‹ Prequel: A Maybe Relationship
Sequel: A Mistaken Identity

A Messed-Up Heart

The only thing that could keep her away.

Later on in the evening, I found that I had a lot of trouble getting Allison alone in order to speak with her about the events that transpired. Unfortunately for me, Kallison had spent most of the day in the city. That was definitely a bad thing, particularly when considering that today happened to be Valentine’s Day. Under normal circumstances, I probably would have been pleased to hear that today was Valentine’s Day, but today was definitely not one of those days. Allison had what I wanted. To my utter disgust, Allison had the only guy that I ever wanted to be with, the only guy that I ever truly cared about and loved.

Even worse than that, I hadn’t seen or spoken to Kevin since January 8th when he asked me to leave California for the duration of the Kallison relationship. Because of that, I hadn’t been out to California since December 15th when I left in order to get away from the incessant complaining I had to deal with around Allison. I had either been in New York or Pennsylvania for the past two months. Plus, it seemed as if Nick was the only one that I had regular communication with. The last time I had spoken with Joe was on January 26th. In fact, it was the only time in which I had talked to him, a time I spent yelling at him for breaking the promise he made to me when I left for Pennsylvania on January 8th.

Based on this and everything that had been going on while I was away from California, I had a bad feeling about what was going to happen next. Knowing Allison and how much she hated having me and my younger sister around, Allison was now probably attempting to find a way that would keep me and Betsy away from the Jonas family for the rest of our lives, despite us being friends with them. I, of course, refused to let something like that happen, not when I knew what the result was. There was absolutely no way in hell that I was ever willing to let something like that occur, not when it was what I wanted for myself. Of course, despite what I wanted for my own life, I knew that I had lost any chances of that happening for me. The September break-up that I had with Kevin had ultimately allowed the honor that I wished to have to be bestowed upon Allison Lenore Wunderlund, my nemesis, my worst enemy. And, that upset me too much for words.

As the SNL cast, Alec Baldwin, and the Jonas boys ran through the dress rehearsal, Allison, Zora, Betsy, and I sat in the audience watching. Betsy and I sat as far away as we possibly could from Allison and Zora. If we didn’t, it was only a matter of time until the current Jonas girlfriends began pestering us about the fact that Betsy and I were still in the Jonas family’s life, despite the fact that us being their exes. To Allison and Zora, it was confusing as to why Betsy and I would still be around. Evidently, they didn’t understand the fact that Betsy was out in California in order to pursue her dreams of fame. My relationship with Kevin had, unfortunately, overshadowed our true motives for coming out west to California. Since neither Allison nor Zora chose to accept our true motives for coming out to California, I knew perfectly well that I was going to have to keep my younger sister away from the girls that hated us with such passion, in any way that I could.

Betsy looked over at me as the dress rehearsal was nearing its conclusion. She seemed concerned by what was going on with me. “Duh, do you intend on talking to Allison?” she asked.

“I need to,” I said.

“Then, immediately after the dress rehearsal ends, I think that you need to go speak with Allison regarding what she’s been doing,” Betsy explained to me. “If you don’t, I’m pretty sure of the fact that it could be too late for you to do anything about what she has planned. Allison knows that you’re still in love with Kevin and, if you wait to go speak with her, it could be too late. By then, Allison could have put whatever plan she has into action, to make sure you can’t fix what she’s trying to do to make your life miserable.”

“Like Kevin proposing to Allison?” I asked.

Betsy nodded. “Yeah, like that.”

I knew that such a thing was a possibility, that a Kallison wedding was the only possible way for Allison to keep me away from Kevin. The feelings I had for the eldest Jonas were never going to fade away. Everyone knew that, but Allison especially did. To no extent was Allison ever willing to let Kevin still have feelings for me. Ultimately, that meant that a Kallison wedding was the only thing that could keep me and Kevin away from each other. To know that Allison was trying to get rid of me by marrying Kevin…well, to be perfectly honest, it scared me. There was no way that I wished to lose Kevin. I sighed heavily. “There is no way that I am willing to lose Kevin,” I said quietly. “Betsy, when you get back to California, please keep an eye on Kevin, particularly if there is a marriage in his future. I know for a fact that Allison is not going to invite me to whatever wedding might be held. You could have a chance. It’s unlikely, but you could go.”

“Like she’d ever let me!” Betsy laughed.

“Well, if,” I clarified.

Once the dress rehearsal ended, I noticed that Allison had slipped out of sight for the moment. So had Kevin, for that matter. Knowing the possibility of what could happen, I ran after them to see what was going on. I spotted them just backstage, in an empty room. But, what was worse was the fact that Kevin was on one knee in front of Allison. Just as Betsy and I had discussed the possibility of during the latter part of the dress rehearsal, Kevin was proposing to Allison. Kallison, to my absolute disgust, was now an engaged couple. I was absolutely heartbroken by that news, that there was absolutely no possible way for me to ever get Kevin back. I still loved him, but with him engaged, there really seemed to be no way for me to ever get my ex-boyfriend back in my life.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment and subscribe.