Status: Hiatus

Oh Baby, I'm a Fool For You

Sparks

"Three more days," I groaned unhappily.
Ben and I had spent a little under four days as Veronica's house, and after the next three days were up, we were supposed to go to London to visit Ben's family (which I was super nervous about).
"You'll be back before you know it," he comforted, rubbing my shoulders from behind me.
"I'm excited to go with you," I assured him, "but I'm just going to miss Veronica and Jonah so much!"
"Auntie Kaya!"
Ben and I both sat up straight on the living room couch just in time for Jonah to climb up in between us.
"Hey buddy," I said, ruffling his dark hair.
"Mommy says to go outside, she has a surprise for you."
I could feel my eyes widened as I looked over at my boyfriend. "That's never good."
"What, you don't like surprises," he teased, standing up and stepping in front of me. He extended both of his hands and waited for me to take them.
"Come on, Kaya, you gotta go!" Jonah said, pushing my arm with his little hands.
"Fine," I groaned, though I was getting nervous. Veronica's surprises usually ended with me covered in some sort of liquid that's impossible to wash off. Finally, I took Ben's hands and let him pull me to my feet.
"I'll protect you," he whispered in my ear, gripping my waist and pulling me tightly to his side.
I flushed bright red and put my free arm around him, closing the space between us even more.
The two of us reached the backyard, Jonah behind us pushing lightly on the back of my leg.
"I don't see her," I murmured, craning my head to get a look out of the back door window.
"It's a surprise, you're not supposed to," Ben laughed.
"Go, go, go!" Jonah insisted, giving my leg a hard push.
"Fine!" I exclaimed, and pulled the door open, stepping onto the soft grass. "Veronica," I called, taking cautious steps out as I scanned the yard anxiously. "I don't think she's out-" I stopped talking when I realized that Ben and Jonah were no longer behind me. "Guys?" I called, trying to make sure that I could see every part of the yard as I turned. "This isn't funny! I don't like what you guys are planning!"
Suddenly I was pelted from all sides, cold water covering me from head to toe.
"Gotcha!" Veronica squealed.
Icy water ran down my forehead, dripping to the ground. I pushed my bangs from my eyes and sputtered, trying to get all the water out of my mouth. On the ground was several exploded balloon pieces. "I hate you all!"
"No you don't," Ben said from my left.
As I glanced at him, I could see a large bucket of water balloons at his feet. "You're right," I purred, putting on a smile. I shuffled up to him and stood just inches away.
"Do you forgive me?" he asked, that smile I loved so much playing on his lips.
"Of course," I murmured, going up on my tiptoes for a kiss.
His eyes fluttered shut as he leaned down to receive the kiss.
I quickly grabbed a balloon and smashed it against his head, water spraying over both of us.
"Ah!" he yelled, jumping backwards.
I snatched the whole bucket, spun around, and began assaulting Veronica and Ben with balloons. "Hahaha!" I laughed maniacally as I launched balloon after balloon at them. A screech erupted from my throat when a cold blast of water hit my lower back. Spinning around and dropping the bucket, I saw Jonah poised behind me with a water gun, aimed and ready to shoot. "Jonah," I said, putting my hands up as if I was surrendering, "you wouldn't spray your favorite Auntie Kaya, would you?"
He answered me with a blast to the face.
Amidst the water to the face, my bucket of ammunition was stolen, and again I was pummeled from all angles. "What is this, Get Kaya Day?" I exclaimed as I shielded my face.
"We love you, darling!" Veronica cooed as she threw a balloon that exploded against my stomach.
Squinting my eyes in order to see, I target Ben and ran at him, jumping onto him. I wrapped all my limbs around him, getting his clothes all wet.
In the end, Ben and I ended up wrestling each other on the ground, and Veronica quickly ushered her son inside.

