Status: Hiatus

Oh Baby, I'm a Fool For You

Hot Coffee.

"Kaya, there you are! You sort of suck as an assistant."
"Sorry," I hurriedly apologized to Ben as we walked through a set full of potted plants
.
"I haven't even spoken to you in three days," he pointed out.
"It just didn't seem like you needed me." Effectively, I tripped over a pot and landed face down in a sea of bright green ferns. "Shoot," I said to the ground.
"Hey! P.A., get up! We're trying to shoot here!"
I quickly clamored to my feet, grabbing onto Ben's sleeve for balance. "Today's my day," I said quietly.
Ben placed his hand on my back and led me to the crew. "Listen, Kaya, you're my friend, but unfortunately I have to ask you a favor."
"I'm your personal assistant, I'm supposed to be at your beck and call," I replied automatically, the thought of Ben being kissed by another girl entering my mind.
He leaned in close, and said, "you might regret saying that." He instantly pulled back and grinned. "Could you go grab me a coffee, black-"
"-with two cubes of sugar, one ice cube and no cream," I filled in. "I know."
"BEN!"
Ben turned to face the director. "Coming!" he called. Turning back to me, he planted a quick, warm kiss on my forehead, and left.
When I finally returned twenty minutes later, Ben was laying on a table with a giant silver ball being held above him.
"He's supposed to be arguing with a mouse."
"Nikolai!" I exclaimed quietly. "You have to stop sneaking up on me!"
"But you're so cute when you're surprised," he cooed into my ear.
I swatted at his chest, careful not to spill the hot coffee. "You're a huge flirt, you know that?"
He nodded and took the coffee. "I am who I am," he replied, and raised the cup to his lips.
"No no!" I exclaimed, and gently took the cup back. "This is for Ben."
"You didn't bring anything for me? I'm hurt," he said, putting his hand over his heart.
"Hello all."
I looked up at Ben, who had just appeared over my shoulder. "Hi," I said breathlessly. "Here's your coffee," I said, handing it to him.
"Thank you," he said, taking a sip. "Who's this?"
"Oh," I grabbed Nikolai's wrist and tugged him to be standing next to me, "this is Nikolai, he's Will's P.A.."
"Nice to meet you, prince," Nik said with a goofy smile.
Ben chuckled, a fake, dry laugh. "Thanks for the coffee," he said to me, turning so he was standing directly in front of me, "it's perfect. Just like you." He beamed down at me and cupped my cheek gently.
I looked up at him quizzically. "Did you just use a line on me?"
"Maybe. Did it work?" he asked with a cute grin.
"Go back to work," I said, and pushed his shoulder with my fist.
"Kaya," Nikolai suddenly said, "I'm bored, let's go play so I can violate your body."
"WHAT?!" Ben exploded, spinning around with such force that his coffee splashed onto my neck.
I shrieked at the sudden burning sensation that crossed my neck.
"Oh my god, Kaya, are you okay?" Nikolai yelled, grabbing my arm gently and tilting my head to the side.
"Kaya!" Ben exclaimed, his voice taut with fear. "I am so sorry!"
I crumbled to the floor and tenderly poked at the newly scarred skin. "He was just joking," I said softly. "It's a video game."
"I'll get you to the doctor," Ben said, and tenderly picked me up from under the arms.
"You have to film. I'll take her." Nikolai put his arm around my waist and began taking me towards the exit.
I looked back and saw the director leading Ben back to set. I met Ben's eyes, and I could tell that he wanted to come after us.
♠ ♠ ♠
So... My loyal readers, who I very much adore, the next chapter will make you giddy. I promise. ;D