‹ Prequel: A Maybe Relationship
Sequel: A Mistaken Identity

A Messed-Up Heart

Karleigh's influence

Though I had wanted to speak with Nick about what was going on and why he wished to get me and Betsy out to New York to watch them perform on SNL, I never got the chance to do so. Whenever I tried, Nick was always out. So, I gave up on trying to get in contact with him. I was sitting on my laptop just randomly surfing the web when a message popped up on my screen.

NickJ92: Manda, pull up the webcam window.

Despite the fact that I was unsure as to what was going on, I pulled up the webcam, only to find Nick sitting there. “Nick, what’s up? What is so important that you needed to speak with me?” I asked. I was worried about what Nick might be telling me. It could be nothing good though. That was the one thing that I could be sure of: it was nothing good. Not at all.

“Manda, you and Beth have a small problem that must be dealt with imminently,” Nick said. “Evidently, Kevin and Joe decided that they were going to bring Allison and Zora out to New York with us when we go out there to perform on SNL. Of course, as Beth told me she told you, they don’t know of the fact that you two are coming to New York as well.”

When I heard that, I couldn’t believe that he didn’t try to stop all of this. Nick knew what was going to happen if Allison and Zora were in the vicinity of me and Betsy. Such an event was not allowed to transpire. “Nick! How in the world could you have let that happen?” I asked. “You know perfectly well how much Betsy and I hate Allison and Zora.”

“I know, Manda,” Nick said, letting out a very heavy sigh. “I, unfortunately, couldn’t stop it from happening though. My brothers were quite insistent upon bringing them with us, unaware of the fact that I invited you and Beth. I’m not really sure why they did that though. Something has changed about my brothers and it is nothing short of bad. Ever since they started dating Allison and Zora, my brothers just haven’t been the same. You and Beth were so much better for Kevin and Joe. Our whole family loves you too. It’s not the same with Allison and Zora. Ever since my brothers started acting weird, I’ve blamed Allison and Zora for what happened. I was even hoping that my hatred of them would ultimately cause my brothers to break up with Allison and Zora. It didn’t though.

“What?” I yelled. “But, I thought you guys never date girls that your brothers don’t like. If that’s the case, why do Kallison and Jora still exist? They shouldn’t. Kevanda and Jetsy should.”

Nick nodded. “I know. That’s what makes no sense about all of this. Since I hate them, Allison and Zora should be gone. But, they’re not. Manda, something’s going on with my brothers. Allison and Zora have caused something to change within my brothers and it is nothing short of bad. I’m not exactly sure of what’s going to happen if Allison and Zora aren’t gotten rid of soon. The only I do know is that you, Beth, and Frankie are the only ones that I can really trust with this. Frankie has complained about not being able to spend time with Kevin or Joe lately, all because Allison and Zora have taken up all of their time. It’s not right and we need to get rid of all of this before they can do any more damage.”

“Yeah, no kidding!” I exclaimed.

“But, what are we going to do?” Nick asked.

“I’m not sure, Nick. But, we need to come up with something before Valentine’s Day when you guys are supposed to perform. Go talk to my sister about all of this. And, while you’re at it, please make sure that Betsy leaves for New York before you guys do. Allison and Zora, if my sister flies out there with you, are sure to discover what’s been going on, and that must never happen. They can’t know that Betsy and I were personally invited by you to New York in order to watch you guys perform,” I told him. “Make sure that Betsy is gone before Allison and Zora realize what’s going on, what you’re trying to do for us.”

“Sure, Manda. And, just remember that we are going to fix all of this. With the way that my older brothers have been acting, I hate Allison and Zora just as much as you and Beth do. Lately, it just seems as if my brothers have been spending more time with Allison and Zora than working on our music. I practically have to drag them away from their girlfriends in order to go work on our music. Even Beth can attest to that. We can’t let it happen though; we can’t let my brothers put their girlfriend before their music,” Nick said.

Upon hearing Nick mention his brothers’ girlfriend and putting their girlfriends before their music, I knew that it was time for me to ask Nick about this. He was the one to bring up the girlfriend situation, meaning that he had ultimately brought this upon himself. With all of the information that I had gathered from him, Betsy, and, Selena over the past few weeks, it was imperative that I figure all of this out in order to help Nelena stay together. “Hey, Nick, while we’re on the subject of girlfriend, how’s everything going with Selena?” I asked.

“It’s okay,” Nick said.

From what I knew was going on, Nick wasn’t being completely honest with me. I had, after all, already discussed all of this with Betsy and Selena. Of course, I also wanted to speak with Nick about this, get his side of the story. He was the one who would know exactly what was going on. “Are you sure, Nick?” I asked, knowing full well what was going on with him. “Because I heard from Selena that you haven’t been spending as much time with Selena these days; you’ve been spending more time with Karleigh than Selena. What’s going on with that, Nick? Did you guys grow apart as Selena told me you have?”

“I may have,” Nick said.

“Nick, what happened? You and Selena are perfect for each other. What exactly caused all of this to happen, caused one of the most popular young celebrity couples to drift apart?” I asked.

“You,” Nick replied. “When you had that seizure a month ago, it caused me to meet up with Karleigh. She was in New York for the holidays, watching us perform. In addition to that, she came to see her uncle, who turned out to be the doctor that treated you during the week that you were in your coma. Not only that, but she actually lives out here in LA about two blocks from my place. We bonded over all of that. Plus, as I soon realized about her, I actually met Karleigh once before, unaware of the fact that she was a fan of the Jonas Brothers. Prior to this year when I met her, Karleigh had treated me like a normal person, not a celebrity. We grew close as a result of that, and I just grew apart from Selena.”

“So, are you going to break up with Selena?” I asked.

“I may,” Nick said.

I rolled my eyes when I heard about that, knowing exactly what he was getting at. “Nick, are you sure that’s what you want?” I asked. “Do you really want to get rid of Nelena?

He nodded. “We just grew apart.”

I sighed and ended the conversation shortly after speaking with Nick about this, wondering when Selena was going to contact me about. If what Nick said happened to be true, then I suspected that Selena was going to contact either me or Betsy about all of this. It was only a matter of time until she contacted one of us about it. Betsy and I were close to Nick, so we would know what was going. Right now though, it was best for me to deal with the Allison/Zora situation. That was my most imminent problem and that had to be dealt with. Betsy and I seemed to have a lot of problems lately. How were we going to deal with all of it?
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment and subscribe.