"I feel kind of bad leaving Jonah at home by himself," I murmured that same night.
Veronica, Ben and I went out to a local bar to get some drinks, and my sister had found a babysitter for Jonah at the last minute. Apparently, the babysitter was one that Veronica used frequently, and Jonah had a little bit of a crush on her.
"I know, but I love getting dressed up to go out with friends," Veronica said, leaning her elbows against the bar. She was wearing a knee length black dress that showed off a good portion of her back, and a modest neckline. She finished it off with gold bangles and high heeled black shoes.
"Where are your friends, anyway?" I asked, scanning the abnormally crowded bar.
"They're on their way," she reassured me. "Stop fussing with your top," she snapped as I fidgeted with the thin spaghetti straps.
"I feel awkward," I murmured shyly. My sister had dressed me up in a deep violet tank top with thin straps that showed off too much of my chest (in my opinion), and a short black skirt with knee high black boots.
"I think you look great," Ben said from next to me, squeezing my hand that was resting on the bar.
"Suck-up," I teased, kicking him lightly.
He wore a black t-shirt underneath a button-up plaid shirt that was open, and dark jeans. "For good reason," he teased right back, ruffling my straightened hair.
"Oh, there they are!" Veronica jumped up from her stool and began waving frantically at someone I couldn't see. Curse shortness!
"Who is here?" I asked her before taking a sip of my martini.
"Amilee and Skandar," she called back, still waving.
I could feel the smile stretch across my face.
"You know them," Ben asked.
"Skandar has been Veronica's best friend since she was eight, and Amilee and her went to college together," I explained.
Two people emerged from the throngs of bar-hoppers; a tall woman with short and spiky platinum blond hair with bright pink highlights, with thick rimmed black glasses upon her nose. She wore a blue and black striped long sleeved shirt beneath a white jumper, which was splatter painted with bright, neon colors. She wore beat up red sneakers and neon purple fishnet tights. Her wardrobe reminded me of Nikolai. (Note to self: mention Amilee to Nikolai)
Next to her was an even taller man with short, messy black hair. He had big, bright green eyes and his bottom lip was pierced. He wore a tight black shirt, which showed off every muscle, and jeans.
"Hey!" Veronica yelled, running to them to throw her arms around both of them.
They hugged her back, smiles on both of their faces.
"Come see Kaya!" she exclaimed, grabbing their hands and dragging them over to me.
"Ky-Ky!" Amilee squealed, pulling me off the stool and into a big, air depriving hug. "I missed you so much! I'm so sorry me and Skandar couldn't make your welcome back party!"
"I missed you too," I choked out, patting her back repeatedly. I finally pulled back and grinned at her. "It's okay. I'm glad I get to see you before I leave again!"
"Aren't you forgetting something?" Skandar said in his deep voice from beside Amilee.
Rolling my eyes, I stepped in front of him. "I wouldn't forget you," I teased, punching his shoulder lightly.
Skandar caught my fist and spun me around so my back was flattened against his chest, and his arms were around me. "I missed you, kid," he said.
I could feel his lips kiss the top of my head and my face heated up.
"Oh," Veronica said, brushing past us to stand next to Ben. "This is Kaya's boyfriend, Ben," she said, leaning her arm against his shoulder.
I can't believe I momentarily forgot about my own boyfriend. Prying Skandar's arms from around me, I stumbled forward and bumped into Ben. "Hi," I giggled.
Ben slid off the stool to stand up straight, putting his arm around me, his hand resting on my hip. "Nice to meet you," he said to Amilee, stretching out a hand for her to shake.
She took it and shook his hand vigorously. "You are SO cute!" she squealed. "You got a good one, Ky-Ky. Much better than that Levi dick."
Eventually, she released Ben's hand, allowing him to stretch it toward Skandar.
"Good to meet you, man," Skandar said, gripping Ben's hand.
"Likewise," Ben said, though his voice did not sound like he was all that happy about it. Ben quickly released his hand, stepping back so he was directly next to me again.
Glancing up, I could see Ben's eyes; they were dark, and a bit threatening, and the look he was creating was just for Skandar. From that moment on, I knew that the night had just gotten more interesting.
♠ ♠ ♠
I got to school three hours early to study for an exam... And I spent half of that time writing this for you guys. Hope you like it! :D