Status: Hiatus

Oh Baby, I'm a Fool For You

Reality

That afternoon, I reluctantly left my family. Veronica drove Ben and I to the airport, with Jonah sulking in the back seat. After several hugs from my sister and my nephew, we were off, but not before Jonah called Ben 'Uncle Ben'. Ben was so happy about that, I can't even explain.
After an eight hour flight, plus the five hour time difference, Ben and I were getting our luggage off the conveyor belt in London at about five in the morning.
"So tired," I said softly, dragging myself to the belt where my hot pink suitcase was slowly coming towards me.
"I told you to sleep on the plane," Ben murmured beside me as he picked up his own suitcase.
I shook my head. "In front of all those strangers?"
He sighed and picked up my suitcase for me. "Where is your other one?" he asked.
The bright yellow bag came towards me and I picked it up, slinging it over my shoulder. I picked up my carry-on and held it tightly, following Ben through the airport in silence.
He hailed a cab and we loaded our luggage into the trunk, then he gave the driver an address. "Are you okay?" he asked me as I leaned my head against his shoulder.
"Where are we going?" I asked, avoiding the question.
"My parents house," he said quietly.
I jolted up, suddenly feeling more awake. "What?" I squeaked.
"Don't worry," he said, running his fingers through my hair, "they'll be asleep by the time we get there. You'll have to meet them in the morning though."
"Why can't we go to your place?" I asked, pouting.
"Because they live closer and my girlfriend is very tired."
I wrinkled up my nose. "You only said that so I can't be mad at you."
"Exactly," he said with a twinkle in his eye.
I sighed and crossed my arms childishly, watching him smirk from the corner of my eye.
Twenty minutes later we arrived at a black wrought iron gate.
"Stay here," Ben said as he got out of the car. He walked over to a keypad on the stone fence, typed in a code, and the gates opened. He got back in the car and we began driving up a winding path.
"Where are we?" I asked, peering out the windows.
"My parents house."
"They're rich," I said in awe.
In front of us stood a two story house that was longer than five of Veronica's houses combined. The walls were comprised of black bricks, and the doors and windows were painted with gold accents. Large, bright lights lined the long staircase that led up to the double doors.
"Don't freak out," Ben said with a laugh.
"No promises," I said monotonously.
Ben had to literally pull me from the cab because I was frozen in awe.
"It's huge," I whispered to no one in particular.
"Stop staring and get your bags," Ben said after paying the driver. He took my suitcase and his own and began walking up the steps.
I followed obediently, and followed Ben inside after he unlocked the door.
We were greeted by high ceilings, marble floors, and every extravagance that I could only dream of. Unfortunately, at that time I passed out from exhaustion.

I awoke to the sound of birds chirping. I opened my eyes and rolled onto my back. A white ceiling was above me. I was laying in a four poster king sized bed that was covered in red sheets and blankets. The room was relatively sparse. There were a couple of large, wooden dressers and a desk, but besides that, there were no other pieces of furniture.
I rolled to my side and realized I was alone in the bed. Okay, what do I do now? Do I go out there and introduce myself to people I've never met, or do I stay in here and wait for Ben to come back? Groaning, I sat up and pushed the blankets away from my body. Ben changed my clothes. Instead of the jeans and hoodie I was wearing earlier, I was wearing my favorite pajama pants and a tank top. It's just like him...
After ten minutes, I decided to go out and introduce myself. I raided my luggage and decided on a knee length black skirt and a violet blouse. I pulled on a pair of black leggings and black flats, and once I fixed my hair and makeup, I stood in front of the door. You can do this, Kaya. It's just two people. Just two! And they're your boyfriend's parents... And they might not like you... And you may not make a good impression...
I chickened out and flopped onto the bed.
But I was back on my feet minutes later at the door.
The internal battle raged until I forced myself to open the door and step into the hallway. Seeing as how the hallway ended on my right, I turned to my left and walked down the door-lined hall until I reached a staircase. Recognizing the foyer from earlier, I went down the stairs and ventured through hallways until my ears were met with voices.
"Are you hungry, Benjamin?"
"No, mum, I'm fine." Ben's voice.
"How about your friend? Should I have Alice make her something for breakfast?"
Ben laughed. "She'll be hungry when she gets up, but I'm not sure when that will be."
A moment of silence followed as I softly padded down the hall.
"You're dating her, then?" the female voice asked.
"Yes, mum."
"Have you told her about-"
"No!" Ben said loudly, cutting her off. "Honestly, I forgot all about it. I don't know how I could. I'll tell her sometime today."
"Benjamin..."
"I promise!"
I finally reached the source of the voices. It was a sitting room, with large couches and chairs in soft shades of blues. A tall, thin woman with hair the same shade of Ben's sat on on of the chairs, her back straight. She wore a nice, pink dress and pearls around her neck.
"Hello," I said as I awkwardly edged into the room.
Ben jumped up from the couch to stand next to me. "Good morning," he said, kissing my cheek briefly.
"Good morning," I replied.
"Ah, Kaya, this is my mother, Caitlin," he said, gesturing towards the woman.
"Hello," I said, "my name is Kaya, Kaya Martin."
She stood up. "Hello, nice to meet you," she said in a thick, British accent. "Please, sit," she said, gesturing to the couch.
Ben took my hand and led me to the couch, the both of us sitting down.
"You work on the set with Benjamin?" she asked, sitting and crossing her legs.
"Yes, ma'am," I answered awkwardly, twisting my hands together.
She nodded and leaned back. "Are you hungry?" she asked.
Yes. Starving. "No, I'm fine," I said passively. "Thank you."
Mrs. Barnes stood up. "I'll go find Alice and have her make you something," she said, and briskly walked out of the room.
"No, I-"
"Don't bother, Ky," Ben said with a laugh. "I know you're starving anyway."
"Okay, maybe just a little," I said with a dry laugh.
The front doors shut, echoing in the distance.
"More family?" I asked, turning to look at Ben.
"My dad and my brother. Jimmy is staying at my place while I'm gone."
"Jimmy is your brother?" I asked.
Ben nodded. "I think you'll like him. He doesn't have my charming personality, but still," he said, laughing.
The clacking of high heel shoes entered the room, then stopped.
In the door way stood a tall, thin woman with a chest that could poke your eye out. She had long, bright blond hair and large blue eyes. Her face was obviously covered in makeup, but in a flattering way. She wore a tight, short skirt, high heels, and a light pink button down blouse. "Benji!" she exclaimed in a loud, high pitched voice.
What?!
She ran across the room and grabbed Ben's face between her manicured hands and kissed him hard on the lips.
WHAT?!
Ben took her wrists and pushed her back. "What are you doing, Jenna?" he asked.
She stuck out her bottom lip. "What, didn't you miss me?"
"Ben?" I asked softly, my chest aching.
"Kaya," he said, turning back to look at me. His eyes were full of guilt and sadness. "I'm so sorry, I was going to tell you, but-"
"Hi, I'm Jenna," the girl said, cutting him off. "I'm Benji's fiancée."
♠ ♠ ♠
Don't kill me! Please, don't kill me! XD
I'm watching Doctor Who right now.. The weeping angels give me the heebie-geebies.
Anyone seen the new Narnia yet? I'm working through finals right now and I can't see it until classes are over. :(
I WANT TO SEE BEN BEING ALL SEXY WITH THAT BEARD THING AND THAT WONDERFUL PURPLE SHIRT THAT LOOKS GREAT ON HIM!
*ahem*
I would like to thank everyone who commented on the last chapter!
CallusedSilk
teenagedream91
ZombieWolf9
winddancerx17
music4life_life4all
That's all I have to say... Don't blink!