Onesies

Dare You To Move

A woman in her late twenties was flopped across a hospital bed, exhausted, her dark hair sticking to her face, forehead shiny with sweat. Her tired eyes lit up when the nurse brought her a tiny, red, screaming, wriggling object. The corners of her mouth curved into a smile as she cradled her new, healthy baby in her arms, cuddling it protectively as it quieted.

Welcome to the planet.
Welcome to existence.
Everyone’s here,
Everyone’s here.
Everybody’s watching you now,
Everybody waits for you now.
What happens next,
What happens next?


I dare you to move,
I dare you to move,
I dare you to lift yourself up off the floor.
I dare you to move,
I dare you to move, like today never happened,
Today never happened before.


A man in lifeguard trunks kneeled over a blonde teenage boy lying motionless in the sand. The lifeguard shook his head, hair flinging water, and then continued chest pumps. Another teenager ran up to them, surfboard under her arm. She watched, horrified, as the lifeguard continued CPR.
Finally, the blonde’s eyes flew open, mouth spewing salt water, body bucking convulsively with racking coughs. Both the lifeguard and the girl sighed. He’d be okay.

Welcome to the fallout.
Welcome to existence.
Retention is here,
The tension is here.
Everything isn’t how it could be,
Between how it is and how it should be.


I dare you to move,
I dare you to move,
I dare you to lift yourself up off of the floor.
I dare you to move,
I dare you to move, just like today never happened,
Today never happened.


In another hospital, a nurse gasped, staring at the heart monitor. He cried out for the doctor-the heart had started its normal pace again! The coma patient’s family was called, and was soon clustering around the bed, euphoria in the air.
They all collectively gasped when her eyes opened for the first time in ten years. She simply lay there, staring at nothing, but she blinked, and her heart was working normally.
She was going to make it.

Maybe redemption has stories to tell.
Maybe forgiveness is right where you fell.
Where can you run to escape from yourself?
Where you gonna go?
Where you gonna go?
Salvation is here.


I dare you to move,
I dare you to move,
I dare you to lift yourself up off of the floor.
I dare you to move,
I dare you to move, just like today never happened,
Today never happened, today never happened,
Today never happened
Before.
♠ ♠ ♠
Since the first songfic was about death, i decided to write one about life.
Lots less depressing that way, helped me lighten my mood too.