It's Our Last Chance to Feel Again

three.

I awoke with a start, and tried to remember what had caused my sudden awakening. However, after minutes of just sitting on my bed with no memories of what my dream had been, I gave up and looked out of the window. The sky was still dark, but I could see the sun rising from a distance. Wondering how long I had been out for, I looked to my right in an attempt to check the time, but then realised I hadn't even unpacked. I got off the bed and shuffled my feet slowly to my baggages, and for the next half an hour or so, consumed myself with unpacking and sorting out the things in my temporary room.

Just as I was about done with keeping the last of my clothes, I heard a creak and loud stomping noises. Figuring it was uncle Jack, I continued to put my clothes away. However, when the owner of the loud stomping noises knocked on my door and poked his head in, it wasn't uncle Jack. In fact, it was another one of those massive guys that I had been told "to steer clear of".

"Not to seem rude or anything, but who the heck are you?" I asked.

"Well, you're straightforward," the huge guy laughed, and then said, "I'm Paul."

"Huh. And from your size, I'm guessing you'd know Sam?"

"Yeah, you could say that," Paul rubbed the back of his neck.

"Okay. So you've gotta go. I mean, nothing personal, but I'm supposed to be making things easier for you guys by staying out of your way."

"What? Why?"

"See thing is, I just landed here a day ago, give or take, and all I was told from my dearest uncle is to steer clear of the massive people because "they've got enough to handle". So I've really got no idea."

"Wow. Okay, that's... Okay, that makes things easier, I guess."

"So if you don't mind, I'm trying to keep my end of the deal," I said as politely as I could, motioning to the door with my thumb.

Paul, who didn't seem to mind my bluntness turned and headed out the door, not before turning around and saying, "Hey. Uh," and then looking at me with an expectant face.

"Katherine."

"Well Katherine, thanks."

When I shrugged in reply, he smiled and said, "Oh, and do you know if Jack's awake yet?"

"Yeah, I heard him walking ar- Wait, that was you. Don't laugh at me," I added when he snorted, "I'm not sure, but you could just check," I offered.

"Nah, I don't think he'll let me get away with going into his room uninvited this time," Paul smirked, obviously remembering the previous time he had awoken Uncle Jack and whatever hilarious situation it entailed.

"This time?" I asked with a raised brow.

Paul's smirk turned into a snicker, and I immediately panicked, "He wasn't doing anything... Scarring, was he?"

"Scarring?" He questioned.

"Yeah, like uh, jacking off?"

"Ha! Jacking off, like Uncle Jack," Paul laughed, and the smirk that had once been on his face turned into a disgusted expression, "Alagggh! No, no, no. I wouldn't be laughing right now if that happened."

I laughed at his reaction, and then automatically flinched when mental images started flooding my mind.

"You see them too?" Paul asked, and I nodded slowly, trying to rid my mind of the new addition.

"I'll never be able to look at him the same away again," I moaned, and then pointed a finger accusingly at him, "You caused this!"

"Me?" He asked, astounded, and when I nodded, he said, "You were the one who thought of that!"

I thought about it and then gave a weak smile, "Oh. Yeah. My bad."

Paul laughed, and then said, "Well, I guess I'll just wait outside until he wakes up and help you keep your word yeah?"

I smiled and thanked him before keeping the last piece of clothing I had brought along after hearing the door close. It hadn't seemed like I was bothering him, so why would Uncle Jack want me to keep away from them? And why would Paul think that me avoiding them would make things easier? Now that I thought about it, how was Paul and the other giants (if there even were more. Seriously, how on earth can people be so tall?) involved? I mean, I know Sam had loads on his plate at the moment because of his brother, but how would that bother Paul? Or the rest of them? Or maybe they were all related. Maybe Paul was his brother too.

Laughing to myself about how huge their parents must be, I failed to notice what would normally have been obvious; a huge russet creature running on the beach.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know this chapter's pretty boring, but it sets the stage for the next chapter. -plays dramatic music-
And since I already have the next chapter outlined in my mind, I'll try to post it up as soon as I can. Of course, that's provided I survive tomorrow.