‹ Prequel: A Maybe Relationship
Sequel: A Mistaken Identity

A Messed-Up Heart

Last Interview

I sat around in the Cleveland studio, getting ready for my latest interview on my book tour. Of course, I knew that this was to be the last interview that was going to occur on the same day and in the same city that the boys had a concert. After today, I was to spend the next three weeks traveling around the United States so as to further promote my book. I would be away from my sister, away from the boys. It was going to be hard, but I was just going to have to deal with all of this, particularly the fact that Kevin was going to be married.

Just before the interview began, I very discreetly wiped my tears away. I didn’t want anyone outside of the tour to know that I was upset about losing Kevin. No one could ever know the truth. Betsy, Nick, Karleigh, and Garbo were the only ones that could ever know what was going on. The interview began and seemed to be quite reminiscent of the interview I had when we were in Philadelphia. The only difference between the two interviews was that this one mentioned how I met the boys on this day last year.

“According to our sources, you were, at this time last year, attending a Jonas Brothers concert along with your younger sister, Betsy. Did you ever expect that you and your younger sister would become famous precisely one year after first meeting the boys?” they asked.

“No. Definitely not. But, to be perfectly honest, I’d rather not talk about all of this. I think that it would be best for you to move on to a new topic,” I told them with a sigh.

“Why?”

“Well, if you hadn’t noticed, my book isn’t only dedicated to my younger sister, but to Kevin Jonas as well. And the worst part about all of this is the fact that I never got the chance to properly thank Kevin for helping me to get my book published in the first place. I owe a lot to him, but there’s no way for me to go thank him, not when his fiancée and soon-to-be-wife hates me and wishes for me to have nothing to do with the eldest Jonas. So, I’d rather not talk about that. The focus of this interview is to be my book, not the boys. Talking about the Jonas Brothers during this interview would be stupid and I’d rather not do it.”

“Even with me?” a voice asked.

When I heard that voice, there was no doubt in my mind as to who it was. I looked up, knowing who it was, and saw Kevin Jonas standing in the aisle. He was dressed in a tux at the moment, obviously having come straight here from the wedding. Since I hadn’t seen or heard from in the past eight months, I ran off the studio stage and went to hug him. “It worked,” I said happily as Kevin returned the hug. “Betsy was actually able to pull through for me on this one.” To be perfectly honest, I wasn’t sure as to whether or not I could really trust Betsy to help me stop the wedding from occurring. Since Kevin was now here though, I had come to realize that Betsy had done as I asked and brought Kevin back to me like I wanted her to. The hypnosis was gone and Kevin was here, not at the church getting married to Allison. Our plan worked and Kevin was here with me.
♠ ♠ ♠
If you want to know how Kevin gets to be at the interview, read Ambiguous Hearts.

Comment and subscibe.