‹ Prequel: A Maybe Relationship
Sequel: A Mistaken Identity

A Messed-Up Heart

Back to Pennsylvania

When I arrived at the airport, I quickly hailed a cab and got ready to be taken over to my parents’ house. As I headed over there, I suspected that it was only a matter of time until my parents found out the real reason for me coming back out to Pennsylvania. Betsy figured it out, so it was quite possible that my parents would too. They could come to realize what the real reason was for me deciding to come back to Pennsylvania for a few months.

I sighed heavily and, after paying my cab fare, went inside. “Mom! Dad!” I called out after using my key to get inside. Immediately after doing so, I found that one of our two cats, Pepper came running over to me and rubbing against my leg. I bent down to pet her for awhile before getting up to look for my parents. There was no noise in the house, so I could only assume that my parents weren’t here or something. For how long, I didn’t know though. I went to check the garage to see if their car was there. It wasn’t. Knowing this, I began to search for anything that might tell me where my parents were at the moment.

Fortunately for me, it didn’t take me too long to figure out what was going on and where my parents were at the moment. I found a note sitting on the island for the cat-sitter, making me become aware of the fact that my parents were definitely out on a trip. That was the only time that a cat-sitter was called. I remember the last time that the cat-sitter was called while Betsy and I were here was when we went down to South Carolina to spend time with our grandparents, the same trip that allowed me and Betsy to meet the Jonas Brothers, I picked the note up and began reading it, even though I knew perfectly well that it wasn’t for me. I needed to know what was going on and where my parents were.

December 25, 2008

Glenn,

The cat food is sitting on the counter. Please water the plants and bring in the mail as well.

We’ll be out on our cruise in the Caribbean until Valentine’s Day, so if there’s any problem with anything just call my cell phone.

Thanks,

Lolly.


The Caribbean. My parents were going to be out on a cruise until Valentine’s Day. Well, I suppose that it would only make sense that Mom and Dad would go out on a trip; they thought that Betsy and I were still out in California. That was why there were out on a cruise enjoying themselves. We were supposed to be out in California, both of us. Unfortunately with everything that was going on between me and Allison, I had to come back out to Pennsylvania. Mom and Dad weren’t going to know anything about that. The cat-sitter might, but I was going to make sure that none of this was mentioned to my parents. They couldn’t know about what was really going on. Mom and Dad finding out about all of this was not a good thing; they could not know about what was really going on.

For awhile, I sat around petting Shadow until I realized that I couldn’t just sit around doing this all day. I soon decided that contacting my sister would be best. I felt like I needed to talk with her. We had become close and I didn’t want to lose the level of closeness that we had now because of the fact that Allison didn’t want me to be anywhere near the Jonas Brothers. So, after getting on the Internet and navigating to the correct page, I contacted my younger sister to see how see was doing without me being over there.

alias093001: Betsy, is everything okay out there? I spoke with Nick a little earlier about helping me deal with your situation and am curious if he started to put that plan into action.

CowQueen93: No, Nick never mentioned any of that to me. The boys are actually performing tonight. I’m sitting here with Frankie and his friends then. So, what’s up with you, Duh?

alias093001: Well, Mom and Dad decided that they were going to go out on a cruise in the Caribbean. They left around Christmas and won’t be back until Valentine’s Day. So, I’ll be here on my own.

CowQueen93: This might work out in our favor then, Amanda. Maybe with Mom and Dad out on their cruise in the Caribbean, we might be able to hide the fact that you were sent back to Pennsylvania because of Allison. They can’t know about the seizure you had.

alias093001: Well, duh!

CowQueen93: Yeah, and that fact that they’ll be gone until Valentine’s Day works out absolutely perfectly. We’ll have absolutely nothing to worry about because of them being away.

alias093001: How come?

CowQueen93: Amanda, don’t you see? This occurring is a good thing as it ultimately means that Mom and Dad might not find out about what’s been going on. They won’t find out about the seizure that forced you to go back there. So, my suggestion to you is to get sit back and relax because you won’t have to worry about them finding about this for awhile.

alias093001: You sure?

CowQueen93: Positive.

alias093001: But, what about after, when they come back?

CowQueen93: I think I’ve got a way to fix that.

alias093001: What?

CowQueen93: You’ll soon see. And, while I’m thinking of it, I’m going to send something over to you, something that I know you’re going to need. When you get that item, make sure to contact me immediately afterwards. I want to know when you received it.

alias093001: Betsy, what in the world are you planning? Don’t keep this from me like you did with the concert five months ago. Please don’t keep this from me, particularly while I’m separated from you and the boys. Kevin asked me to come back here to Pennsylvania and I did. But, I do not wish to be left out of everything because of what happened. Now, would you please tell me what’s going on and what you intend on sending to me?

CowQuuen93: I will. Just not yet.

alias093001: Fine.

CowQueen93: I’ve got to go then. Bye, Duh!

alias093001: Bye.


Once Betsy got off, I found myself randomly surfing the web for awhile. As I did, I wondered what possible thing that Betsy could be sending me. She was planning something to help me remain in contact with them. It seemed as if I was just going to have to wait and see about what my younger sister was planning to help me with the situation was in.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment and subscribe.