These Bright Lights Have Always Blinded Me

Chappy Sixty-Eight

I sat there on the bathroom floor with a pregnancy test sitting on the counter. Craig was out with Leila and Gab while Monte was with his new girlfriend and Robert was downstairs doing laundry.

My phone started ringing and it was Mr. Reid.

“Hey fuckface,” he said when I picked up.

“Hey,” I said rolling my eyes.

“What's got you down?” he asked and he heard his car start up in the background.

“Nothing why?” I asked.

“Just wondering but what are you doing tomorrow night?”

“Uh so far nothing why?” I asked standing up.

“You ask why a lot,” he laughed and I heard his Why? CD start up in the background.

“Seriously,” I said seeing the little negative sign on the pregnancy test, “YES!” I screamed not realizing I was still on the phone.

“Yes what?” he asked all confused.

“I’m not pregnant,” I said jumping up and down.

“You should celebrate by coming to one of my concerts,” I could tell by his voice he had his lil cheeky smile.

“Okay I will but for now bye.”

“Bye Ali,” he said hanging up.

“What happened?” Robert asked walking in my room.

“I’m not pregnant and I got invited to a DAD? concert by the lead singer,” I said smiling.

“Lucky you,” he laughed while hugging me.

“I gotta find my DAD? shirt,” I said running over to my closet.

“It’s in the washer,” Robert laughed.

“Holy shit no!” I said running down the stairs to the basement. I opened the washer and ripped the purple shirt out of there trying to save it.

“Why does it matter?” Robert asked as I clung to the wet fabric.

“Last time I wore this Reid and I were hanging out and he kept blowing smoke on this and sprayed it with his collogue.”

“Wow,” he laughed.

“It has a lot of memories,” I said nodding my head, “But now it doesn’t because you ruined it.”

“You guys can do that again when you hang out again.”

“Well yeah,” I shrugged, “But it wont be the same.”

“Oh stop whining,” he said as I got up off the ground.

“Ehhh,” I said before stomping up the basement stairs.

“Baby,” I heard him yell up the stairs.

“Blah,” I said walking into the kitchen.

“Blah?” I heard Max say.

“Yes, Blah,” I said looking at him still clinging to my DAD? shirt.

“You’re strange,” he said as I sat down at the table across from him.

“Well yeah but you love me,” I smiled setting my DAD? shirt on the table.

He shrugged and shoved a spoon full of Fruity Pebbles in his mouth before saying, “When is the next time Chelsea is coming over?”

“First, finish your food and second I don’t know tonight maybe.”

“I miss her,” he frowned before standing up from the table, picking up his bowl and walking towards the kitchen.

“I know you do,” I shrugged and followed him to the sink.

“Oh well I wont get her back and its my fault but I’m over it,” he said I I sat up on the counter.

“Sure you are,” I said rolling my eyes.

“Shut it,” he said whipping his mouth.

“Well you aren’t” I said Before Craig came walking in the kitchen.

“Hey, Max,” he said not even looking at me.

“Baby,” I said calling Craig over to me.

“Yeah,” he said avoiding me and walking to the fridge.

“Come here,” I began, “Please.”

“I got stuff to do,” he said walking out of the kitchen.

“Max?” I said looking over at him.

“Ali?” he replied knowing I was about to cry.

“What did I do?” I said wrapping my arms around Max’s neck and began to cry.

“Nothing,” he said rubbing his hand on my back.

“I feel like I did something wrong.”

“It wasn’t you,” I heard Craig's voice and I stopped crying and looked up at him, “It was Gab she got pissed at me and ran off.”

“Where’s Leila?” I said pushing Max aside and walking over towards Craig.

“She is upstairs in bed don’t worry yourself,” he said smiling.

“I love you Craigie,” I said wrapping my arms around him.

“I love you too Ali,” he said kissing my forehead.

“I know and you want to here something better?” I said looking up at him.

“What?” he replied while smiling.

“I’m not pregnant,” and his smile left his face.

“I kind of wouldn’t have minded if you were. I would be so happy if you were,” he said beginning to smile again.

“Really?” I said laying my head on his neck.

“Yeah really,” he laughed.

“Awhhhh,” Max said making a girly while looking face at us.

“Shut up,” Craig began, “Wouldn’t she make the cutest babies though?”

“Aw you’re full of shit,” I laughed at him.

“You would,” Max said walking out of the room leaving me and Craig alone.

“You would make amazing babies,” he smiled before kissing me.

“You make me seem cuter than what I am,” I laughed as he pulled me up the stairs.

“Because you are more than cute you are sexy and beautiful and gorgeous and stop me if you want,” he said as we got to our room.

“Awh Craigie,” I said pushing him down on the bed and climbing on top of him.

“Wait wait!” he said looking over away from me, “Leila,” he laughed.

“Oh shit,” I laughed, “Well looks like no action tonight,” I laughed falling on top of him still and just laying there.

“Yeah that’s our luck,” he said roaming his hand down the back of my pants.

“You having fun,” I laughed at him.

“Actually yes,” he smiled, “It would be better if you were shirtless but I’m still having fun.”

“You’re so lame,” I said setting my chin on his chest and looking at his face.

“This sucks,” he laughed.

“How so?”

“How not? I have my beautiful girlfriend laying on top of me and I want to bang her so bad right now and I cant cause there is a kid in the room.”

“Bang?” I questioned giving him a funny look.

“Well make love to?”

“That’s a term for baby making my friend. Banging works, when you said make love it reminds me of kids and stuff.”

“And you call me strange,” he laughed before kissing me.

“Yes I do call you strange but I love you so its all good,” I smiled.