Lonely, I Believe That You Will Find Me

Bitch

“Well look who it is,” Chris Massey said as Hannah and I walked into view of the other potheads. “Thought you quit.”

“And you got that idea where?” I rolled my eyes.

He laughed. “So what’ll it be this time ladies?”

“A dime,” I said, taking out a ten. He smirked, and reached into his pocket before reaching his hand out for a handshake. I grabbed his hand and the exchange was made. Subtle, but it worked. I smirked at him before stepping back. “Thanks.”

“Pleasure doing business with you,” he said.

Hannah and I walked away, finding our spot. We sat down against the wall as she grabbed a dutch out of her bag. She handed it to me and I started to roll it. She sighed and put her head back against the school wall. “I’ve been dying to smoke for hours.”

“You had a joint this morning,” I reminded her. Pot, pot, pot. That was everything to her. Wasn’t it to me, though?

“Too long ago,” she sighed.

I laughed as I lit it up. “Okay Hannah,” I said as I took the first hit. I smiled as I blew out the smoke. I took one more and handed it to her. Puff, puff, pass, the way we smokers were. She soon passed it to me, and I took another hit. “This stuff is good,” I said.

“Black widow, right?” she asked.

“I don’t know,” I shrugged. “Chris always has the exotic stuff though.”

I sighed and put my head back against the wall as I started feeling it. Soon the blunt was done. I started laughing. “I’m so high,” I said.

“Me too,” she giggled.

I pulled out a cigarette, lighting it and taking a puff. I wanted this to last, and it would if I had a cigarette. We just sat there, letting the feeling play out.

All of a sudden, we saw Chris run past us. He screamed at us. “The cop,” he said.

“Oh shit,” Hannah said as she jumped up. “Come on Cami.” She started running after Chris.

I stood up slowly, unable to go any quicker. Everything was spinning. Everything was blurry. I held onto the wall. The cop was coming. I had to hurry. I had to get away. I started walking in the direction they went, but fell. What was I going to do I could barely move. I knew today was the day I would get caught, the day I was done. I sat down where I was, unable to move.

All of a sudden, I was in the air. I was flying. I had grown wings and I was flying. I put my hands out as I soared. But when I looked up, I saw Joe there. He was holding me. I pushed against him. “Move, you’re getting in the way of my flying.”

“You’re not flying,” Joe told me.

“Yes I am,” I kept hitting him. “I grew wings.”

Joe started moving faster. “Okay, let’s go with that. You keep flying. And I’ll get us away from the cop, okay?”

I stopped struggling. “Okay,” I said, remembering the cop. “How’d you even find me. I’m in the sky.”

“I knew where you were going,” he said. “And I saw the cop walking that way. I came to check on you. Where are all your pothead friends?”

“They didn’t grow wings,” I said as if it were obvious. “Besides, they aren’t my friends.”

“Obviously,” he said. “If they just left you there.”

“The cop was coming,” I said quietly, knowing he was right. But I couldn’t think. I was too high.

“So they left you to get caught? Some friends,” he chuckled.

“Like your friends are any better,” I glared at him. “Where are they?”

“In class,” he shrugged. “Besides, I don’t need help. I’m not the one high, remember?”

“So what?” I asked, angry now. “You think you’re better than me because I get high and you don’t? I’m sorry I know how to live a little.”

“Getting high and almost getting high,” he rolled his eyes. “Yeah, viva la vida loca, huh? Enjoying it, are you?”

I narrowed my eyes. “You don’t know me. Don’t act like you do. You don’t know the first thing about me.”

“And yet I’m the one helping you,” he said. We were in the parking lot now. He set me in the front seat of his car. “I’ll get my brother to bring your car to your house later.”

“So thoughtful,” I rolled my eyes.

He sighed, and got in. I knew I was being a bitch. Here he was, helping me. And I was being so ungrateful. I was such a bitch.
♠ ♠ ♠
Haha so it's been sooo long since I updated. Sorry about that. But here you are. Hopefully you like it. Comments, yes?