These Bright Lights Have Always Blinded Me

Chappy 69

Ah night time. Relaxing, quiet night time. I was sitting outside by the pool in one of the lounge chairs. Mom’s in bed, Frank’s sleeping over at Ray’s, and I couldn’t sleep. I’m surprised I didn’t wake Mom up, though. Oh well.

I relaxed in the lounge chair when I felt my phone vibrate in my lap. I picked it up and saw that it was Tom. I slid it open and asked, “Yeah?”

“You’re still awake?” he asked.

“Mhm. Couldn’t sleep. I’m outside by the pool right now,” I replied.

“Ah. Why couldn’t you sleep?”

“I don’t know. It happens from time to time. Of course, it was harder to get outside with the leg in a cast and walking down the stairs with crutches really sucks.”

“I’m sorry to hear that. Would you like some company?”

I smiled. “Yeah. Just walk around back. The gate’s unlocked.”

“I’ll be there in a minute or two. I’m walking around town right now. I was actually going to come by and see if you wanted to come with me.”

“Couldn’t sleep?”

“Nope. I blame Bill.”

I giggled. “Whatever Meckie did, I’m sure he didn’t mean to.”

I could practically hear Tom rolling his eyes. “Sure. He didn’t mean to, and I’m a leprechaun.”

“Dude! Awesome! I won’t steal your lucky charms. I promise.”

He sighed. “You’re goofy.”

“Yep. But you wouldn’t have me any other way.”

“This is true,” I heard from by the gate.

I looked over at saw him leaned against the fence. I slid my phone shut and motioned him over. He walked over and sat on the edge of the lounge chair. “Ello,” I said.

“Hey,” he said, “Nice sleepwear.”

I looked down at my tie-dye pajama pants and Playboy bunny tank top. “Thank you.. I like them myself, really,” I said.

“I would hope so. Seeing as you’re wearing the outfit.”

“Touché.”

He smiled and placed a kiss on my lips. “Did you tell your mom yet?”

I nodded. “She’s fine about it. She likes you enough to let you date me.”

“What about your dad?”

I shrugged. “Haven’t seen him in years.”

“Ah. I’m sorry.”

“It’s fine. I’ve got Papa Don, Papa Toro, and Papa Bryar.”

“And Gordon.”

“Yes. Can’t forget Papa Gordon.”

“No, we can’t.”

I smiled and scooted over. “Lay down with me?”

He laid next to me and I rested my head on his chest. “You’re comfy,” I said.

“Thanks?” he asked.

“No problem,” I replied snuggling him.

He wrapped his arms around me and held me close. “Why didn’t I ask you out sooner?” he asked softly, as if he was asking himself that question.

“I dunno,” I softly replied.

I felt him kiss the top of my head. “I’m glad I did.”

“I sure hope so,” I said, a small smile playing on my lips.

I wrapped an arm around his middle and relaxed before falling asleep.

(Morning. Frank’s P.O.V.)

I walked in the house hungry. “Mom? Chels? Anyone home?” I asked.

After hearing nothing, I shrugged. “Fine. Let me burn breakfast. See if I care,” I said walking to the kitchen. I walked past the patio door when I noticed something in one of the lounge chairs.

“What the fuck?” I asked myself before going to see what it was.

I walked outside and I had to keep an ‘aw’ from escaping past my lips. Asleep in the lounge chair were Chelsea and Tom. She was curled up next to him and he had his arms around her protectively. I pulled out my phone and took a quick picture of it.

I walked back inside and into the kitchen. My phone started ringing and I looked to see that it was Bill. “Yo,” I said.

“Frank, have you seen Tom? I can’t find him!!” he said worried.

“Yeah. He’s here. I guess he came by last night. He and Chelsea are asleep outside in a lounge chair,” I replied.

“Oh. *relieved sigh* I was starting to worry. Mom und Gordon aren’t up yet and if they wake up and Tom’s missing, it won’t be good,” he said.

“Understandable. Do you want me to wake him up?”

“Nah. Let him sleep. If he was over there last night, then he probably couldn’t get to sleep. Just have him call me when he gets up, okay?”

“Will do. Later.”

“Bye,” he said before hanging up.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's short, I'm half asleep, so it probably isn't the best. I needed to update this one, though.

read/comment/tell your friend

comments are love like the Kaulitz twin (ich) and Craig Mabbitt (Alikina).