Status: Hiatus for I have no idea how long

Picture Perfect

008.

I abruptly awoke and was instantly terrified, that is, until I remembered where I was. I looked down and saw Mitchell looking so peaceful. There was a hint of a smile on his lips and that made me think he really did remember, which 'caused an involuntary smile to stretch across my face.

I sat there for a good amount of time and just watched the rise and fall of his breaths as he angelically slept in this stranger's bed. I was so content with doing just this for right now, all other thoughts were cleared from my head.

"Stop watching me, you're making me nervous," He spoke up, making me jump from the sudden noise in the room.

"Sorry," I nervously giggled. He finally opened up his eyes and smiled at me, then continued to rub his eyes and put his glasses on.

We looked at each other, not removing any eye contact, for a while. There was nothing else that we could really do, but then Mitchell said what was on both of our minds.

"I think we should probably talk about last night," He said and started rubbing his head, a hangover headache I was assuming.

"How about later?" I suggested, not feeling like spilling my feelings for him in some creep's bed, in a foreign house, with a bunch of hungover people roaming around.

"Alright, how about we leave here, take showers, and then I'll take you to this one spot I've always loved as a kid?" It sounded quite perfect to me, so I nodded my response and we proceeded out to his car.

****************

It felt so good to be showered and in a new pair of clothes after last night. Thankfully, I got no questions from Ethel or Fred. I guess they were just happy I was making friends, even though you couldn't really consider any of them friends other than Mitchell.

I strolled into the kitchen where my grandparents were. I sat down with my grandpa and studied my grandma as she carefully iced some cupcakes she had just made. The fresh smell of fresh pastries filled my nose.

Then I looked over to Fred, who was intent on finishing the crossword puzzle in the newspaper, although there is always one or two he can never figure out on his own and it bothers him beyond belief.

I saw his face getting that look that he gets when he's stuck on one. I watched to see if he could get it for a few minutes and then figured I could try to assist him.

"What's the question?" I asked him and he jumped.

"Oh, Harlowe, I didn't even see you come in," He chuckled and then continued, "Fight Club star blank Norton," He read out to me.

"Edward Norton, Fred," I said in a shaky voice.

"Something wrong, dear?" Ethel asked, finally breaking her concentration on her award winning cupcakes.

"Some stuff was brought up with Mitchell last night and we're about to go talk about it. I'm just a little nervous," I confessed, knowing my Ethel and Fred would most likely have something useful to say, they almost always did.

"Well, just say everything you feel because in the end, you'll wish you said those things you held back," Ethel suggested and I realized how true that is.

I heard Mitchell's horn honk from outside. I blew a kiss to my grandparents in the kitchen, and exited out my kitchen door. When I got in Mitchell's car, Ready by The Starting Line was playing, one of my favorite songs and he knew that. Little things like that are the things that make me so accustomed to Mitchell.

The song ended and the next one was Transatlanticism by Death Cab For Cutie. Another one of my favorite songs, but before I could ask him why he had such a magical CD in his car, we pulled up to Mitchell's spot.

There was a narrow path, either side covered by large, green trees and we started progressing down it. Neither of us said a word, because I felt like it'd spoil the beauty of this scene, and I think he felt the same way.

After about a five minute walk, we emerged into this green wonderland. There was vibrant green grass everywhere, humongous trees towering over every bit of this meadow, and a little pond that seemed to fit in just perfectly.

We climbed up this tree, which happened to have two branches perfect for having a discussion. We weren't too far away from each other, and we were looking each other dead in the eye.

Mitchell pulled out the CD he was playing in the car and handed it to me. On it said 'This is The Only Idea I've Remembered From in the Shower.' I gave him a quizzical look and he started to explain his obscure CD title.

"Every single time I'm in the shower, I'll think up a great idea but as soon as I get out, I forget everything I thought up in the shower, except for this. This CD that I made for you in the only idea I've ever remembered from the shower and I think it's perfect for you," He smiled and I looked into those beautiful eyes he had on that beautiful face.

"Mitchell, I really do like you and you have no idea how hard that is for me to say," I studied his face as he did the same to me.

"I could only imagine, and Harlowe?" He asked, I cocked an eyebrow, signaling him to continue.

"I've never had feelings for a girl like I have for you and... I really like it," He was smiling ear to ear and I was starting to get butterflies in my stomach.

I reached up to the branch above my head and gently rested the CD on it, keeping it secure so it wouldn't fall to the ground below and break. This CD meant way too much to me to be broken.

I went back down to my previous branch and returned to the eye contact me and Mitchell had before. I could see in Mitchell's eyes that he knew I was plotting some plan in my head and I was.

I smiled a little bit and leaned in, grasping either side of Mitchell's face with my hands and kissed him on the lips with more feeling than I've ever put into anything. His hands lifted up and landed one on my waist and another on the back of my head.

We pulled away and were both smiling wickedly. There were no words to be said, but we both knew what the other was thinking and it was the most picture perfect moment I could possibly think up. I'd never met a boy like Mitchell and meeting him was the best thing that has ever happened to me.

We kissed one more time, then climbed down from the tree.

"Wait here for one second," He said, then ran away in the direction of his car. I stood by myself, smiling like a fool for a few minutes before he returned holding a bulky thing in his arms.

"What is that?" I screamed across the meadow to him. Once he got closer, I realized it was a boom box. He grabbed my CD from my hands and put it in. It started playing the compilation of my favorite songs.

We just laid in the grass, holding hands, listening to a bunch of our favorite songs, and basked in the beauty of this place and the feelings we had for one another.
♠ ♠ ♠
I already wrote this chapter, but rewrote it because I wanted a little interaction with Harlowe and her grandparents.

I still really love this chapter, though.
Who feels like commenting on it again? :XD