Status: Hiatus

Oh Baby, I'm a Fool For You

Deal.

"So tired," I groaned, crossing my arms over my eyes. I was laying with my head in Nikolai's lap while he braided my hair. We were waiting for the cast to finish shooting their fight scenes in one of the rooms built into the set of the castle.

"Just sleep," he murmured, his fingers lightly tugging at my hair. "I'll wake you up when it's time to go."

An hour later Nikolai was shaking my shoulder gently. "Sweetheart," he whispered.

I groaned and stretched in an exaggerated fashion. "Five more minutes?" I asked desperately.

"Your prince is here."

"Well aren't you modest," I murmured, squeezing my eyes shut.

"Ky?"

My eyes snapped open at Ben's voice. He was standing over me in plain clothes, his face tired.

"Hey there," I replied. "Ready to go?"

"Yeah, if you are."

I sat up and straightened my shirt. "I'll see you tomorrow, Nik?"

"Definitely, sweetie," he said and kissed my cheek lightly before standing up from the cold stone floor.

Ben took my hand and pulled me to my feet. He held my hand all the way back to the hotel. Without even exchanging my words we ended up in his hotel room. "Are you okay?" he whispered as he slipped off his jeans revealing his boxers.

I nodded lazily as I walked to his dresser, pulling out one of his long shirts. Not even caring that he would see my underwear, I took off my jeans, t-shirt and hoodie and slipped the knee length shirt on.

Ben came up behind me and ran a hand against my hair, then began gently tugging at it. "That guy really did a number on your hair," he commented quietly.

"Not my fault," I replied, my eyes fluttering shut as his every touch sent shivers down my spine. "I was asleep the whole time."

"The movie life isn't exciting enough for you?"

"It would be more exciting if the man I'm personal assistant to would give me something to do," I teased, turning around to look at him.

He kissed my nose and walked to the side of the bed, slipping under the covers. He lifted up the blankets and gestured at them with his free hand.

I crawled into his queen sized bed and leaned my head against his shoulder.

"How was your day?" he asked as he slipped an arm around my torso.

"Long," I murmured against his shirt. "The crew saw that Nikolai and I didn't have anything to do so they put us to work."

"What did they make you do?"

I loved the way I could feel his voice vibrating in his chest. "We had to hold up those silver ball things that are going to be animals later on," I told him. "We had to run back and forth across the same room fourteen times. I think my bones melted."

He picked up my hand that was flat against his chest and brought it to his lips, kissing it softly. "No, still there," he murmured.

We lay there in silence for a few minutes, and I let myself drift off towards sleep.

"Hey," he said, interrupting my attempt at sleeping.

"What?" I groaned loudly, turning my head so my face was hidden against his shoulder.

"We've got that two week break coming up," he murmured.

"Yeah," I muttered.

"You're getting drool on my shirt."

I blushed slightly in embarrassment, but said, "I'm too tired to care."

"Anyway," he said, a laugh escaping his lips as he twirled my braided hair around his fingers, "the two week break: what are you planning on doing?"

"Going home," I admitted. "I miss Veronica and Jonah." When he didn't answer,
I raised my head and squinted at him in the dark. "Ben?"

"Could I... Could I come with you?" he asked quietly.

"Back home? To my home?" I asked incredulously. He wanted to meet my family?

"Yeah," he murmured. "Just for the first week though. My parents are expecting me to visit them sometime."

Butterflies stirred in my stomach. I raised my head and propped myself up so I was looming over him, staring down at his open eyes. "You really want to meet my family?" I asked.

He sucked in his bottom lip and nodded slightly. "And vice versa."

"Hm?"

"I... I want you to meet my family too."

Sitting up, I stuck one hand out in front of him.

He examined my waiting hand for a moment, then took it in his, shaking it gently.

"Deal," I said happily.

"Deal."
♠ ♠ ♠
It's sorta a filler chapter. I had to make time go by somehow!
Anyway... I've gotten quite a few questions about Nikolai's sexual orientation. The answer: He's Nikolai. I don't want to label him. I like him the way he is.
Thanks for reading, and as always, you guys rock. :D