Status: Hiatus

Oh Baby, I'm a Fool For You

Awkward Departure.

My suitcases were piled high on my hotel bed, stuffed with my clothing and toiletries. I had been packing for over an hour, and I finally got everything to fit into the one large suitcase, the smaller one, and my carry-on. Okay, that was sort of a lie. My largest suitcase wouldn't close. I got the zipper almost all the way around though!
A knock on my door caused me to jump and dash over to it. I swung open the door and grinned. "Hey Will!" I exclaimed, pushing my loose hair over my shoulder. "What's up?"
"Just wanted to make sure I could say goodbye before you left," he admitted. "Are you okay?" he asked, furrowing his eyebrows.
"Yeah, of course!" I exclaimed. "Why?"
"Your face is all red and you're sweating," he said with a laugh. His hand came forward and he pushed my sweaty bangs from my forehead, and his hand rested against my cheek. It stayed there too long, and I realized he had taken a step forward.
"Will?"
He blinked rapidly and turned his hand around, his fingers against my cheek. "Yeah, you're burning up," he said, his cheeks lithgly turning red. He moved his hand and put it awkwardly behind his back. "Well..."
"Oh!" I exclaimed, stepping back to open my door more. "Could you help me with something?"
"Sure," he said brightly, "what is it?"
"My zipper is stuck," I said with a laugh, scratching the back of my head. "Care to help me?"
For some reason, his eyes widened and he nodded slowly. "Are you sure?"
"Yeah," I said with a laugh, "why wouldn't it be?"
"Ben..." he said, his voice trailing off.
"He's not here right now," I said, gesturing for him to come inside.
"Okay," he said, coming in and shutting the door behind him. "Come here," he said lowly, walking towards me.
"Okay?" I replied, taking one step towards him.
His hands came forward, shaking. His fingers landed on the zipper of my jeans and pulled it down. He was pushing my jeans off my hips before I could fully react.
"Will!" I squeaked, grabbing my pants and securing them around my hips I jumped away from him and turned around, zipping them back up. "What do you think you're doing?" My face was bright red and my breathing was coming out in short bursts.
"You were talking about your... That's why I asked about Ben and-" He was tripping over his words.
"My suitcase!" I squealed, pointing at it.
"Oh." The realization was relevant in his voice. He walked over to it and sat down on the top, pulling the zipper shut with ease. "Kaya, I-"
"It's fine," I said. It wasn't.
"Kaya-"
"Well I better get going," I said, turning around and putting a fake smile on my face.
"Don't be angry, I didn't mean to-"
"Will," I said, realizing that what I said could have easily been interpreted as... well, something else. "You're the king of creating awkward situations," I told him with a chuckle.
"So if I asked for a hug goodbye, it would be more awkward?" he asked. He slid off the suitcase and put it on the ground for me.
I wiggled my toes in the inside of my shoes. "Not really," I told him.
"Good," he said, grinning. With that, he stepped forward and hugged me so briefly that I didn't even have a chance to hug him back. "I'll see you in two weeks," he murmured. "And again, sorry about the..." he gestured to my crotch.
"Uh," I said awkwardly, "never happened."
"Exactly. Thanks, Kaya." He flashed me one last smile and crossed to the door. He opened it up and revealed Nikolai. "Hey, mate," he greeted on his way out.
"Is Kaya still there?" he asked hurriedly.
"Yeah she's-"
"Kaya!" Nikolai wailed, pushing past Will and causing my door to swing shut. "I'm going to miss you so much!" Nikolai screamed, soaring across my hotel room and tackling me onto the bed.
Catching my breath, I returned his awkward hug. "It's two weeks, I think you'll survive," I told him with a light chuckle.
"No!" he wailed, clinging to my torso. "I can't live without my best friend!"
I rolled my eyes, struggling to breathe. "Nik... Yeah, I love you too, but I love air more."
He let me go and stood up, a tear leaking out of his left eye. "There's no air without my Kit-Kat!"
"Okay, are you almost done?" I teased, standing to wipe the tear away.
"Done with what?"
"Sweetie," I started, taking his hand that was covered in neon green fishnet, "Hollywood would be jealous."
His eyes brightened. "Oh, I KNOW, I'm so fabulous! Did you believe me? Was I believable?" he asked with excess enthusiasm.
"Yes, very much," I laughed, squeezing his hand.
"No but seriously," he said, taking my other hand and raising them between us, "I'm going to miss you."
"Aw, me too. But it's only two weeks. And hey, I'll bring you an apple from America."
"Love you, darling!" he exclaimed, and kissed my cheek swiftly. "Now I must catch a plane to my homeland."
"Say hi to Hobbitville for me!" I called as he opened the door.
"Shut it, darling!" he called back, closing the door silently behind him.
I laughed, and finished zipping up my suitcases. The door opened again. "Love you too, Nik!" I yelled with a smile.
"Nikolai? Oh, I'm insulted," Ben drawled playfully.
I jumped and turned around, seeing Ben leaning on his suitcase. "Sorry Ben, Nikolai was in here being all crazy."
"And you mistook me for him?" he asked, closing the door behind him.
"Um," I said softly, blushing pink, "maybe?"
"But I'm taller," he said, advancing slowly, "and more masculine. I'm more handsome." He was standing right up against me. "I'm funnier. I'm pretty much perfect," he teased with a wink.
"Shut up," I told him with a laugh, and went on my tiptoes to gently bite his lower lip. "We have to go, stud."
He groaned and locked his hands behind my back. "You always do this."
"Do what?"
"Get me going and then go."
"I don't know what you mean," I said, knowing all too well what he was talking about. I sent him a devilish smile and tried to wiggle free of his grasp, with no success.
Ben swooped down and caught my lips with his, grinding his hips lightly against mine. My breath caught in my throat as he pried my lips apart.
I relaxed into the embrace and tangled my fingers in hair.
That's when he stopped. He took a step back and said, "let's go."
"But... Hey!" I called. "That's not fair!"
♠ ♠ ♠
I just sneezed. I'm not feeling too creative right now, so this note is going to be short and pointless. Yep... Sorry for wasting your time! xD