It's Our Last Chance to Feel Again

ten.

KATHERINE

Sighing for the eighty-seventh time, I flipped the channel on the television. I'd gotten so bored with reruns of shows that barely interested me that I had taken to entertaining myself with counting the number of times I sighed.

Looking out the window, I saw the now empty beach and cursed myself. Stalker Guy finally speaks to me, I finally get to see my russet wolf, things I've been wishing for the past week, and I somehow manage to screw it all up. Yes, I do realise how stupid I'm being. I mean a wolf? As if he even cared how stupid I acted.

Uncle Jack walked into the living area, and when the both of us made eye contact, we both looked away immediately. Neither of us wanted to give in to the cold war we were having. Too much pride was at stake for both of us, and I still found it ridiculous how he was grounding me just because I felt drawn to a wolf.

Sighing once again, I thought of how horribly everything had gone. After making the whole run-in with Paul and 'Jake' terribly awkward, I did the only thing I could think of. I walked away from the beach and hurried back to the house. I had argued with myself, part of me telling myself to go back to the wolf, part of me scolding the other part of me, telling myself that I was being stupid. Needless to say, I felt completely mental. However, the former part of me had won over and I found myself turning around to find the russet wolf but except for the huge log that Stalker Guy had been sitting on previously, the beach was completely empty. Even Paul wasn't there. However, I had no time to ponder over his incredible speed because at that moment, I noticed a russet wolf running. Running back into the woods. I had watched as it ran, watched as it's muscles flexed, as it's paws pounded the ground over and over. My russet wolf. The wolf that I, strangely enough, longed for.

I began to follow the wolf, trying my best to catch up, wanting so much to just be near it. The wolf continued running, his strides and muscular legs too much for me. My pace quickened, my walk turning into a jog, slow and steady. Realising that it wasn't fast enough, I desperately picked up my face, trying my hardest to keep the russet wolf in sight. My feet moved faster and faster, the wind in my face the only resistance.

Until of course, I felt something pull me back. Turning around, I came face to face with a red Uncle Jack.

After a conversation that had consisted of me snapping at Uncle Jack and him being unable to form coherent sentences, I had been sent to the house and told to stay in there for the whole week. Ridiculous? I'd say so.

Which was how I found myself in my current position. I watched as Uncle Jack opened his mouth, and then snapped it shut before walking briskly to his room. Looking out the window and ignoring the infomercial that was playing on the television for the fifth time now, I sighed once again at the empty beach. Eighty-nine.

-

'02:54 AM'

The bright green digits displayed on the clock on my bedside table, and I flipped over to my side. The house was so silent that it got to a point where it became deafening. The single-floored house stood solemnly in the midst of the dark night, and I looked out once again at the beach. With the pale rays of the moon as the only source of light, I could barely make out the waves crashing onto the shore. The distorted reflection of the full moon on the water's surface, the beauty of the great contrast between the now dark water and the pale white of the moon, made me smile. My eyes closed shut, the image etched in my mind, the smile still on my face.

I felt the cool wind blow, and I pulled on my blanket, wrapping me up tighter. The once deafening silence was broken, and I could hear the sound of the waves. My brows furrowed into a frown, wondering how I was suddenly able to feel and hear these things. My eyelids shot open, and I immediately saw an open window. My frown deepened as I distinctly remembered shutting the windows before attempting to fall asleep.

Taking a deep breath, I slowly laid back down on the bed before closing my eyes once again. There had to be a rational explanation to it. Maybe the ridiculously strong La Push wind might have blown the window open. Yeah, that seemed logical enough.

Or it could have been opened by some weird man who's now trying to get into your bed, the paranoid part of me spoke up, and I felt my blood drain. Telling myself that I was being absurd, I brushed that thought aside and took a deep breath, trying to calm my erratically beating heart.

However, when I felt the bed dip, all attempts of trying to remain collected were abandoned, and I let out a shrill scream.

Immediately, a hand clamped over my mouth and my scream was immediately muffled.

"Shit, wasn't really expecting that," I heard someone mutter, the person's breath hitting my neck, making me shiver involuntarily.

Too afraid to turn my head, I shakily announced, "Okay, whoever you are, you really need to leave."

My voice was muffled by the hand that still covered my mouth, but judging from the way the person's grip loosened, I figured my message probably got through.

But when his hand was never removed from over my mouth, I mastered all the courage I had and said, "Look, person. I have a really fat uncle who can beat the crap out of you if he wants to. And I'm pretty sure he'd want to if he has to wake up in the middle of the night just to find some sexually desperate person picking on his teenage niece. So I suggest you stop touching me, and leave. Right now."

Surprised and proud at how forceful I sounded, I resisted the urge to pat myself on the back. With fear no longer the dominating emotion in me, I suddenly felt the heat from where the person's hand was. I could feel the person slowly withdrawing his hand from over my mouth, and each time his grip loosened more, my skin would tingle, and I'd find myself wishing he'd just place his hands back on me.

Katherine, you are one sick girl. First it's a wolf. Then it's a weird stalker, and now, it's some rapist who's probably a 59 year old virgin.

"Well, you're feisty," The person laughed throatily once his hands were finally off my mouth.

Ignoring the want of feeling his skin on mine once again, I whipped my head around and glared at the rapist through the dark, "Feisty? I'll show you feisty you motherf-"

I was cut off by the person's hand clamped over my mouth once again. Hadn't we been through that before? Although I really had to admit: Despite how annoyed I was, I really liked the feeling of his touch. Even if he was trying to get me to shut up.

The person who had his hand over my mouth was still sitting on my bed, and he looked down at my hard eyes that were trying their best to show him how pissed I was. Momentarily, my train of thoughts just vanished, and I found myself turning into mush. The more I stared into his eyes that were illuminated by the rays of the moonlight, the more I found myself wanting this moment to never end. Him with his hand on me (yes, I do know it sounds way more suggestive than it actually was), both of us looking into each others' eyes, our hair being thrown around wildly by the once chilling wind that now seemed like a simple breeze.

But when I heard heavy footsteps that were getting louder and louder, my brain kicked into overdrive and I hissed, "Get your bloody hands off of me!"

The guy, whose face I had yet to take a proper good look at, raised his hands defensively by his side and stood up from the bed. The bed squeaked slightly as it sprung back up from the sudden removal of weight, and I gawked at the person's height. He was one of the giants. I narrowed my eyes in an attempt to get a better look at his face through the lack of light, but the shadows that were cast from the moonlight blocked his features. He continued to move back, taking large strides that were completely silent compared to the heavy footsteps that sounded like they were right outside my door.

The footsteps grew louder and I held my breath, ignoring the giant that I was supposed to be staying away from standing in the corner of my room.

The footsteps continued to steadily increase in volume, the rhythm steady until I heard Uncle Jack stumble. Then, the footsteps grew softer and softer, and I immediately turned my attention to the huge man I seemed so drawn to.

I watched as the giant took a step forward and into the path of the moonlight. His tanned skin that I had often pictured in my mind was now glowing from the light, and I watched as his lips parted to form a smile.

"Hey."

My eyes moved upwards and I gasped when everything finally clicked in my head.

Stalker Guy was in my room.
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter is dedicated to Love.is.dead for being so unbelievably amazing and helpful. :]

ANYWAY. I hope you guys liked this chapter. I'm definitely going to be updating soon because the story's kicking off. I knowww. Finallyyy. :D

Let me know what you guys think, yeah!