Status: Hiatus for I have no idea how long

Picture Perfect

004.

Mitchell, Kyle, and I all jammed into Kyle's oh, so lovely minivan. It was actually probably a pretty funny sight, a couple of teenagers jam packed into the front seats of a banged up minivan. Mitchell turned on his camera and started taping random things; Kyle singing to Britney Spears, some birds flying outside, me braiding my hair.

"Where are we off to on this wonderful adventure?" I asked whilst getting video taped by Mitchell's camera.

"Why, to the best place in the world; Wendy's!" Mitchell exclaimed, making me break out into laughter. I guess Wendy's was the cool place to hang out in Ohio? If I'll be with these two, I could give it a shot.

Kyle turned the distraught minivan into the Wendy's parking lot, and we exited the van, able to finally breathe again. We entered through the familiar fast food restaurant's doors and sat down at a table. Me with my frosty, and Mitchell and Kyle with full meals, despite the fact we just ate at Mitchell's house.

Mitchell turned on his camera and video taped a useless conversation between Kyle and I about Pokemon vs. Yugio, which clearly Pokemon wins, and we heard some kids starting to get rowdy. We all turned our heads and saw some kids adorned in baseball uniforms trying to be funny because they were in the background in the video.

When one saw that we had noticed them acting like stupid animals in the background he started getting even more cocky.

"What's that for?" He asked, trying to sound cool, although none of us were buying into it.

"A Youtube video. Watch livelavalive!" Mitchell enthusiastically answered.

"Go livelavalive!" The obnoxious kid screamed. We all laughed and threw away our empty containers, walking out of the crowded place. On our way out we still had the camera rolling and the same kids as before all screamed, "Go livelavalive!" as we exited the restaurant.

I must admit, regardless of their annoying attitudes, they seemed like they could possibly be good advertisements.

"So, shall we go home now?" I asked my two new friends.

"I should be heading home, do you want me to drop you back off at Mitchell's, Har?" Kyle asked me kindly.

"If it's okay with Mitchell, sure," I replied, smiling. Mitchell enthusiastically nodded his head, signaling it would be fine for me to go back to his house.

The blue sky was just beginning to turn dark as we pulled up into Mitchell's driveway. Kyle got out to say goodbye to Mitchell and give me a hug. He was such a sweet and hysterically funny kid, I was so glad to have him as a new friend.

Once Mitchell and I were secure inside his room, we started talking. It started out lighthearted; about school, my old friends, his friends. But then out of nowhere it started getting into a really deep conversation. We talked about our beliefs, religions, relationships.

"What were your past girlfriends like?" I asked him, curious as to what his type was.

"Actually, I've never really had a girlfriend before," He answered shyly while bowing his head.

"Are you serious?" I asked, and his head went farther down. I knew he thought I meant it like making fun of him, but I didn't at all and it made me feel horrible.

"No, no, I don't mean it like that. I just mean, you're such a nice guy that it surprises me a girl hasn't snatched you up yet!" I exclaimed making him laugh quite loud.

"What about you? Any past boyfriends?" He asked me, looking me in the eyes.

"I had one a couple years ago, I really thought I loved him but he cheated on me with some slut from my school. It took me a while to get over it, but you know," I said. Before, talking about this used to make me tear up and get really upset, but just being with Mitchell made me feel comfortable. Even though I've only known him for today, I feel like I can be my complete self in front of him, without trying to hold back or something.

"Aw, I am so sorry. That's one of the reasons I'm so subjective to dating because I know that if anything like that happened to me, it would take me an extraordinarily long time to become myself again," He spilled to me. I knew exactly what he was talking about.

"Exactly. I don't think I will enter a relationship ever again until I know that the guy is absolutely perfect for me. I can't stand to get hurt again," I told Mitchell.

"And you shouldn't. You're a really nice girl. I'm really glad you came to our school, Harlowe," He told me, making me smile with all my teeth.

"I'm really glad I came here, too. It's the best thing I've decided to do in a really long time, and meeting you and Kyle was pretty amazing, too. I can see the start of a beautiful, beautiful friendship," I chuckled. Mitchell smiled and gave me a hug.

"Ditto," He replied smiling just as wide as I was.

I looked over to his Mac to see what time it was. It was eleven o'clock at night. We had been talking for five hours. I couldn't believe it, the time just went by so smoothly.

"Holy crap, It's eleven o'clock. Do you think you could drive me home?" I asked Mitchell in shock.

"Surely, m'lady," He said with a wink as he swooped up his keys in his left hand. We left the house and sat in the car and chatted for the ten minute ride to my house. When we arrived in front of my house, I looked over to Mitchell who was looking back at me.

"See you tomorrow?" I asked, making sure I'd be seeing my friend again.

"Definitely," He replied and smiled. I returned it, unbuckled my seat belt, and stepped out of the car. With a wave and a honk, Mitchell sped away, leaving me in a smiling daze. I ran up to the house in non-obliterative happiness.
♠ ♠ ♠
not my best chapter, but I still kind of enjoy it.
It makes me so happy how many people like this story.
So keep reading and commenting! It makes me excited :cute: