Status: Waiting for CHELSEA to tell me her ideas.

Australia

Chapter 4

Denna’s POV

Shane’s enraged howl jolted me awake.

“Now’s a good time to disappear!” Melanie whispered. I grinned and ran towards her hug window, shoving it open with a blast of cold air.

“Where are you going and in your pj’s?” Melanie asks.

“I’m not about to get caught by him in that mood. What’s wrong with my pj’s?” I looked down at my blue and yellow SpongeBob bottoms and my black lace cami. Melanie rolled her eyes and ran from her room. I shrugged and jumped through the window.

“You can run, but you can’t hide! I know this was your idea, Denna!” Shane roared into Melanie’s room like a true Kansas tornado. Oh, yeah, just blame it on me! I ran carefully through dew studded grass and avoided random cow crap.

“You are so DEAD!” I looked back and laughed at his face decorated with my beautiful art, smeared with shaving cream, and Elmer’s glue clinging to his hair. Taking a chance, I scrambled up one of the few trees in Melanie’s yard and broke off a branch, brandishing it like a sword.

“Back, you monster, back!” I shouted between bursts of giggling, waving the stick in his face.

“I’ll save you, Denna!” Melanie shot around the house and tackled her brother to the ground.

“Gah! Help me down!” I looked down and the ground seemed to swim before my eyes. I dropped my weapon and made a grab for the nearest branch to steady myself. It snapped in my hands, sending me crashing on the pile of wrestling siblings. The air was driven from their lungs as I slammed on top of them. Not too smart, climbing a tree when you’re afraid of heights. And I LOVE heights, roller coasters, cliffs, tall buildings, you name it. What I hate is the ground below.

“Get off!” We untangled ourselves and rolled in the grass, laughing loud, holding our sides.

“Whoa, where’s the fire?” A familiar voice asks playfully. Melanie gasped in mid-giggle. I groaned inwardly. There went my mood. The three stooges and Frankie stood, staring at us, holding back laughter.

“Uh, sorry. We’ll hurry up and change.” Melanie mumbled, looking at her bare feet.

“Nah, that’s okay. I made us come early, so take your time.” Kevin said and smiled.

“Nice pajama bottoms.” Nick adds, still laughing a little. When my eyes wander to Joe, I freeze. He was the guy at the ice rink yesterday. Melanie, just stares with her mouth open.

“Sorry, for almost killing you guys.” Joe smiles sheepishly, blushing, and scratching his head. “I didn’t realize you were the girls we were going to hang out with.”

“That’s okay. You can hang out inside and we’ll be back shortly.” I forced a smile and pulled Melanie to her room.

“It’s the-“

“Yeah, yeah, yeah, just get your clothes and change.” I sighed.

“You did bring a dress, right?” For dinner.”

“Yeah, but I don’t see why I need one.” I pulled out my green baby doll dress and stuffed it in my backpack. Rethinking, I pulled it back out and rolled it neatly. Someone knocked at the door when I had pulled my favorite black shirt over some light denim Bermudas.

“Yeah!” I yelled at the door.

“Are you ready?” Melanie called out.

“...No.”

“Come on! Let’s GO!” When we walked into the living room the Jonas brothers were sitting on the white coach talking animatedly to Melanie’s mom.

“Yes it has been a long time. Probably eleven or twelve years. It’s too bad that- oh, girls, you’re ready. You kids have fun.” She winks at the Jonas brothers and escapes into the kitchen before Melanie can ask.

“Wow, could it be anymore inconspicuous?” I ask, staring at the black on black Commander Jeep. The personalized license plate read BALLIN. Jonas fans everywhere were going to murder us. I don’t want to die.

“So, where do you guys want to go?” Joe asks, gazing at Melanie.

“Whatever you guys want. I’ve lived here forever, so I know the funnest places to go.” Melanie said calmly, though she was probably exploding inside.

“What is there to do?” Nick asks, looking back from shotgun.

“You’re right. What IS there to do?” I asked sarcastically. God, me and my big mouth. They all laughed.

“Umm... World’s of Fun,... Dave and Buster’s... the movies... shopping... bowling.” Melanie started listing random things to do.

“Let’s do all of that.” Joe grinned.

“IN that order.” Frankie agreed, squished in beside me.

“We should probably leave now for World’s of Fun before it gets crowded.” Melanie suggested.

“Great, less people to slip a knife between my ribs.” I muttered and blushed when everyone laughed. I hadn’t realized I had spoken so loud.

“How long’s the drive?” Kevin asks and turns his key in the ignition.

“Uhh... 45 minutes on the shortest route.” Melanie guessed. I settled in the seat next to the left window and clicked my seat belt, safety first, bracing for a long, uncomfortable on my part, ride. I felt a tap on my shoulder and turned around.

“What’s World’s of Fun like?” Frankie asked curiously.

“It’s sort of awesome. I wish they would bring in more roller coasters, but it’s pretty much like any other theme park. Well... without a theme. At least, they finally added a new roller coaster, the Prowler.”

“Cool, I love roller coasters.” I twisted in my seat, pulling my legs in Indian style to talk comfortably with the youngest Jonas. I glanced over at Melanie who was in a similar position, blissfully talking with her crush and idol. I stuck my finger in my mouth and made a gagging noise. Frankie smiled and chuckled softly. The lovely couple looked at us strangely and we shared a conspiratorial smile.

“What are you guys doing back there?” Kevin asked, looking in the rear view mirror.
“Just enjoying the scenery.” Frankie said innocently.
“Yeah right!” Nick laughed.

Kevin’s POV

Picking up our guests turned out to be better than I expected. They’re different from the girls fighting, lying, and just trying too hard to impress us. It was... refreshing to see them sprawled in their pajamas in a big laughing heap, not caring who saw them or what they looked like. The girls were just having so much fun.

“Take a left up here.” Melanie said, breaking my train of thought. In the rear view mirror Denna sat rigid, a strange look on her face until Frankie leaned over and whispered something in her ear. The two of them burst out laughing.

“What’s so funny?” Nick laughed.

“Nothing!” Denna and Frankie chorused together and laughed again. Melanie and Joe were too deep in quit conversation, twisted awkwardly to face each other, to notice the antics of my youngest brother and Denna.

“Where should I park?” I asked, craning to look around several buses.

“Oh, go right here and I suggest you park closest to the park. Not many people come this early, so hopefully you won’t be recognized.

“We brought disguises.” Nick joked, pulling the white collar of his shirt, under a brown sleeveless sweater, up around his ears.

“You’re hopeless.” Denna rolled her eyes and opened her door, jumping out. “We’re doomed! Come on, love birds, we’re here!” Melanie stuck out her tongue and jumped out, Joe following close behind.

“We can’t let you guys pay. You’re our guests.” Joe said, standing between Melanie and the ticket booth. Denna ran and bumped into him with her arms crossed, yelling “Pick!” Melanie dodged around and grabbed the booth counter.

“We got season passes.” Melanie said, sticking her tongue out.

“Technically you’re our guests. This IS our state.” Denna smirked.
♠ ♠ ♠
UMMM.... yeah... Chelsea, is probably going to take over this story... since I hate it and have no motivation- long story not for your ears. Comment if you like the change in author or whatever. Bye.