I Smoked Pot And Nobody Died

Chapter Fifty

Bill's eyes were wide as he stared at us. His mouth opened and closed a few times as though he was going to say something but stopped himself. Tom and I stayed frozen in place until he spoke.

''Sick?'' Bill asked, questioning everything with a one-syllable word.

''What are you doing here?'' Tom asked as he moved from on top of me.

''I'm your brother; it's been four days. I didn't care if you were contagious, but that's clearly not the case.'' Bill said as Tom stood up. ''The better question is what is she doing here? Are you sleeping together? Were you with her all weekend? Why didn't you tell me?''

''That was four questions.'' Tom mumbled and Bill rolled his eyes. ''Ok, ok, she's here because yes we are sleeping together and yes I was with her all weekend and I didn’t tell you because it needed to be kept a secret.''

''And you think I can't keep a secret?''

''I know you can, I just couldn't tell you.'' Tom said, begging for forgiveness with his eyes.

''How long has this been going on?'' Bill asked, his tone of voice saying that Tom's forgiveness was granted.

''A while.'' I piped up.

''And I didn't catch it?'' Bill asked, sounding like he was disappointed with himself.

''Well, you've caught it now that's for sure.'' I mumbled.

''Actually, you caught what's right before it.'' Tom added and I snorted in a failed attempt at hiding my laughter.

''So where were you all weekend?'' Bill asked, ignoring Tom's witty remark.

''At my parents' cottage.'' I told him.

Bill had moved from the entryway of Tom's apartment and was sitting in a chair opposite Tom and me on the couch.

''What if your parents showed up?''

''They haven't used it in years.''

''And you've just been,'' Bill made a quick hip thrusting movement. ''The whole time?''

''Pretty much.'' Tom laughed.

''Sick my ass.'' Bill muttered. ''When did you guys first, you know?''

''Umm.'' There had been so many, I couldn't quite remember.

''That day we met them at the gym.'' Tom said quickly.

''So she had you pinned long after the wrestling mat eh?'' Bill said suggestively and Tom shrugged, smirking.

''I almost forgot about that; how did you remember?'' I asked.

''I never forget a first.'' He said and I smiled.

''Are you're so sweet.'' I said and then kissed him quickly. Bill cleared his throat.

''So why can't people know?'' he asked.

''Because there's too much at risk.'' I told him.

''Like?''

''Like my job.''

''Like her life.'' Tom added.

''What?'' Bill and I asked in unison.

''Have you seen the way the fangirls react when pictures of me and any girl get out?'' he replied.

''Yea, my life!'' I said to Bill who chuckled.

''I can't believe you didn't tell me though.''

''Sorry.'' Tom said.

''At least I know now.''

''Yea, now that you know, would you maybe consider leaving?'' Tom asked.

''Why?'' Bill replied. They weren't exactly in sync today.

''You kind of walked in on…'' Tom trailed off, looking pointedly at me.

''Right.'' Bill got up. ''Have fun.''

''I plan on it.'' Tom said with a grin.

Bill shook his head as he left, locking the door behind him.

''How did he even get in?'' I asked when Tom turned back to me.

''He's my brother; he has a key.'' Tom said like it was common knowledge.

''Right. I thought you would have told him.''

''You told me not to tell anyone and I knew it was important to you.'' Tom said.

''I knew you were secretly a sweetheart.'' I said teasingly.

''Keep it down, you'll ruin my rep.'' He smirked.

''Then how can I show my appreciation without ruining it?'' I asked suggestively.

''I've got a few ideas.'' Tom replied.

''Do share.''

''You could try,'' he pressed his lips to mine in a slow, seductive kiss. ''And there's always candy.''

I laughed. ''I think I like that first one better.''

''Me too.''