Status: Hiatus

Oh Baby, I'm a Fool For You

Hiding

"Thanks for picking me up," I said as we entered Will's apartment. It was a pretty standard place; a large living room, kitchen, bathroom and a couple of bedrooms.
"No problem," he said as he shut the door behind us. "Want anything to eat or drink?" he asked as he entered the open kitchen.
"A glass of water would be great, if that's okay," I said with an awkward laugh.
"No problem," he answered. "Go ahead and sit down.
I sat on a couch that faced an abnormally large television, and he joined me quickly.
"Are you okay?" he asked.
I nodded and took a sip of the cold water. "I can sort of accept the fact that he didn't tell me about a past engagement. I know I overreacted to that, I guess. It's just..." I sighed and leaned my head back against the couch. "He looked at her like he looks at me."
Will tentatively put an arm around my shoulders and stroked my hair gently. "But you know he loves you, right?"
I let my head fall against his shoulder. "I guess."
"No, Kaya," he said, shifting so he was facing me. "That man seriously loves you. If he knew that I was even touching you, he would snatch you away from me. He wouldn't leave you, no matter what."
He was right... "But he was engaged to her for so long. He's known her ages longer than me!"
"So?"
I furrowed my eyebrows. "What do you mean?"
"Are you saying that friends can't be made in a short amount of time?" Will asked.
"Friends, sure. But love? That takes time."
Will took my head in his hands, moving his thumb against my cheek. "You've known Ben for, what, just a few months? You love him, don't you?"
"Well yeah, but-"
"I just proved my point," he said, and kissed my forehead briefly before turning to face the TV, his arm still around my shoulders. "Now, what do you want to watch?"
"Actually, I have a favor to ask."
"Sure, ask away."
"Can I use your phone to make a long distance call? I'll pay you back for it, I swear!" I insisted.
He fished his phone from his pocket and handed it to me. "You can go into my room to talk."
"Thanks Will," I said with a smile, and made for the bedroom. I walked in and didn't bother to turn on any lights. I just shut the door and sat on the carpeted floor, my back against it. With a sigh, I punched in the number that was one of the most familiar to me.
After a few rings, I had an answer. "You bastard, I'll kill you," Nik said sleepily.
"Nikolai!"
A loud thump sounded from his side. "Kaya!" he shouted. "Oh my gosh, you bitch, you were supposed to call me back and keep me from dying of boredom! So, tell me, what's going on? Where are you now? London or wherever the hell you live?"
I laughed and rolled my eyes. "I'm in London, at Will's."
"Obviously," he said. "You are calling from his phone, darling."
"Aren't you going to ask why?" I knew I was fishing, he knew it too, but being the friend he is, he asked anyway.
"Why are you calling from Will's phone?" he asked monotonously.
"I had a fight with Ben."
"What?!" he squeaked. "You two don't fight, not now, not ever! You're totally perfect and in love and shit! You can't fight, you just can't!"
"Nik-"
"What happened? Tell me, tell me! Do I need to kick his ass? I don't care if he is a prince, I'll beat him so hard he'll... Okay, I don't want to bruise my knuckles. How about I just call him some really bad names? That would work too, right?"
I laughed. "Nik, you-"
"Oh, you're right, I really should bloody my hands for you. You are my best friend after all. Okay, Kaya, you've got yourself a good old fashioned fight!"
"You really don't-"
"Oh, okay good, I was just bluffing anyway."
"Nik!" I shouted, laughing. "Can I get in more than three words here?"
"You just did!"
I rolled my eyes, then quickly recounted what had happened over the last few hours, leaving him speechless. Yes. Nikolai was speechless.
"Nik?" I asked.
I could hear him breathing heavily.
"Nik, what's wrong?" I pried.
"That asshole." I hated when he sounded like that. He sounded serious. There was absolutely no hint of joking in his voice.
"Did I overreact, Nik?" I asked, leaning my head against the door.
"No. Kaya, he should have told you. Fiancées are one of the first things you should cover once you say the 'L' word to someone else. As for that Jenna girl, she sounds delusional. I think when her parents told her she was getting married, she really believed them and wanted it. Tread carefully, love, I don't want you to lose your man."
"Thanks Nik," I said softly. "I wish you were here."
