These Bright Lights Have Always Blinded Me

Chappy Forty-Six

-Flashback-

“Ronnie, come on you don’t need to drink you are babysitting me,” I said shutting the fridge he was at.

“Just one,” he said kissing my forehead.

“No,” I said not wanting to get hit again.

“What happened to your face?” he said looking at my bruised cheek.

“Nothing I just fell during gym class,” I said smiling, “I’m going to take a shower,” I said walking out of the kitchen upstairs to the bathroom.

I turned on the water till I felt it was just right. I quickly stripped and hopped in. It was only a fifteen minute shower but when I got done I went to my room and quickly changed. I walked back downstairs till I heard a crash.

“Ronnie what are you doing?” I asked staying upstairs.

“Nothing,” he slurred.

“Ronnie are you drinking?” I said walking slowly back to my room.

I heard him laugh before saying, “No.”

“I’m going to bed now Ronnie I love you,” I said beginning to cry.

“Sure you are,” he said walking to the foot of the stairs.

“No I am going to bed right now,” I said walking into my room.

“Really I don’t believe you,” I heard him say before I heard footsteps on the stairs.

“No, Ronnie I really am,” I said locking my bedroom door and getting in the far corner.

I heard him try to open the door. I was hoping he wouldn’t hurt me again but I did want to take that chance, “Darling let me in,” I heard him say.

“Ronnie, no, I’m going to sleep I am fine,” I said wiping the tears from my face.

“Let me on or I’m calling Monte,” He yelled. I knew if he called I would never see Ronnie again and neither would Chelsea. I sighed before getting up, unlocking the door and opening it, “That’s my girl.”

“Ronnie really I am just going to bed,” I said backing up to my bed and laying down.

“I’m staying in here till you go to sleep,” he said lying beside me in the bed. He always got one of two ways around me, abusive or horny. This was not a good night. He never did anything to me but the things he said scared me, “I want to ride you hard,” he said, which was one of his favorites to say. I was scared and once I knew he was passed out I cried.

-end flashback-


“Craig?” I said playing with the hair in front of his ears, side burns maybe? No they are too long to be sideburns, I think.

“Mmm,” he said still having his eyes closed.

“I am scared,” I said as my eyes watered.

“Why baby? I am here,” he said pulling me close to him.

“I want Ronnie to call me so I know he isn’t doing anything to Chelsea,” I said placing the side of my face on his chest.

“Just call him see if he answers,” Craig said yawning.

I grabbed my phone and scrolled to his number. I dialed it and it rang twice before somebody answered, “Help me,” they said crying.

“Chelsea!?” I screamed into the phone.

“Yeah,” she whimpered.

“Where are you?” I asked sitting up.

“Ronnie’s apartment,” she said in a whisper.

“Call Monte he is there,” I said becoming worried.

“Shit he is waking up. Ali I don’t,” I heard her whispered before Ronnie’s cell phone hit the floor.

“Who the fuck are you talking to?” I heard Ronnie yell/slur before he said in to the phone, “Who the fuck is this?”

I sat there in silence because I didn’t hear Chelsea cry, “It’s Ali,” I said slowly.

“They one who can’t fucking trust me,” he said before hanging up.

“Craig I want out of here now,” I said shaking him violently.

“Why?” he asked when I stopped shaking him.

“I think I know where Chelsea is,” I said remembering Ronnie’s apartment number.

“Call Monte, Baby,” he said rolling over. I checked the time to see it was three in the morning.

I quickly dialed his number and right away he answered, “96” I said right away.

“What?” Monte said puzzlingly.

“Top floor go!” I yelled.

“What the hell are you,” I heard before my phone died.

“Well shit,” I said throwing my phone at the wall.

“What?” Craig said sitting up.

“Nothing,” I said laying back down.

“Ronnie,” I said laughing at him.

“What do you say?” he said laughing at me and tickling me.

“Please?” I said giggling.

“No,” he smiled.

“Ronnie loves me!” I said hugging him.

“I do and I promise I will never hurt you, Darling you are the world to me. Just like you were my little sister I promise to always look after you forever,” he said looking down at me.

“Your only fourteen mister,” I said putting my hands on my hips, “Forever is a long time.”

“And you are nine,” he said picking me up.

“Ronnie,” I laughed tilting my head.

“I will never hurt you,” he said picking me up.

“I believe you,” I said hugging him.


“I need to forget the past,” I said getting off the bed and picking up my IV thingy. I walked around the bed to the door and stepped on something. I bent down and picked up the necklace Ronnie gave me, I put it in my bra before walking out the door. The nurses station was right out my door, “Um hi. When am I able to leave?” I asked leaning on the desk.

“Um name?” a tan skinned nurse with black hair asked.

“Alejandra Rae Michelle Money,” I said as she pulled out my chart.

“Yes um. Tomorrow evening,” she said looking up at me, “You are the abuse victim.”

“No I am not,” I said laughing.

“Yeah the one that got beat up by the drunk,” she said.

“I didn’t get beat up,” I laughed.

“Uh yeah you did,” she said getting a shit eating grin on her face.

“No I didn’t,” I said getting a little aggravated.

“You need to learn how to fight little missy,” she laughed before getting up.

“Listen here,” I said and she turned to me, “I know how to fight and I want to leave now!” I said

“I am sorry but you have to stay another night,” she said grinning.

“I don’t have to do shit,” I said taking the needles out of my arm, “I am leaving,” I said walking back to my room and waking Leila and Craig, “I am going come with if you want.”

“Ali you cant go unless the doctor consents it,” Craig said putting his hands on my arms.

“Fine I want my doctor now!” I said walking to the nurses station.

The same nurse grinned before saying in to a speaker thing, “Elliot Reid to the nurses station.” A few minutes later she showed up.

“Can I leave? I am fine,” I said tapping my foot.

“Yeah no problem,” she said before walking away.

“Why can’t you be like her,” I sad to the nurse before walking to my room and grabbing my backpack, “I am ready to go,” I said to Craig.

“Lets go,” he said yawning and grabbing my hand.

“I love you,” I said kissing him.

“I love you too,” I said back. We got to my house and I got on the computer and checked my Myspace I had a new comment, it read,
Hey I found this video of you and Ronnie on you tube<3 ash

I clicked play and it started.

“Say it,” Ronnie said in my face in front of the Burger King counter.

“Say what?” I laughed at him.

“Say you love me,” he laughed hugging me.

“Or what?” I said looking up at him.

“You get no food,” just then the camera angle changed from Ronnie and I to Omar.

“This is why I hate and love these two kids, they always fight about the stupidest shit,” he said laughing.

“But I am hungry,” I whined.

“Fine get your damn chicken nuggets,” when Ronnie look at the camera, “Are you video taping us?” Ronnie asked walking up to Omar.

“Maybe,” I heard in the background. Then it cut out. I miss those days.
♠ ♠ ♠
XP