It's Our Last Chance to Feel Again

thirty.

Mumbling incoherent words, he turned over and slapped the alarm clock, shutting it up before it could wake the other still-sleeping occupant of the house. He sat up on his bed that seemed a little too small for him, and rubbed his eyes as he let out a huge yawn. While he needed the oxygen for the long and important day ahead of him, he didn’t need the harsh light streaming in from the windows that brought a squint to his eye.

Shuffling over to his wardrobe, he sighed gratefully for his unnatural body heat. He could tell that it was cold — it always was in La Push — but it didn’t affect him at all. As he pulled on his customary slacks over the boxers he had slept in the previous night, he thought about Katherine. Surely she would understand that he had to do what was right for her.

He walked as silently as he could to the door, hoping not to step on any creaking boards in the house, before stopping himself short. He had to write a note first. He had to at least explain why he was doing what he had to.

It took him a while to finish it, what with his urgency causing him to break a good number of pencils and scribble illegible words on the paper that had been severely mutilated by his incredible strength, but he smiled grimly and picked up the paper, heading once again for the door.

The second time he stopped himself was not because he had something else he had to do, or because he was hesitating. It was because he could see, through the window, Katherine running as fast as she could along the pathway, across the road, and into the — he swore for a moment, pissed beyond belief — woods. Right into the centre of the fight.

He squeezed his eyes shut, dreading the outcome. There was no way she’d make it out alive. Fustrated, he kicked the nearest object, which smashed into the wall and became pieces of wood instead of a functioning chair. She had to be stubborn. Had to do things her way. Had to completely ignore the things people told her.

And in a turn of events, she was now leaving him. She was leaving him instead of him leaving her in the dark, instead of him having to explain things to her.

He clenched his jaw in annoyance. She never listened. Never.
♠ ♠ ♠
A few things.
1) Sorry for the late update. Internet is overpriced in hotels, and with my mom telling me to "enjoy Phuket", I couldn't be all nerdy and update as often as I would have loved to. So, so sorry about that. I also had quite a block writing this chapter, and no matter how hard I try to make it seem right, it's still a little off for me. So that made this update take even longer. Sorry. :(

2) This should explain the short chapter before. If it doesn't, well, I'll do it now. I couldn't fit that chapter in here because it would've looked weird, and well... Yeah, okay. I'm too lazy to explain. But you should get it, right? If you don't, let me know. I'll explain better. :]

3) I know this will confuse quite a few of you. It's meant to. Because I'm just a horrible person. But go along with it for a while, okay? You'll see what this is about in the end.

4) The next update will be posted really soon because it is mostly done. It's extremely long (I think), to make up for the 2 short chapters.