Status: Hiatus

Oh Baby, I'm a Fool For You

Hidden Desires

The five of us crammed into a half-circle booth by a small area where people were dancing. I ended up sitting between Ben and Skandar.
"How you doing, baby?" Ben murmured as the other three in our group spoke loudly.
"Fine," I assured him, leaning my head against his shoulder. "I sort of want to go home," I admitted.
"Why?"
I squirmed slightly and sighed. "I don't like this shirt," I whispered, referring to the low cut tank top Veronica had me wear.
Ben scooted his way out of the booth and extended a hand towards me.
"What are you doing?" I asked, taking his hand anyway and allowing him to pull me to my feet.
"Where are you guys going?" Skandar asked from behind us.
"We're going to dance," Ben said simply, and pulled me through the crowd to the opposite side of the shabby dance floor.
"Dance?" I squeaked, squeezing his hand.
Ben chuckled and took off the open button down shirt he was wearing over his t-shirt and handed it to me. "We needed some excuse to get away," he said simply.
I slipped his shirt on and closed it tightly over my chest. "You're the best," I said, and went on my tip-toes to wrap my arms around his neck.
He squeezed me around the waste and rocked us back and forth.
"We should probably get back to them," I said, pointing to the booth where all of my friends were looking at us. "What do you think of Skandar and Amilee?" I asked. I stepped back and pressed myself against his side, my arms traveling to clasp around his hips.
He shrugged slightly and let one arm drape around my shoulders. "I'd rather spend time with only one person," he murmured.
"Aw, they're not that bad," I replied. "Ah," I said quietly, seeing Skandar motioning for us to come back. "Maybe we should get back."
Skandar started motioning more quickly to us.
"What's his problem?" Ben sneered.
"Come on," I said, letting him go and quickly making my way through the people, assuming Ben was following close behind. "What is it?" I asked as I slid in next to him.
"Get under the table, Kaya," Skandar ordered lowly, pushing on my shoulder.
"Excuse me?" I asked, flabbergasted.
"Kaya!" Veronica hissed. "Zeke is here."
Oh no. I could feel my body go slightly limp as Skandar pushed me frantically underneath the table. My bare knees against the cold, disgusting floor, I leaned against Skandar's leg, unintentionally holding onto it.
"What the hell are you doing to my girlfriend?"
I saw Ben's shoes out of the corner of my eye; he was standing in front of the table.
"Ben," Veronica said. I assume she pulled him down next to her because suddenly he was sitting. "Zeke is here."
"Where?" Ben responded automatically, his voice angry.
"You have to leave, dude," Skandar said.
"Hell no," Ben snapped, "I'm not leaving Kaya." His hand suddenly was resting palm up on his knee.
Letting go of Skandar, I shifted so I was sitting between Ben's feet and holding onto his hand.
He squeezed my hand, trying to comfort me.
"If Zeke sees you here he'll know that Kaya is here too," Veronica reasoned.
"Then I'll take her with me. I don't want to leave-"
"Zeke would recognize Kaya no matter what direction she's facing," Amilee chimed in.
From the inside of my boot, I quickly composed a text message meant for Veronica. "How do they know about Zeke?" I sent it and went back to squeezing my boyfriend's hand.
"Go wait in the bathroom. When the coast is clear, Skandar will come in and get you," Veronica offered. "Ben, I don't want Kaya to get hurt either. But you have to believe me that I'll protect her."
I couldn't help it; my eyes started watering. It was so sweet...
"You better hurry up, I think he sees us," Amilee muttered hurriedly.
"Keep her safe." Ben squeezed my hand one more time before he literally ran away from the table and into the crowds.
Without his hand I felt so unsafe. I felt cold, as if I was sitting on the ground naked.
A pair of black shoes appeared at the edge of the table. "Hey, Ronnie," Zeke said, referring to Veronica by the nickname she despised.
"Hi," she responded.
"So where's Kaya?" he asked.
I froze.
"She's getting ready to go back to work," Veronica said. "She's leaving."
"When?" Zeke demanded.
"Soon," was all Veronica said. "Well, it was great running into you," she said dismissively.
"She's here, isn't she?" Zeke asked in a low voice, leaning against the table. "I just want to talk to her, that's all. You shouldn't believe her silly little lies."
"She's not here," Veronica growled.
"Ronnie, don't jerk me around," he said in a threatening tone. "Bring your little sister back from wherever that British guy took her to, and everything will be okay."
I moved my hand to squeeze Amilee's hand that was on the seat next to her.
"Get lost," Veronica sneered, standing up. "Kaya does not want to see you, or hear from you ever again, and I'm gunna do my best to make sure her wishes are followed. Now you get the hell away from us before I do something we both won't like."
"Ronnie..."
"Get out of here!" Skandar snarled.
"Boyfriend?" Zeke asked Veronica.
Veronica and Skandar both rose to their feet. "Out!" they both roared.
Zeke took a tentative step backwards. "I'll come by later then," he said simply, and turned around, retreating from the table.
"Go get Ben, we're leaving," Veronica hissed. "Amilee, give her your scarf."
Amilee slipped a black polka dotted scarf under the table and I took it, putting it over my head, tying it behind my neck.
"I'll be back, Ky," Skandar said, and blindly felt for me before patting my shoulder. Then he stood up and walked away briskly.
"Ky, we're going out the back," Veronica said.
Crawling from under the table, I quickly scanned for Zeke, and when I didn't see him anywhere, I ran through the crowd to the back exit.
"Okay, so what now?" Amilee asked, joining me along with Veronica.
"Wait for Ben, then go home and watch a movie," I murmured, eying the back door.
The door opened and Ben and Skandar emerged.
Ben grinned widely and walked to my side, leaning down to kiss me.
"Let's go home," I said softly.
"Couldn't agree more."

