‹ Prequel: A Maybe Relationship
Sequel: A Mistaken Identity

A Messed-Up Heart

Selena's problem

During the next few days, I sat around, consumed with thought. I was trying to figure out why all of this would be occurring. Why were Allison and Zora trying to do all of this to us? Betsy and I were friends with the boys. Was our appearance in their lives really that threatening to the existing Kallison and Jora relationships? Sure we were each still in love with our respectively Jonas exes, but we knew that the boys might not take each of us back.

I sighed heavily and, when I heard a knock coming from the door, went to open it. Betsy and Selena were there. Well, this makes perfect sense, I thought. Selena is Nick’s girlfriend. I guess that Nick really pulled through for me. I’ll have to thank him for that. I sighed heavily, turning to the girls. “Selena, thanks for doing this. Thanks for bringing Betsy out here. I know that you each having filming to do, but we haven’t seen some of these people since last Easter. Seeing them this weekend is of the utmost, before our cousin leaves.”

Selena nodded. “No problem.”

“Well, when you speak with Nick, could you please thank him for me,” I said. “Nick is the only Jonas that has helped up since Thanksgiving when Joe caused all of this. While Kevin and Joe ignored us, Nick always tried to help us. You, Demi, David, and Sterling have also helped us to a point, but Nick has helped us way more. He has lived in the same house as our exes and known them longer, meaning that Nick is sure to have plenty of advice for us on how to get over the fact that we’re still in love with each of the boys.”

“Yeah, Nick has always been good for that,” Selena said. “He’s always been a good friend. Lately though, he seems to be distancing himself from me. I don’t know. Since the New Year began has this been going on. That’s why I agreed to Nick’s request to bring Betsy out here. With both of you being Jonas exes as well as good friends with Nick, I was hoping that you guys might be able to help me figure out what’s been going on. You two have been spending more time with him than me, so you might know about this.”

After hearing about it, I had to think for a moment. Despite the fact that I had been out in Pennsylvania for awhile, I had spent my time either speaking with Nick or Betsy. I tried to remember if Nick had ever mentioned any of this to me. There was one instance where Nick talked about the time he spent with one of his fans: Karleigh Fox. Could Nick’s encounter with this particular fan have caused a ripple effect in Selena’s life, threatening the relationship that she had with Nick? It was possible, but I couldn’t be sure of it.

“Karleigh,” Betsy said.

“Who?” Selena asked.

“Karleigh Fox,” Betsy repeated. “She’s a fan of the boys, particularly of Nick. That must be the reason that Nick hasn’t been spending as much time with you these past few weeks.”

Selena’s eyebrows raised. “And, how exactly did Nick happen to meet this particular fan? The boys meet fans everyday, yet are unfazed by their meeting. None of them had a major impact on the boys’ lives, aside from the two of you. What could have possibly made this fan so different from all of the others he’s met prior to this?” Selena asked.

Since I actually knew this, I was the one to answer. “Nick told me that he felt like he had a connection to this particular fan,” I said, remembering the conversations I had with Nick over the past few weeks. “Something about her is causing Nick to spend more time with her than you.”

“And do either of happen to know how Nick and Karleigh might have met?” Selena asked us again. “I’m merely curious to know what’s been going on with Nick lately.”

Betsy nodded. She knew. “It was in New York, just before Nick and Joe got out to the hospital. Apparently, she flew out to New York from LA to watch the boys perform, as well as to see her uncle. As it turned out, her uncle was the doctor treating Amanda. Nick and Karleigh soon bonded over that and become good friends,” Betsy explained.

“Oh,” Selena said.

Upon going over this for awhile, Selena, Betsy, and I began talking about over more light-hearted events, events that we could all relate to. Selena’s situation with Nick was put aside for the moment. Of course, despite the fact that we weren’t talking about it anymore, I couldn’t help but wonder what was going to happen with that. Would their relationship last, or was Nelena doomed to failure the way that Jetsy and Kevanda were? There was really no way for me to know about what was going to happen. I couldn’t know what was going to happen. I knew of only one person who would know about everything that was going on, but there was absolutely no way in hell that Allison Lenore Wunderlund was ever going tell me what I wanted to know. Allison would never do anything that might help me, even if it was also going to help Selena. So, Betsy and I would just have to help Selena in any way that we could to keep Nelena going. Selena was a good friend and I don’t think that either of us wished to see such an amazing couple not work out.
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter is of the utmost importance. It plays a role later on, as well as in the sequel.

Comment and subscribe.