Status: Hiatus

Oh Baby, I'm a Fool For You

Heartache

"Get up," Will said, poking my shoulder.
I didn't want to take my eyes away from the Merlin marathon on BBC1.
"Kaya, you've been on my couch for a whole day watching TV. Get up." He took my hands and pulled me up, forcing me to stand up.
"Will," I whined. I knew I overreacted to everything, and I felt like an idiot. So what if he didn't tell me about a fiancée, that's all in the past. He was thinking of me as his future. The things that still bugged me was the way that Jenna kissed him. Sure, he was shocked after she pulled away, but he didn't make any move to get away from her. The other thing is the way that he looked at her when he saw her. I know that look. That is the look that I fell in love with.
"Shush," he said, and thrust my clothing into my hands. The blouse and skirt had obviously washed. "We're going out. Get dressed."
"I don't want to-"
"You have to! You can't just lay on the couch and feel bad for yourself for days. "Now," he said, pointing to the bathroom, "go shower and get dressed."
"But-"
"If you don't, I'm going to kick you out and you have to back to Ben tonight."
I bit my lip, my heart beginning to race. "Fine," I grumbled, and took the clothes, retreating into the bathroom.
Half an hour later, I came out of the bathroom, dressed in the violet blouse and the black skirt. My long brown hair was naturally wavy because I had just come out of the shower.
Will was standing in front of the door, his keys in his hand. He was wearing a black t-shirt under a blue and black checkered shirt with a pair of dark jeans and sneakers. "Hey," he said when he saw me. "Ready?"
"What are we doing?" I asked, rubbing my eye with a closed fist.
"We're going out." He held out his hand, which I begrudgingly took. He led me out of the apartment and down the street to a familiar place.
"Hickory Dickory Dock?" I read.
"Yeah, what's wrong?" he asked.
"I've been here before is all," I said quietly.
"Relax," he said, squeezing my hand. "Let's go," he said, and pulled me into the heavily populated bar. Pulling me to the bar, he ordered a couple of beers. We ended up sitting at a table tucked away in the corner.
"How are you doing?" Will asked as I started on my third beer. He was still on his first.
"I love beer," I said simply, staring at the bottle lovingly.
"Don't get too drunk, hon," he said cautiously.
I scoffed and took a drink. "You're a jerk, you know that?" I said lowly.
His eyes narrowed. "How so?
"Will," I said, leaning forward on my elbows, "if I get drunk, then I'll feel better. You want me to feel better, don't you?" I asked, raiding my eyebrows. I knew that i was already getting extremely buzzed but I didn't care; I liked it.
"You don't know that for sure, Ky."
"I'm going to kick your ass someday, Will," I grumbled.
Confusion instantly crossed his face. "Kaya?"
I chugged that last of my beer and rested my head on the table. "Can I have another beer?" I asked sadly.
Will stood up and leaned down, kissing the top of my head lightly. He then left and made his way through the crowds.
I looked up and the couple of couches that faced each other. I sat on that couch once with Ben... He was so sweet to me. Wait.
I sat up and stared even harder at the couch. Am I seeing things? I could swear that Ben is sitting on that very same couch right now... Crap. It is him! I shrunk back and created a little wall with my beer bottles, and hid behind it. I stared intently at him. All I wanted to do was run over to him and hug him and not let him go. Ever.
He was staring blankly at the wall. His eyes looked bored and sad. A thin stubble had already made its way onto his chin, and his shoulder length dark hair was pulled back into a messy ponytail.
Suddenly a woman in an obscenely tight, short blue dress blocked my view of Ben.
Jenna.
A small growl made it's way up my throat. I felt like a super possessive girlfriend but I didn't care. That's my man. Mine.
"Hey," Will said as he came back, putting a beer in front of me. "What are you doing?" he asked, confusion lacing his voice.
"Ben's over there with that little... I don't like that girl!" I complained childishly.
Will looked over at them and sat down next to me. "She's hot."
I kicked him in the shin.
"Ouch! What, she is!"
"Shut up, Will!" I exclaimed as I started drinking my fourth beer. I glared at Jenna's back as she sat next to Ben, hoping that my eyes would burn holes in her back. "She kissed him," I muttered. "She kissed him right in front of me."
"She didn't know, Ky," Will said softly.
"Why are you defending her?" I growled.
"Because it's true."
I scoffed and took another drink from my bottle. "I should get to kiss someone too," I grumbled. I would never do that to Ben, but under the circumstances... I sort of wanted to hurt him back.
"You wouldn't do that, Ky."
"Why shouldn't he have to feel like I felt? Will," I said, grabbing one of his hands, "how would you feel if someone kissed the person you were in love with?"
He sighed and his lip twitched. He knew I was right.
I looked back over at Ben and Jenna. She was hanging all over him. Her hand was on his thigh, then on his chest, then playing with his hair. With every touch, I felt my heart start to break a little more. My chest tightened and I felt like I couldn't breathe.
I downed the rest of my beer, my head spinning rapidly. "I want to go back to your place," I whispered, leaning against his shoulder. "I can't do it, Will," I whispered. A few tears leaked out of my eyes.
"Okay, hon," he said softly. "Don't cry, okay?" He wiped away a few of my tears with his thumb. He put his arm around me and helped me up, and kept his arm around me as he led me through the growing crowds of people. There was standing room only. The pressure of his hand increased on my waist as we started nearing Ben.
The tears increased when they came into full view. Jenna had her hand on his chest, stroking him lovingly with her head on his shoulder. Ben was looking in the opposite direction, drinking his beer with a bored, sad look in his eyes.
Then Will and I came into his eye line.
Ben saw us and his eyes widened so much I thought they would pop out of his head. He jumped to his feet and just stared at us, his eyes not wavering even though people were walking past us, blocking our views. He mouthed my name and took a step towards me.
Suddenly, I felt fingers on my chin, tilting my head up. The next thing I knew, a pair of soft, gentle lips were on mine. Will was kissing me.
Stupidly, I just stood there. I stood there with wide eyes, tears dripping from my chin. I wasn't comprehending what was happening.
He pulled back, a sad smile on his face. "I'm sorry," he whispered.
Biting my lip, I looked back towards Ben. He wasn't there anymore. Neither was Jenna.
At that point, I knew it was over. Ben would never want me back.
♠ ♠ ♠
Na na na naaa. I love you guys, even if this chapter makes you hate me.
Writing this chapter actually made me cry. Seriously, I felt like such a pansy.
I've got a whole thing figured out, and it makes me giddy just thinking about it. You'll like it. I promise. For now, just hang in there and trust me. :)
AND. I have people to thank. Lots of people to thank. Wonderful, gorgeous people, such as:
TakeMeAsIAm
elizabeth justine
CallusedSilk
OutspokenChick
Noni_Midna_Rose
MyXBloodyXRomance
Disa616
teenagedream91
Fire_head
fireworks991 (You, my dear, have posted the 100th comment on this story! Thank you!)
My subcribers, my readers, my commenters, thank you all so very much!
-Kari
PS: I like bananas too. :)