As soon as we got back to Veronica's house, Ben and I changed into pajamas and climbed into my bed. With Christmas being just a couple of days away, winter had set in and we were under piles of blankets. Though to be honest, the best kind of heat is that from Ben.
"Sorry about the bar," Ben said.
"At least I got out of that stupid outfit," I laughed, gripping my cotton pajama pants. "I can't wait to leave so I don't have to see that jerk again."
"I wish I could have protected you from him," he mumbled, tightening his grip around me.
"Well under the circumstances... But now you're here," I said softly, snuggling closer to him. I slipped one of my legs between his as I turned on my side to press my chest against his side. Leaning up, I lightly kissed the side of his neck repeatedly while resting my free hand on his chest. "I love you," I murmured against his skin.
Tilting his head, he caught my lips with his own and kissed me softly before sighing. "Time to go to bed," he said abruptly, turning his head completely away from me.
"What?" I said questioningly.
"I love you too," he said as he leaned over me to turn off the side lamp, leaving us in complete darkness.
Shrugging slightly, I positioned myself to rest my head in the crook of his neck, then closed my eyes.
Out of nowhere, Ben flipped over so he was straddling my hips on his knees. "I love you so much," he murmured, and leaned down to start kissing down the side of my neck.
I let a smile tug at my lips as I put my hands in his hair.
He put his lips back on mine and we kissed passionately, pressing our bodies together as close as they would go.
Reaching down, I tugged at the hem of his plain t-shirt and slid it up, pulling it over his head only to run my hands up and down his chest and back. His skin was so smooth and warm...
"Ky," he moaned as he kissed down my jaw. One of his free hands ran down my torso, resting on my semi-flat stomach. With a groan of encouragement from me, he took off my tank top, revealing my completely naked torso. "You're so beautiful," he said as he leaned back.
"Stop staring," I groaned, squirming under his watching eyes.
"Sorry," he muttered, and he began kissing and lightly touching my chest.
It only took a minute for me to freeze.
"Here," Ben said, getting off of me to hand me my shirt.
I turned my back in shame and pulled the tank top over my head, feeling more comfortable with the fabric covering me. "I'm so sorry," I told him as I turned back, searching for him in the darkness.
Gently taking my hand, he pulled me down so I was resting against him. "How many times to I have to tell you, I'm not going to pressure you for sex."
"I know, but I feel bad, you've been so patient with me." I hid my head against his shoulder.
He laughed and squeezed me, draping his arm over my hip. "I love you, you silly, silly girl."
"You better," I teased meekly.
With that, we both drifted off to sleep, warm in each others arms.
♠ ♠ ♠
Your comments on this story emit many, many girly squeals from me. You guys are seriously the best! I can't believe I haven't updated this story in so long... I'M SO SORRY! I really gotta get on this. Anyway, I made sure this chapter was a little longer than normal. Though I have to admit, even though he's not the main focus of the story, I miss Nikolai. He's not supposed to come back for a while, but maybe that should change.. Bwahaha!
Thanks again for all the support you guys have given me!