‹ Prequel: A Maybe Relationship
Sequel: A Mistaken Identity

A Messed-Up Heart

How to stop a wedding

So as keep myself from consuming myself with worry about how Betsy, Demi, and the boys were doing, I spent all of my time editing my novel, getting it ready for publishing. It was either that or meeting with Ms. Hunter. I did everything in my power to prevent myself from worrying about the happenings of California, even going so far as to requesting that Demi and Betsy not contacting me unless there was something important going on, something that I would desperately need to know while I was in New York working on my book.

This plan of mine was actually working rather well. I hadn’t heard anything from Betsy or Demi in about two weeks, and that was a good thing. It ultimately meant that my younger sister and Demi were busy working on our plan and weren’t getting bogged down by any attempts that Allison and Zora were trying to make in an attempt to keep Demi from getting in the house to speak with Nick. Hearing about this pleased me as it meant that I wouldn’t have to swoop in to help them in our quest to get rid of Allison and Zora.

On March 10th, I found myself jut sitting around at a coffee shop when my phone rang. My laptop was off at the moment, so I was absolutely sure of the fact that it was Betsy. Under normal circumstances, I would probably have my laptop on, allowing an Instant Message to be sent in case Betsy needed to contact me. That couldn’t happen. My laptop wasn’t on, meaning that Paul was the only option. “Hello?” I asked, answering my phone.

“Hey, Duh,” Betsy said brightly.

It was actually pretty predictable that my younger sister would be the one on the other side of this call. That was why there was no need for me to look at the Caller ID to see who it was. What I was trying to figure out was why my younger sister would call me when I had specifically asked her not to. I didn’t wish to be worried about anything that was going on in California. Why didn’t she listen? “Betsy, what did I tell you? I didn’t want you to contact me about anything that’s going on in California. So, what in the world is so important that you had to disobey a direct order in order to contact me?” I asked my sister.

“Pull up the webcam and you’ll see,” Betsy said.

Despite the fact that I was not in the mood for any of this, I got everything set up for a video conference between me and my younger sister. As I was doing so, I wondered what was so important that Betsy had to contact me. I wanted to focus on my book, on giving my sister the chance to pursue her dreams the way that I was with mine. Betsy knew that. She understood that. So, what was going on? Once my laptop was set up, I pulled the webcam up. Betsy appeared onscreen, but she was not alone. She was with a black haired, light blue eyed girl. And, as I noticed, my younger sister now had hot pink streaks in her hair. “Okay, Betsy, I’m here. Now, could you please tell me what’s going on, and why you now happen to have three hot pink streaks running through your hair?” I asked.

“I put them in over the weekend,” Betsy explained.

“Hot pink?” I asked.

She nodded. “Yeah. Now, Amanda, this is Nick’s new girlfriend, Karleigh Fox, the girl whose uncle treated you earlier on in the year when you went into the coma. She got here about an hour ago, claiming that she could help us get rid of Allison and Zora. She’s spoken with Nick and Demi already and thinks she can help us out with our problem.”

“Can she?” I asked. “I mean, can Karleigh actually help us where Nick can’t. After all, Allison and Zora are doing everything they can in order to keep each of us away from the Jonas family. For all we know, Karleigh’s appearance here could have been planned by them to lull us into a false sense of security, so that they can swoop in and destroy us. No offense to you, Karleigh, but I just don’t know if we can trust you to help us.”

Karleigh shrugged. “I understand your concern, Amanda, but I can promise you that I have nothing to do with what Allison and Zora are doing. Nick told me what was going on, and I agree with you. Allison and Zora are doing something that they never should have done; they’re separating Kevin and Joe from their friends. Of course, what the girls don’t seem to realize is the fact that the boys need both friends and family in order to get through their life. They’re too jealous of you two to even care. That’s why I’m here. I’m here to help the two of you get back in the Jonas family’s life like you want.”

“Thanks, Karleigh,” I said. “We appreciate that. Now, what’s going on? What’s this call about? You know not to call me unless it’s something I need to know. So, what do I need to know?”

Betsy sighed. “You are so impatient. Okay, Amanda, I’ll tell you. Now, as I’m sure you know, tomorrow is when the World Tour dates are announced. You won’t have to wait. Karleigh has them right here. And, based on the dates I’m seeing, I think that Kevin’s wedding to Allison is going to be held in early September, just before the boys and Demi held to Canada to film Camp Rock 2. There’s a break for September and early October, with the last tour date in August being in Canada. I can only assume then that the movie is to get filmed then since Canada was where they filmed the first movie. I can’t really be sure, but that’s my best guess. Early September is our deadline. Otherwise, you could lose Kevin forever just as I am starting to lose Joe to Zora,” my younger sister explained.

When I heard about that, I knew that my younger sister was absolutely right about what she was saying. I knew that getting rid of Allison and Zora before the North American leg of the Jonas Brothers World Tour end was of the utmost importance. Over the next few months, Allison was probably going to be getting ready for her wedding, making sure that her wedding to Kevin was perfect. There was absolutely no way in hell that I wanted to see that happen though; I could bear to lose Kevin. I loved Kevin far too much and I knew that Kevin still cared for me too. He told me himself, before the hypnosis caused him to forget about me. I sighed and nodded. “Is there any way for us to stop the wedding?”

“There might,” Karleigh said.

“What?” I asked.

“Allison, she asked me and Zora to be her bridesmaids,” Karleigh explained. “There might be a way for me to delay all of this. I can’t promise anything, but it might work. Any Kallison wedding is something that only Allison and Zora want to see occur. No one else does.”

“Thanks,” I said.

“Yeah. We appreciate it,” Betsy said.

“No problem,” Karleigh replied.

I was getting ready to get off, but there was one thing that bugged me, one thing that I still needed to know. “Betsy, are the boys going to be coming to Philadelphia?” I asked.

Betsy nodded. “July 24th. Wachovia Center at eight.”

“Alright. Thanks,” I said.

“You’re welcome. Bye, Amanda,” my sister said.

“Bye.” With that, I turned my laptop off and went back to what I was doing before my sister contacted me. There was no way that I could bring myself to focus though. All that was on my mind was the events of the next six months, six months in which I had to stop the Kallison wedding and get Kevin back. I would then do the same for Betsy and Joe, get them back together. Kevanda and Jetsy were the preferred relationships, not Kallison and Jora. No one seemed to like Kallison and Jora; they weren’t the right fit for the boys. That meant that Betsy and I only had six months to stop the marriage that could never be, the marriage that could never happen, no matter what Zora and Allison thought.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment and subscribe.