. We spent the next few hours writing small love letters back and forth until Snow decided she didn’t want to fly anymore. It was around five in the morning when I finally went to bed.

The next morning I went about my normal routine in a slightly slower manner than usual.


" You look very tired Serenity!" Albus said as he was coming into my room.


" Yeah, I didn't get that much sleep last night." You replied with a smile.


" I see," Dumbledore smiled while examining a telescope that was lying on a shelf. "You seem to be much happier lately than you were in the beginning of the month."


"How do you figure that, Albus?” I smiled widely at him.


"You haven’t stopped smiling and you’re not as depressed anymore."


“You’re very right.”


“Good. You were starting to worry me. It’s been twelve years since I’ve seen you like this.”


" Oh, Albus you know I would never hurt myself." I walked over and gave him a hug. " I would never want to cause anyone pain, especially you."


"It’s wonderful to hear you say that. I best be off now though.” He gave me a final hug before walking out the door.


One month later


I was on the train back to Hogwarts from the Triangle. All I have to say about the trip was it was a mess and I’d rather never think about it again. I did, though, get the information I needed and that’s all that really matters.


"Hello!" Remus greeted me with a big smile as he came into the compartment.


"Hello Moony!" I said to him as i took of my old Gryffindor scarf and put it beside me.


"Oh, it's cold out there." Remus exclaimed as he too took off his scarf and jacket.


"It's a little cold out. I guess.” I smirked at him as I watched him shake to the bone. “Oh, did Harry ever ask you about the Dementors?”


“As a matter of fact he did,” he replied. “I’m giving him lessons when classes start back up again.”


“That’s good. He’ll appreciate that.” I sat back in my seat and closed my eyes.


" Well, how was you're Christmas?"


“Oh God...I don’t even want to talk about it.”


“Ha. Sorry. So before I forget to tell you, the day you left there was a dog hanging around the castle. It was eerie how much it looked like Sirius.”

“Hm. This is weird.” I left it at that, knowing full well I needed to have a talk with Sirius about him staying hidden.

The rest of the ride to Hogwarts was silent as I drifted off to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sirius comes back next chapter, I promise!