‹ Prequel: A Maybe Relationship
Sequel: A Mistaken Identity

A Messed-Up Heart

Fear of Losing Him

Over the course of the next month, Nick and Karleigh were often called away so as to get ready for Kallison’s wedding. Seeing that, I knew that there was something going on, something that Allison and Zora did not wish for me or Betsy to become aware of. Plus, with our only sources of intelligence off getting ready for the wedding that Betsy and I were not allowed to attend, there was really no way for us to know what was going on. The fact was that we were utterly clueless, which was exactly how Allison and Zora wanted us to be.

As July faded away and the concerts in August progressed, I knew perfectly well that my chances of getting Kevin back were slim to none. Things were getting harder for me and I longed for the days where I was dating Kevin. It tortured me to know that I was about to lose him. Betsy had to deal with the same thing to a certain extent, but it wasn’t to the level that I had to deal with all of this. Kallison was getting married. Jora was not yet doing that, but it was only a matter of time until such a thing did happen. I was not about to let that happen; I was not about to let Joe marry Zora. That was part of the reason that Betsy had to go with Garbo to stop the wedding: it was not only to stop the Kallison wedding, but to try and push Joe and Betsy back together. I needed to get Jetsy back.

Amid Nick and Karleigh always spending their free time with his older brothers or Allison and Zora getting ready for the wedding, Betsy and I had found that we were only able to work with Garbo so as to determine what the best way would be to get Betsy into the wedding. There had to be a way to get Betsy into the wedding without Allison or Zora becoming aware of what we were doing to get her into the wedding. The fact was that it seemed quite impossible, though I was sure that there was something we could do, something that would ensure that Betsy could get into the wedding where I could obviously do no such thing. Impossibility seemed to be a factor in all of this, something I hoped to avoid.

On August 26th, I was sitting in my hotel room doing absolutely nothing when Betsy burst into the room. “Duh, I know that you really don’t want to hear it, but it’s absolutely necessary right now. It’s best if you find out about this from me anyway,” she said.

“What is it?” I asked.

Betsy sighed and told me what was going on. “Look, Amanda, I just got a text from Garbo, who just alerted me as to the fact that they’re holding the rehearsal dinner now.”

As soon as this news hit me, I knew that we were definitely in trouble. I now understood what Allison was doing and why she was working so intently on getting her wedding ready. She was getting ready for a wedding that was obviously getting moved up to tomorrow. “So, the wedding is tomorrow then. The rehearsal dinner is only ever held the night before the wedding. And, with me getting interviewed tomorrow about my book, there’s no way for me to go to the wedding and put a stop to it. So, the next time that I see Kevin, he’ll be a married man. I’ll have lost him forever.” I broke down to tears knowing that I was going to lose Kevin. I can’t lose him. Losing Kevin means that I’ll be losing a part of myself. And, with my book having been dedicated to him, it was going to be hard seeing Kevin married to Allison. Losing Kevin tomorrow was going to be torture for me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment and subscribe.