Status: Hiatus

Oh Baby, I'm a Fool For You

Nikolai.

"I'm walking on sunshine, whoa-oh, and don't it feel good?"
I forced my eyes open, and groaned lightly at the brightness that surrounded me. Upon seeing a strange guy just a few feet away, I shut my eyes, hoping that he would think that I was still asleep.
"Hey, stranger girl!" the man said loudly in a New Zealand accent.
A pair of hands forced my eyelids apart. "Hello," he said happily. My eyes refused to adjust. He took his hands away and leaned back. "My name is Nikolai," he informed me, taking a large bite out of an apple.
It was too bright. There were needles in my arms, and a thick bandage around my head. Everything was white, save a bouquet of red roses in the corner of the small room and a white board that was full of big green flowers. "Hospital?" My voice was hoarse and unusual.
"Oh, right, that should have been the first thing I said." He set down his apple core at the foot of my bed and cleared his throat. "That little cart that was dragging Caspian around had a bit of a malfunction and zoomed right at you. It hit you right in the forehead and you passed out. Myself, being Will's PA, got the duty of taking you to the hospital and watching over you. The end." He then picked up his apple and began picking out the seeds with his fingernails.
"Am I okay?"
He shrugged. "Minor concussion, that's all. We've only been here for," he checked his watch, "twenty eight hours. Oh, and you're dehydrated." His big emerald green eyes traveled to my face. "No worries, you'll be discharged soon. And the studio will cover your hospital bills. Lucky duck," he said with a smile, flicking an apple seed at my toes.
"That's gross," I told him.
"Or is it hilarious?" He flicked another seed. And another.
"What's your name again?"
"Nikolai Hewlings, formerly of South Canterbury New Zealand, at your service," he said in a deep voice, standing up so he could stoop into a large, dramatic bow.
"I'm-"
"Kaya Martin, formerly of Newark, New Jersey, the United States of America," he interrupted.
"That's creepy."
"Creepy is what I do best," he told me, and handed me a glass of ice water. "Drink."
I did as he ordered, smiling with relief as the water slid down my aching throat. When I looked up at him again, he was putting a few books into a large black duffel bag. His hair was pitch black, with small bits of red splattered occasionally through. None of his hair was the same length, except for a few layers that poked out that landed just below his shoulders.
He turned around and slung the bag over his shoulder, and rolled up the sleeves of his dark green button down shirt. "It's not polite to stare," he pointed out.
I flushed and looked down at my hands. "I was not staring," I said stubbornly.
"Yeah," he said with a laugh, "and I'm Albus Dumbledore. I know I'm gorgeous, don't deny it," he said as he flipped his hair.
I was about to retort, when the doctor strolled into the room, a tired man with grey hair and bags under his eyes. ""Good afternoon," he greeted. "Ms. Martin, you're free to leave. You'll be fine." He handed Nikolai a few forms, nodded in my direction, and left.
"So this is what it's like to have a kid," Nikolai said, handing me a paper. "Sign this, then we can get your blankie and some ice cream!"
"You are way to caffeinated," I told him, and swung my legs over the bed. "I wouldn't happen to have any clothes here, would I?"
He reopened his duffel bag and handed me a pair of jeans, a plain light violet shirt, and a black zip up hoodie. "There's a ridiculously tiny bathroom by the door."
I nodded at him and went to the small bathroom and changed quickly, careful to avoid the bandage on my head. "Okay, let's go," I said as I walked out, shoving on my sneakers.
"Don't forget your flowers, Ms. New Zealand," Nikolai said as he handed me the large bouquet of roses that once occupied the corner of the room. "They're from the prince himself," he joked.
"Oh, Ben sent them?" I asked in admiration.
He shrugged. "Let's go, your highness."
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm in love with Nikolai. Is that weird? XD