‹ Prequel: A Maybe Relationship
Sequel: A Mistaken Identity

A Messed-Up Heart

Betsy's Amanda Problem

It was somewhat easy for me to keep myself from worrying about my younger sister had planned, the secret she was trying to keep me from uncovering. Usually such a thing entailed me sitting around watching TV or writing, but there were occasions where I would sit on my computer text messaging Betsy or one of the boys. Nick was usually the one I’d be speaking with as Joe and Kevin were often out. Selena, Demi, and David also helped me deal with all of that to a lesser extent, but I found that I had more reliance in the help I got from Betsy and Nick. Betsy was my younger sister and Nick was the one who really understood what Betsy and I were each going through. He was helping us deal with the fact that the boys we were each still in love with happened to be dating different girls.

There were very few people who even knew where I was at the moment. The Jonas family, Betsy, Selena, Demi, David, and Sterling were the only ones to know what was going on as they were the only ones I wanted to know what was going on. If Allison or Zora ever found out where I was or what was going on, I was quite sure of the fact that they would come after me or Betsy. Since there was absolutely no way in hell though of the fact that I was about to let something like that happen, Allison or Zora were to be left out of the loop as to where I was. They could never know about what was really going on here.

About a week after having first flown back to Pennsylvania, I found myself sitting in front of my laptop for awhile before hearing a knock at the door. When I opened the door, I found that there was a delivery guy standing there with a clipboard. “Package for Amanda Weimar?”

“That’s me,” I said, glancing down at the package the delivery guy was holding. I wondered if this package that I never ordered had anything to do with the conversation I had with Betsy last week. Such a thing was a possibility, but I couldn’t be sure that. I’d have to wait and see.

“Sign here please,” he said.

I took the clipboard from the delivery guy and signed it. Upon doing so and sending the delivery guy away, I took the package inside and set it down on the island in order to open it. Pulling out the contents of the package, I found two things in here: a note from my younger sister and a webcam. I laughed. Well, it was no wonder that Betsy decided that she wasn’t going to tell me what was going on; she obviously wanted to surprise me. I quickly set the webcam up on my laptop and then took a look at the note Betsy sent me.

Amanda,

I spoke with Nick just after you left, and we decided that the best thing for us to do in order for you to remain in contact with everyone out here was to send you a webcam.

Let me know when the package comes.

Betsy


Turning the webcam on, I got ready to contact my younger sister. And, when Betsy’s image appeared on the screen, I smirked. “And, why exactly didn’t you tell me that you intended on sending me a webcam?” I asked, shifting my weight from my butt to my knees.

She shrugged. “I wanted it to be a surprise for you,” Betsy said. “Soon after you left, Kevin mentioned to no one in particular that that you were going to somewhat upset over the fact that you would be kind of upset in not being able to see me. Nick suggested the webcam as a way for us to remain in contact with you and we ordered one. Just so you know though, it’s mostly going to me or Nick using it; Kevin and Joe might not be around as often as we’d like since they’re dating Allison and Zora. You know, I really do hate each of them, particularly Zora. Their existence in ours and the Jonas’s lives is absolute terror for us.”

“Why do you hate Zora?” I asked.

“Oh, well, I guess it all goes back to a conversation that Joe, Nick, and I while you were seizing two weeks ago. I learned that night while Kevin was taking you to the hospital that you, Allison, and Zora all have a connection that I will never have. Well, actually, it’s more so you and Zora, but Allison hold a certain connection to you that I will never have,” Betsy explained as she noticeably began shifting uncomfortably in her seat. I could tell that my younger sister was upset with whatever it was that she was trying to tell me.

“And the connection?” I asked.

“Amanda,” Betsy replied.

“Huh?” I asked.

My younger sister sighed heavily. “Duh, based on all the past relationships that the Jonas boys have had, I found that they seem to have an affinity for dating girls named Amanda. Joe is especially like this, having dated both Mandy and Zora,” Betsy said. “It bothered me so much to know this as I was sure that I had lost Joe as a result of him dating Zora.”

“Is Zora’s middle name Amanda?” I asked.

Betsy nodded. “Zora Amanda Crenshaw.”

I stared at my younger sister in shock. Zora Amanda Crenshaw. That was definitely not good for Betsy. She was apparently the only one of the four of us that had no connection to the name Amanda. She was nothing more than the younger sister of an Amanda. “Wow, Betsy. I guess that puts you in a very precarious situation. It’s a crushing blow to you since you’re not the one with Amanda as a name. Probably not the best time for me to bring this up, but I bet you feel bad about making fun of my name when it seems that the boys might have a penchant for dating girls named Amanda,” I said.

“If I never made fun of your name though, we never would have met the boys,” Betsy reminded me. “None of this ever would have happened, if I hadn’t done that back in August.”

“I guess. Now what about Allison?” I asked.

“ALW. Her initials are the same as yours. Amanda Lynne Weimar and Allison Lenore Wunderlund,” Betsy said. “I only found out two weeks ago and I never got the chance to tell you.”

“Please tell me you’re joking.”

“I wish I was,” Betsy said. “As much as we’re both still in love with our respective Jonas exes, any relationship we had as friends with the boys would be hindered by the fact that Allison and Zora are dating them. I mean, Nick is the only Jonas that neither of us ever dated; he’s the only Jonas Brother that we can really rely on to help us through all of this. Him, Frankie, Denise, and Paul are the only ones that we can really rely on.”

I nodded. “At least within the Jonas family. We also have Selena, Demi, David, Sterling, and the entire back-up band to fall back on for support. You must remember that we can always rely on them to help us get over the fact that Kallison and Jora are the existing relationships at the moment. We may not be able to get the boys back and will have to deal with this plight for as long as the Jonas family is a part of our lives. And that could be forever.”

“Yeah, but would any of them actually be able to help us with our current situation?” Betsy asked. “You must remember that we don’t exactly have any way of knowing what’s going to happen. Only Allison can do that. She, of course, would never tell us what’s going on; she hates us way too much to ever tell us what’s going to happen to us.”

“Look, Betsy,” I said, “we are going to figure something out to help our situation. I don’t know what we’re going to do, but I know for a fact that WE ARE GOING to fix this.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment and subscribe.