Status: Hiatus

Oh Baby, I'm a Fool For You

Confession.

"Wow!" I exclaimed in wonder. I was standing at the entrance of the kingdom of Telmar; the set, that is. It was giant, and so real! The color scheme was grays and blacks, and everything looked like stone. The gateway I was standing under was probably twenty feet tall, making me feel so minuscule.

"Aww, Kaya you're too cute!" Nikolai squealed, coming from behind to wrap his arms around my shoulders. "Your face, it's just so..."

"Adorable?" Ben filled in from my right.

"That's a good one," Nikolai replied, not letting go of me as we walked.

"Shut up, the both of you," I ordered playfully.

"Never," Nik said, squeezing me tightly and biting the tip of my ear.

Uh-oh. "Nikolai," I said slowly. All of a sudden I felt a sharp pain against my butt.

"Yes darling?"

"Are you wearing a belt buckle?"

"Of course. Today it's Wolverine!"

"You're killing me," I told him.

He leaped back, releasing me. "Ah!" he screamed. "Did I hurt your perfect ass?" he asked frantically.

"Hey!" Ben shouted, grabbing onto my elbow and yanking me away from Nikolai. "Mate," he started, holding my hand tightly, "I'm okay with you being Kaya's friend, but that's too much."

Nikolai sucked in his bottom lip, his eyes sad and apologetic.

I have to admit, I liked the constant attention that Nikolai gave me. I liked the hugs and the touches, only because I knew that he didn't like me romantically. He was just a big flirt that truly liked me. But when he kissed me or bit me or touched me close to my personal parts I had minor freak outs. But that's usually when Ben saves me or I find a way to change the subject.

"I'm sorry," he said, his whole face pouting. "I won't hug you anymore."

"Nik-" I started.

"Just keep your hands away from her... Stuff." Ben said. Secretly, his hand traveled down and rested on my butt; not in a sexual way, in an odd, comforting sort of way.

"Understood!" Nik replied, standing straight and saluting Ben.

"Hey there!"

We all turned to see Will and Anna walking up to us, already in costume.

"Hey," I greeted back.

"How are you, Kaya?" Will asked as he stopped a couple of feet in front of me.

My mind flashed to when I woke up on him in the hot tub. "Good," I murmured.

"How much longer are you on hiatus from make-up?" Anna asked.

Thankful for the change of subject, I replied, "I get to start again after the two week break. Why, did you miss me?"

Anna took a step closer and whispered, "The new girl singed off some of my hair with a curling iron and every time she does my mascara she gets most of it in my eye."

I winced. "If I knew it was going to be that bad I would have stayed away from Ben and his coffee," I joked.

"Oh yes," Anna drawled, "it's your fault she got hurt." She glared at Ben for a moment.

"Nope!" Nikolai chimed in. "Actually, it was mine!"

"Really?" Will asked.

"But I've been forgiven so let's just forget about it, kay?" Nikolai said rhetorically. "Let's go explore, Kit-Kat!" he exclaimed loudly, grabbing my hand.

"Uh, Nik-" I started. "You do realize that we're assistants, right? We're supposed to assist."

"Go explore," Ben told me. "Just come back soon. I'll need some assisting, if that's what you're after." He winked blatantly at me.

Will scoffed softly, and ignoring Ben's look he said to Nikolai, "Don't get lost."

It didn't take ten minutes for us to get lost.

"Why did you let me lead?" Nikolai whined as we walked down a dark brick hallway.

"How could I not?" I asked, trying to think of a nice way to tell him to let go of my hand; his was all sweaty. "You dragged me through the castle as high speeds!"

"Retrace steps," he murmured as he stopped, causing me to run into his back. "Maybe if we turn around-"

"We've turned around eight times," I interrupted, flexing my fingers that were being held tightly.

"I think we should take a break," he said, tapping his chin. Sitting down, he yanked me into his lap, wrapping his arms around me and laying my head against his shoulder.

"Nik-"

"Do you know why you're my best friend?" he asked suddenly as he gently rocked me back and forth.

Best friend? I'm his best friend, really? "W-Why?"