"Ditto, except here," he said, his voice soft yet still seriously.
"Less than a week and I'll see you again," I reminded him.
"Oh yeah!" he exclaimed, his voice back to it's cheerful self. "And when you get back, you better watch out cause I'm going to maul you!"
"Uh... What?"
"You'll see. I love you, Kaya."
"I love you too."
"Bye bye!" He made a kissing noise before hanging up.
With a wide smile, I clutched the phone to my chest. I stayed sitting like that for a few minutes before returning to Will, who was watching-
"Doctor Who!" I exclaimed, plopping next to him on the couch. "Which one is it?"
He looked at me incredulously. "You watch Doctor Who?"
"Of course! Oh, it's Tennant, he's my favorite!"
He continued staring at me. "Mine too."
"I'll get out of your hair soon, just let me watch this one episode, okay?"
He laughed and returned to watching the show, a smile on his face.
I awoke to the sound of Will's phone ringing ion the coffee table in front of me. I was laying on the couch, a blanket over my body. On the recliner next to the couch, Will was fast asleep. Leaning over, I glanced at the phone. The caller I.D. read 'Ben'.
"Will," I whispered, taking the phone and tossing it onto his stomach.
He awoke with a start, his eyes bolting open. He moaned and opened the phone. "Hello?" he grumbled. "Oh, hey Ben," he said sleepily. He looked at me, his eyes widening. "One sec, mate," he said, and covered the mouth piece with his hand. "He wants to know if you're here. Are you?"
I nodded and curled up with the blanket tightly around me.
"She's here," Will said. "She's okay. Yeah, totally fine. I..." He covered the phone with his hand again. "Do you want to talk to him?"
No. I extended my hand and he placed the phone in my palm. I raised it to my ear. "Ben?"
"Ky," he breathed. "I was so worried about you."
"I'm fine," I said quietly.
"I'll come get you."
My eyes flickered over to Will, who was watching me intently. "I'm going to hang out with Will a bit more," I told him.
Ben sighed sadly. "You're still mad at me, aren't you?"
Yes.
"Kaya?"
"I'm still mad at you."
He sighed. "I really am sorry, Kaya. Please, don't-"
"I'll call you later, bye!" I hung up the phone and popped out the battery before he could say another word.
"You're going to have to face him at some point," Will groaned, rolling onto his side.
"I know," I whispered. I brought the blanket up to my chin and released a shaky sigh. I turned to my side, staring at the couch with sad eyes. I didn't know how to act in this sort of situation. It's not one that I encounter often. Do I forgive him, or do I stay mad at him longer? Should I break up with him?
I shook my head violently, trying to get the thoughts to stop. I don't want to think about him right now. I can't.
♠ ♠ ♠
Happy new year! I hope yours was fun! So, you may have noticed that my username has been changed. I made this account when I was in high school when my thing was KariCorrupted, but now my thing is KariCaspian (which is my username pretty much everywhere). SO. I'm the same person, just.. updated?
Okay, anyway, my really great friend Kate (Riverdraggin) just joined Mibba, and she and a couple other friends of mine knocked my titles calling them 'harlequin romance' titles and that they would be embarrassing to have in their browsing history. So now I'm questioning the titles of my stories.. I don't know, I like this title, I think it fits!
Okay, just let me have a girly moment. *SQUEE* So many people commented on this story since the last chapter. I was so shocked but so freaking happy at the same time! Your support really means a lot to me. I especially loved the consensus of NOT WILL! That made me laugh! And there's more drama and twists and turns to come... *evil laugh*
A gigantic, special thank you to everyone who commented!
CallusedSilk
Trisha-ValoX69
SkittlesYO!
Noni_Midna_Rose
Disa616 (How was Dorian Gray? I really want to see it!)
Thedanceingfrog
winddancerx17
music4life_life4all
teenagedream91 (I can't wait for it to come out on DVD either.. I'm signed up for a list that will tell me when the Dawn Treader will be released for DVD!)
Fire_head
Slytherin
OutspokenChick
xMy Heart Is A Fistx
Liilie_Anna
elizabeth justine
MyXBloodyXRomance
Skiffle.
So many names! And of course, I want to thank everyone who reads and subscribes! Happy reading, all!
-Kari
One more thing: I'm writing the next chapter right now, and I'm making myself cry. I know that that is not good news at all to you, my fabulous readers, but I felt that I had to say it.