‹ Prequel: A Maybe Relationship
Sequel: A Mistaken Identity

A Messed-Up Heart

One Last Thing to Deal With

Leaving Betsy and the boys as they headed up to Canada for awhile was not really something that I enjoyed doing. I didn’t want to, not when I was just getting Kevin back into my life. But, since I had other interviews scheduled in order to promote my book—interviews that were scheduled prior to Kallison’s break-up—there was really no possible way for me to stay with them like I wanted to do. Right now, the interviews were the most important thing for me to be worrying about, not spending time with Betsy and the Jonas Brothers. Before I left though, I asked that Nick and Kevin promote my book at each of their other concerts. So far, the endorsements I had gotten from the boys, or at least Nick, had done wonders for my book. Any further endorsements from the boys while they were going out on the World Tour would only boost my novel’s popularity around the world and ultimately put it on the New York Times Bestseller List as I hoped it would. So, the boys and Betsy promoting my book at the concerts would be great. My dream of becoming a New York Times Bestseller would be achieved even soon than I expected.

As a result, I left and began to get ready to give the remaining interviews before flying up to Canada to rejoin my sister and the boys. I soon discovered as the days passed that it had gotten much easier for me to deal with the interviews, mostly because I knew that Kevin was okay and back on my side. The time that Betsy and the boys, and I were apart soon came to a close, causing me to find myself sitting on a plane out to Canada. For most of the flight, I was typing up a possible story idea on my laptop, but that didn’t last. A message from Kevin popped up on the screen, one that I knew I couldn’t ignore, not now.

GuitarMeetsMandolin: Hey, Mandolin, you ready?

alias093001: Give me a minute.

GuitarMeetsMandolin: Okay.


Upon momentarily speaking with Kevin, I pulled up the webcam and saw that Kevin, Betsy, and Demi were on the screen before me. I sighed. “Okay, so are Nick and Karleigh pulling Joe away from Zora so that we can do this?” I inquired, knowing that this plan was only going to work if Zora wasn’t around. If she was, I knew that there was absolutely no way in hell that we were ever going to be able to fix this. Betsy would never get Joe back if Zora was always there to foil our plans to get rid of her. That was why Nick and Karleigh had to pull Joe away from his hypnotically enchanting girlfriend, at least in Joe’s eyes. He was the only one to think that dating Zora was still a good idea, unaware of what Zora was really doing to him. Zora just had to be kept away from them right now.

Kevin looked rather confused by everything that had been going on. Since he had been hypnotized by Allison while all of this had been going on, it was quite understandable that Kevin would have no idea as to what was going on and how we planned on getting Joe back to his normal goofy self, back together with Betsy. “What’s going on here?” Kevin asked. “What is so important that Joe’s girlfriend must be kept away?”

“It’s very simple,” I explained. “If Zora knows what we’ve been doing, she’ll try to stop us like she did before. We tried this before and nearly succeeded with our efforts before Zora stormed in and crushed our chances at getting rid of her. You see, the hypnosis can only be removed if the person was hypnotized heard the voice of the person whom they were hypnotized to forget. We tried it with Joe and ultimately uncovered the secret of how to reverse the hypnosis. Joe was almost rid of Zora when she came in and reversed what we did. Ultimately, that was how Betsy and I were able to stop you from marrying Allison: you heard my voice. And now, we must do the same in order to help Joe.”

Betsy nodded in agreement. “Yeah, I need Joe back. He and I were so good together. I know that opposites are supposed to attract, but I think that, for today, it’s the opposite case: similarities attract. Look at Kevanda; sure you guys may have broken up for a year, but you eventually decided that there was a need for Kevanda to be resurrected. The same thing must happen with Jetsy,” she explained. “It just has to happen. I can’t continue to watch Zora try to pull Joe away from his music and from all of us.”

“I agree,” Demi said.

“You do?” everyone asked.

“Definitely,” she replied. “Think about it. So long as Joe is dating Zora, he might not be able to appear in Camp Rock 2. With Betsy though, I’m sure that she wouldn’t mind since we’re all friends. Betsy is definitely the better option here. I mean, it’s no Camp Rock without Joe. Shane Gray was in the first movie and he needs to be in the second one as well, no matter what Zora Amanda Crenshaw may seem to think. That, of course, is never going to happen, not when Zora is so jealous about her boyfriend spending time with other girls, particularly any of his co-stars. She’s jealous of any other girl spending time with him.”

Kevin nodded. “So, fixing the relationship that Joe and Her Majesty had has got to be our top priority then, right? Well, I guess that makes sense,” he said with a slight shrug.

“Yeah, but it’s going to be difficult,” Betsy said.

“Why?” he asked.

I was the one to answer this particular question, mainly because I suspected that Betsy did not want to deal with that at the moment. “Because of the way that relationship ended. With us, there was a mutual decision to break up because we were too similar to date at the time. Of course, with Jetsy, Joe was the one to end the relationship he had with my younger sister, all because of a list that Selena and I warned her would get her into trouble. So, because of the way that they broke up, Joe might not be willing to take Betsy back. That’s where the revised hot guy list comes into play. If Joe sees that he’s the only one on the revised edition of the hot guy list, there a chance of him taking Betsy back,” I explained.

“A small chance,” Demi said.

“A small chance of what?” Joe asked.

