Status: Hiatus

Oh Baby, I'm a Fool For You

First Day.

I awoke the next morning to someone banging on my hotel door. I tore myself up and out of bed, pulling on my tank top which had ridden up through the night. Smoothing my hair, I walked to the door and unlocked it and opened it.
"Hey."
I squinted, since all I could see was the silhouette of someone. "Hi?" I asked, suddenly self conscious of my appearance, and hoping that my crossing my arms across my chest was subtle.
"Kaya, it's Will." His hand shot into the room and turned on the lights.
"Ah!" I exclaimed, covering my eyes from the sudden light.
"Sorry, sorry!" He said loudly, then he pried a hand gently from my eyes and held up a bottle of Mountain Dew. "I brought your favorite," he said in a sing-song voice, turning the bottle in his hand.
"Thanks," I said, my eyes finally starting to adjust. "What time is it?"
"It's a little after four in the morning," he told me, forcing the bottle into my hand and shutting the door behind him. "I'm sorry to get you up, but you have to be at the set by five at the latest."
"Ugh," I said, opening the bottle. "You know, I was excited about this until now."
He laughed as I drank greedily from the bottle. "You have 54 minutes," he informed me. "See you soon." With that, he left, but not before stealing one last look at me before he shut the door.
I groaned and immediately crawled back into bed for twenty more minutes of sleep. After my little nap, I brushed out my hair, putting it into a quick ponytail, washed my face and applied a thick layer of black eyeliner. Then I put on a fitting gray t-shirt that read "Harry is my Homeboy," a pair of black flared jeans, and my favorite black and white Chucks. I locked up my room before walking down the near deserted hallway. Arriving in the lobby, I looked around and noticed the building that was a good 100 yards away, and suddenly wished that I had a golf cart. I trudged along the stepping stones, then through grass, and after a ten minute brisk walk I arrived at the set with a few minutes to spare.
Directly upon entering the makeup room, I grabbed my kit and dashed over to where Anna was waiting.
"Hi, good morning," I said hurriedly, taking out the makeup instructions for the scene.
"Hello," she greeted in her English accent, "how was your first night here?"
"Good, thanks," I replied, getting out the chart that depicted how her hair and makeup was to be done.
"Can I give you some advice?" she asked, subconsciously picking at her finger nails.
"Go ahead," I said, confused.
"Boys are fragile. Don't break any hearts during your tenure," she said sincerely.
"What?"
She chuckled and shook her head. "You really are clueless when it comes to love, aren't you?"
"Is it that obvious?" I asked with a laugh, and got to work, finishing her official Narnia look within a half hour.
"There's my favorite makeup artist," Will said as a greeting.
I grinned at him and watched in amusement as his feet tapped against the edge of his chair. "I'm your only makeup artist," I pointed out, taking his head into my hands in order to begin cleaning it.
His skin stretched beneath my palm as he smiled. "You're still my favorite."
My face heated up slightly, but I simply began to run a damp cloth along his forehead. I tried to ignore that his eyes were constantly trying to catch mine, focusing only on the task at hand. I was almost finished with applying his makeup when my phone jingled, informing me that I had a text message.
"You can answer that," he told me, bowing his head a bit so I could comb his hair.
"I'm not supposed to use it during work," I replied, and tilted his head up to look at him and evaluate my work.
He stood up, his whole body pressing against me for a brief, uncomfortable moment, and peered into the mirror. "Go ahead," he said, looking at me through the mirror, "I won't tell anyone."
I laughed and pulled it out, and turned to the mirror to block anyone's view. "I can see you." Turning around, I nearly bumped right into Ben.
"Hello," he said with a wide smile.
"Hey," I greeted, "what are you doing here? We don't shoot your scene until the afternoon."
"I wanted to see you," he said with a shrug.
"Ben," I said in a low warning voice at the sight of him staring at my chest, "my eyes are up here."
He chuckled and his cheeks flushed. "It's not that. I mean, sure they're nice... Hey-" He winced as I punched his arm. "Darling, you're wearing a Harry Potter shirt. Wrong magical movie."
"Oh. Ha," I said, and shifted my weight between my two feet.
Will's hand encircled my wrist as he tugged me towards him. "We have to go," he informed me, and smiled up at Ben. "Good morning, mate."
"Ah, okay, well I'll see you this afternoon," I told Ben.
He tugged me into a quick hug, and departed.
"Let's go," Will said, sliding his hand down to mine and lacing our fingers together. Before I could protest, he led me through a large crowd, and eventually we all piled onto a helicopter.
♠ ♠ ♠
Happy end of summer, all! I think you guys are awesome for reading, and well, just all around awesome. =]