These Bright Lights Have Always Blinded Me

Chappy Twenty-Four

“Blahhhh,” I said sticking my tongue out at Craig.

“Stop it,” he said laughing.

“Why?” I said getting closer to him. When he put his hand in my face.

“Because if you don’t I will have to kiss you,” he said getting closer to me. I wanted him to the whole time we were here he hasn’t once. Every time he gets ready to somebody or something interrupts us.

“No don’t boys have cooties,” I yelled running off behind Max.

“I ain’t going to protect you,” Max said stepping away.

“Chelsea, smile,” I said sitting by her.

“No,” she said folding her arms. I exhaled and mimicked her.

Max sat down right by me having his legs wide open. I sat there for a bit before saying, “Chelsea do you smell that?”

“Smell what?” she said aggravated.

“It’s a dead fish smell,” I said covering my nose, “Oh god!”

“What?!” Craig said.

“Max!” I said backing away from him.

“What?” he said looking at me like I was crazy.

“Close your legs!”

“Why?”

“It smells like fish.”

“Very funny,” Max said rolling his eyes. Chelsea busted out laughing.

“That’s all it took!” Craig said getting all pissed, “Damn.”

Wow Chelsea was finally happy. I smiled, and it was because of me.

As makeup runs down your cheeks, my phone went off and Chelsea began to cry. She ran off to the bunk area.

“Who is that?!” Monte asked yelling at me.

“I don’t know,” I said picking up my phone and my jaw dropped is his name and picture came across the screen, Ronnie <3.

“Who is it!?” Monte said grabbing my phone, “You aren’t supposed to be talking to him!” he yelled.

“Monte, I haven’t been,” I said as he threw my phone on the couch.

“Whatever Ali,” He said walking to the bunk area, “Oh and you ARE grounded,” he said before I didn’t see him again.

“What did you do?” Max said sitting by me.

“I didn’t do anything,” I said looking down and beginning to cry, “Monte never yells at me like that,” I said wiping the tears from my face.

“Why did he get pissed then?” Robert asked sitting at my other side.

“Ronnie was calling me,” I said wrapping my arms around Max’s neck.

“Why was he calling you?” Max asked while playing with my hair.

“I don’t know?” I looked to see he was calling again.

“Answer it see what he wants,” Max said.

I slowly pushed the ‘Accept’ button, “Hello?” I said trying to hide I had been crying.

“Ali?” I heard Ronnie’s voice and it sent shivers down my spine in a bad way.

“Yes?”

“Hey, I am in like a rehab thingy for alcoholics,” He said sounding happy.

“Really?”

“Yeah, I am trying to change Ali I promise it. I feel bad for hurting you,” he said sounding sad.

“You hurt me a lot,” I said trying not to remember

“Ali I do feel bad for that.”

“I know you do,” I said wiping my tears, again.

“I want to see you again. I miss you a lot Ali.”

“Listen I have to go Monte is pissed you called me and I am grounded. I will call you when I can. Don’t call me,” I said hanging up.

“Why are you talking to him?! You know what he did!” Monte yelled storming back to me.

“I didn’t he called me,” I said starting to cry again.

“Ali, Tell me the fucking truth!” Monte yelled in my face.

“Monte, stop you are making her cry!,” Max said pushing him away.

“Max don’t get into this you know what he did to Chelsea!” he yelled at Max before looking at me, “Why are you talking to him?!”

“I am not!” I screamed getting up.

“Sit your ass back down!” Monte said pushing me back on the couch.

“Don’t touch me!” I said pushing him away.

“I am the one that takes care of you. Now, I fucking want answers!” he yelled at me.

“I didn’t do anything,” I whispered.

“Yes you did. Stop lying!” he said before point at the bunk area, “Look what you did to Chelsea!”

“I didn’t do anything,” I said louder than before.

“Monte!” Max screamed, “Stop!”

“Shut the fuck up,” he never said anything like that to Max or me. I was scared.

“I hate you,” I said gritting my teeth together.

“What?” he said leaning down to me.

“I. Hate. You!” I screamed in his face.

“Get the fuck to bed ,” he started.

“N-” I started.

“Now!” he screamed point to the bunk area.

I got up and walked over to Craig’s bunk and climbed up. I laid there crying for wait seemed forever. I had all these thoughts running through my head. Why did Ronnie call me? Was my main question. I grabbed my purse and went through it till I found a cigarette and my lighter. I smoke it to calm my nerves but it didn’t help. I sprayed some stuff to try and cover up the smell. I laid back down and cried some more before falling asleep. That was the first time I cried myself to sleep since my and Monte lost mom and dad.

-----------------------------------

“Ali, get up,” I heard Monte’s voice.

“Don’t talk to me,” I said rolling over.

“Ali we need to talk I wanted to say..”

“No do not talk to me. I wish you died instead of mom and dad!” I yelled in his face after rolling over.

“Ali, you don’t mean that,” I say sadness in his eyes.

“I don’t want to talk to you,” I said shutting the curtain.

I felt bad for talking to Monte like that but he went off on my and I didn’t do anything. At that point in time I didn’t feel like his sister anymore. I felt like a cousin he has pushed far away and doesn’t want anything to deal with I didn’t want to see him and get pissed. I was hurt he never yells at me unless we are joking around. He even yelled at Max. Max stood up for me. I wish last night hadn’t happen.