These Bright Lights Have Always Blinded Me

Chappy 19

It was the day we’re leaving. Ali and I were waiting for the plane to get here with Monte. I haven’t seen him since…

“Chelsea! Come on,” Monte said.

I left my little world to see that the plane was here. I stood up with my carry-on bag and the three of us walked through security and boarded the plane. Luckily for me, I got the window seat on the plane. I love the window seat.

“So, when are we meeting up with everyone else?” Ali asked after we took off.

“When we get there,” Monte replied, “Max is meeting us at the airport.”

I nodded and plugged in my ear buds and started listening to Bullet For My Valentine. I started playing “Forever and Always” and Tom instantly crossed my mind.

I mouthed the words to myself and felt someone poke me. I looked over to see Monte. I pulled out an ear bud and shakily asked, “What?”

“What’s wrong?” he asked.

I shook my head. “Why do you ask?” I asked.

“You’re crying,” he replied.

I put my hand to my face to see that he was right. “It’s nothing Monte. Just pissed slash hurt,” I replied.

“Why?” he asked.

“Just got my heart broke,” I replied, “I’m not fond of the male gender right now.”

“I’m sorry,” he said hugging me.

“Chelzers, are you okay?” Ali asked.

I shrugged. “You know that answer. I just wish it didn’t happen,” I replied.

“Wished what didn’t happen?” Monte asked.

I felt a tear fall down my cheek. “That I didn’t fall for someone who wouldn’t catch me,” I replied.

Monte hugged me again and said, “Don’t worry. We’re going to Europe. You can find you any foreign guy you want.”

I shrugged before putting my ear bud back in.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We landed and were walking around the airport when Ali screamed and fell to the ground. I looked to see that Max had tackled her.

“Ali!” he exclaimed, “I fucking missed you girl!”

“I missed you to Max now get off me!” she said.

He got off her and helped her up. He looked over at me and smiled. “Hey Chelsea,” he said, “I haven’t seen you in a while.”

I shrugged. “Hey Max,” I said.

He looked at me and opened his mouth to say something when Monte said, “Come on. I know Craig and Robert want to see you guys.”

I nodded and Ali said, “Come on Chelzers!”

She grabbed my hand and dragged me to luggage claim.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Craig! Robert! Guess who I have!” Monte yelled as we walked onto the bus.

“No we don’t want another hooker Money,” Robert said when he saw that it was Ali and I.

“Hey Robert!” Ali said before walking over to him and hugging him.

“Hey Ali. Hey Chelsea,” Robert said waving to me.

I simply waved and said, “Hi.”

Craig walked out and yawned as he scratched his stomach. “Hey Ali. Hey Chelsea,” he said tiredly.

“Hey Craig,” Ali said as she walked over to him and hugged him as well.

“Hi Craig,” I said before sitting on the couch.

I looked at my Chuck Taylors for a bit when I saw someone sit next to me. I looked over and saw that it was Max. “Hey Max,” I said.

“You okay?” he asked, “You’ve been looking bummed since you arrived.”

I shrugged. “I’m not particularly fond of the male gender right now. I just basically got fucked over by a guy that I fell for who had no intention of catching me,” I replied when Tom popped into my head again.

I felt Max hug me. “I’m sorry Chelsuh,” he said.

“It’s whatever. He’s basically being force to not talk to Ali and I after he told me that no one tells him who he can and can’t talk to. I knew he was too good to be true,” I said when a tear fell down my face. I wiped it away as Craig walked in.

“Okay, who’s sharing with--hey. You okay hun?” he asked.

I shook my head. “No offence, but guys suck,” I replied, “Getting us girls to fall for them and then basically fuck us over for the fucking two faced, cheating, anorexic skanks.”

He sat on the other side of me and hugged me. “I think this calls for a Craig hug. Do you agree Max?” he asked.

“I think this calls for a Craig hug and a Max hug,” Max replied before going back to hugging me.

“No offence guys,” I started, “but the hugs aren’t helping.”

“Damn. This hasn’t happened before. It’s worse than--” Max started.

“You mention that and I will castrate you,” I said glaring at him.

“Sorry,” he said, “But you get what I mean.”

I nodded. “Can I just sleep? I’m tired,” I said.

“Yeah. Which bunk?” Craig asked.

“I don’t care,” I replied.

“You can share with Monte,” Craig said.

“I don’t share,” Robert said from the bunk area.

“I wanna share with Craig,” Ali said walking in.

“Fine by me,” Craig said. He looked at me and said, “Come on. I’ll show you where Monte’s bunk is.”

I nodded and he took me to the bunks. He showed me to the top left and said, “Here you go. Sleep well.”

I nodded and I climbed into Monte’s bunk. I closed the curtain and muttered to myself, “Why?” before falling into a dream filled sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
There you go. again.