"You're like a kitty," he said simply. "You're adorable and vulnerable and you need protection and love. You're my personal kitty Kit-Kat."

I pursed my lips. "I'm not sure if I should take that as a compliment or an insult."

"I love you."

I could feel my eyes widen and my heart speed up. "Uh," I started uncomfortably, his arms suddenly too tight.

"Not in a "I want to have wild, passionate sex with you" sort of way," he said hurriedly. "You're hot, don't get me wrong," he said quickly.

"Okay, Nik you're sort of freaking me out," I admitted as I attempted to stand up.

His arms tightened dramatically. Was he always this strong? "I'm going about this all wrong," he muttered. "My mind is all-" he made a noise mimicking an explosion. "I'm not good at talking about serious things," he admitted. With a sigh, he stroked my hair for a moment. "You're my best friend," he said quietly, as if scared someone would hear him, "and I love you. I wouldn't trade you for anyone in the world. Not even Hugh Jackman, and that means a lot!"

I laughed, truly touched. "Thank you, Nikolai," I replied, grinning up at him.

He was staring straight forward, a weird smile on his lips.

"I love you too, not in the sex way, but in the friend way," I clarified.

He groaned and hung his head slightly. "You're not going to let me forget about that, are you?" he asked.

"What, that you don't want to have, what was it? Oh yeah, wild, passionate sex with me?" I teased, poking his chest.

Standing up, he left me on the floor, then turned around and crouched. "Your carriage awaits, m'lady," he said, gesturing to his back.

I couldn't keep my smile back as I climbed onto his back, wrapping my arms around his shoulders and my legs around his hips. I knew he was just trying to change the subject but I was okay with that. I could always tease him later. "Hey Nik?" I said as he started walking, putting his hands back to hold me up.

"Yes darling?"

"I'm really glad I met you," I mumbled, glad he couldn't see my face. "I've never really had a best friend before, besides my sister, I mean." It was a shameful fact, but it was true. I've had friends before, yeah, but never a best friend. "Thank you."

"Anything for you, darling," he replied. "Let's say we keep this little moment of ours under our hats, yes?" he said as a light could be seen from the end of the hallway.

"It's a deal," I told him, and leaned forward to kiss his cheek.

"Why do I get a feeling that I get more action from you than your prince does?"

"I never thought of that," I admitted. "I don't really think of it."

"How far have you two gone," he asked as the natural light drew nearer.

I blushed, but once again I was grateful that he couldn't see my face. "Not very," I admitted softly. "We just kiss a lot. I'm... To be honest I'm too scared to go farther."

"It's not a crime, love," he assured me. "When you're ready, you're ready. If he can't handle that then he's a jerkface."

"Jerkface?"

"You heard me!" he said loudly.

"You're so loud!" I chastised, slapping his shoulder.

"Jerkface!" he retorted as we finally stepped outside. "Hey Kit-Kat, we're saved!" He pointed down.

We were standing on the top of the set, looking down at the courtyard where the crew and some of the cast had gathered.

"We need stairs," I murmured, looking around. "Ah!" I squeezed his side with my left leg. "That way, mush!"

"Oi, I'm not your dog!" he complained, but he went to the left anyway. We made our way down the stairs to meet the crew and cast, and when we weren't' acknowledged we just stood awkwardly to the side. "Can you keep a secret?" Nikolai asked.

"Yeah, what is it?"

"I wasn't lost," he replied. "I just wanted to tell you that with no interruptions and no witnesses. I don't want people thinking I have a serious side."

"Your secret is safe with me, dork."

"No, no!" he whined. "I am a nerd, Kaya, a NERD. Not a dork. Geez, get it right."

"Sorry, sorry," I replied, grinning. "You know what we should do?"

"What's that?"

"Find Ben."

He groaned and started walking around the edge of the circle of people. "You just want to make out with him when he has his costume on."

I flushed bright red. "I can't help it that I'm attracted to princes," I said meekly.

"You're so cute," Nikolai told me. "Now let's go find your make out buddy."
♠ ♠ ♠
La la la.. I feel bad for not posting more frequently. Sorry guys!