I soon noticed that Nick Joe, and Karleigh had finally come strolling into the room. Seeing Joe come into a room without Zora latched onto his arm was a welcome sight. As a result, there was definitely a shot of us getting Jetsy back together so that Kevanda could also get back together. Then, Betsy and I would never again have to worry about Allison and Zora ever again. “A small chance of you doing what Zora would never allow,” I said.

“Which is what?” he asked.

Betsy stepped up. “It has to do with me.”

“Hey, Lizard,” Joe sneered.

Kevin and Nick groaned. “Joe!”

“What?” he asked.

“Joe, you can’t keep treating Beth like this,” Nick explained to his older brother. “She’s a friend of ours as well as a co-star of ours in JONAS. Sure, you may not have had to share any scenes with her as of late, but you will have to do so eventually. The two of you have great chemistry—both on and off-screen—meaning that you and Beth will need to share some scenes together. It’s inevitable for you and Beth to get back together, both sharing screen time and having a relationship. The latter is for one reason: Beth, despite the fact that you might not want to hear this, is still in love with you, even with everything that has happened between the two of you over the past year. She still loves you, Joe.”

“You’re not helping Nick,” Joe said.

“Why not?” Nick asked.

“Because of Lizard’s hot guy list. It was too pages of pure annoyance I’m sorry, but there’s no way that she and I can ever date while that list exists. Lizard knows that,” Joe said.

At that moment, Betsy sauntered forward and thrust the remnants of her hot guy list in front of him. “Oh, you mean this?” she asked. “The list that now has only one guy on it. Joe, you know perfectly well that you’re the one on here. And, think about this, Joe: out of everyone who was or could have been on that list, you were the one I date, you’re the one I’m still in love with.”

Joe scowled. “What about if we started dating again?”

Betsy groaned and glanced at the webcam. “Joe! The list is gone. Plus, if it helps, any flirting that I used to do with guys is over with. For the people who knew me so well like Amanda, that’s shocking, namely because I am such a flirt. That’s over with now. You’re the only one that I ever want to date now,” he explained. “Joe, you need to know that.”

“How?” he asked.

“Unless, you decide to give me the benefit of the doubt, there’s really no way in hell that you will ever know what’s going to happen,” Betsy explained, knowingly. “That fact is that, in order for you to determine that and find out what’s going to happen, you’ll just have to give me a chance. All I ask for is just one chance, Joe; for me to prove to you that the hot guy list is never again going to resurface. So long as I love you, it will never appear again.”

Just before Joe was going to answer and let me know if my plan was going to work, Kevin and Nick stepped in front of the webcam. “We’re going to leave in a minute in order to come get you. The webcam would be turned off then, meaning that there will be no way for you to know if our plan worked. Mandolin, who would you prefer to come get you?” Kevin asked.

I thought about it carefully for a moment before coming up with a way for me to figure out the result of our plan. “If Jetsy should come back into existence, the Kevin should be the one to meet me at the airport. If not, send Nick. That way, I’ll know what’s been going on, even if I can’t see it play out over the webcam,” I explained to Kevin and Nick.

“See you then,” they said.

The webcam soon went blank and I shut my laptop down, wondering the entire time if Jetsy was going to get back together. I needed to know what was going to happen with all of this. So that he and I could get back together, it needed to be Kevin who came to the airport. And, if it was, I knew that Allison and Zora would finally be out of my life forever. There, of course, was really no way for me to know whether that was going to happen though.

When the plane landed, I stepped out onto Canadian soil, still wondering if it was going to be Nick or Kevin who came to meet me. I sighed and made my way through the airport until spotting a guy with sunglasses and tufts of curly brown hair sticking out from under his hat. After walking over to the Jonas Brother I was meeting, I smirked. “So, which brother am I looking at?” I asked. “Nick or Kevin?’ I hoped that it was Kevin though, mainly because what I told him: the only way that Kevanda could ever be together was if Jetsy got back together as well. That event had to happen before that occurred.

After a few moments, the sunglasses were removed. I smiled at what I saw and hugged him. “What happened after the webcam was turned off?” I asked. “How did everything play out?”

“Joe gave Queeny a chance, but then we hit a little bit of a snag: Zora came in and flipped out when she found out that Queen and Joe were in the same room. Nick, Karleigh, and your sister then attempted to convince of the hypnosis and what it was doing to him. Of course, it was not until I stepped in and helped my brother realize what was really going on that Jora’s relationship was terminated. After that, Zora swore revenge on your younger sister for what she did and stormed out of the room,” Kevin explained.

“Revenge?” I asked.

He nodded. “But, I don’t think that we need to worry about them seeking revenge on you two. Allison and Zora will no longer be allowed to come anywhere near us, not after what they were trying to do. They were trying to destroy the friendship that you and Her Majesty had with us. Your friendships with us threatened them and they wanted you guys to be out of our lives forever,” Kevin said as the left the airport and got into the car to go.

“Yeah,” I said. “Now that Kevanda and Jetsy are both back together, Allison and Zora are going to do everything they can in order to get even with us. They don’t like us and they never will.” I sighed and, as we headed over to the hotel, I knew that Kevanda and Jetsy needed to stay together no matter what happened. Betsy and I were going to do everything we could in order to preserve the renewed relationships that we had with Joe and Kevin. No one could prevent Kevanda and Jetsy from continuing our relationship. Not Allison. Not Zora. And, most certainly not our parents. It just wasn’t going to happen.
♠ ♠ ♠
Last chapter

Comment and start subscribing to the sequel: A Mistaken Identity