Status: Hiatus

Oh Baby, I'm a Fool For You

Drinks

Image

"I'm having so much fun!" I slurred loudly, finishing my fifth beer.
Will leaned closer to me and said, "That's only because you're drunk."
"Drunk?" I repeated, offended. "I am not drunk!"
"Please," he laughed, sliding off of the bar stool next to me. "You've probably consumed more alcohol than half this room combined," he said, gesturing around the crowded bar. The small bar was about half a mile down the road from the hotel, and the only people in it were crew members.
"You are one rude man," I grumbled. "I don't think you're being very nice to me."
"There's a reason for that," he answered. "Barkeep, two more," he said loudly, gesturing to our empty beer bottles.
"Hey, I thought we were friends," I pouted, my vision beginning to get fuzzy.
"Do you know what unrequited love is?" he asked suddenly.
Even in my drunken state, I could comprehend exactly what he meant. "Will-"
"I have tried so hard not to steal you away from him," he grumbled, leaning his forehead against the bar.
Pursing my lips, I tightened my grip on the fresh bottle of beer that was just handed to me. Just then, my phone started ringing loudly. Fishing it out of my pocket, I squinted at the illuminated screen. "It's Ben," I murmured to myself.
Will snatched the phone from my hand with a speed that I didn't think was possible of a drunk person. "Hello?" he grumbled.
"Hey!" I protested, and took the phone back, pressing it to my ear.
"Ky?" Ben asked in confusion.
"My prince!" I yelled into the phone gleefully, a smile spreading across my face. "Guess what."
"Uh, what?"
"I..." I slumped forward and then stretched toward the ceiling. "I love beer."
"Where are you?" he demanded. In the background, I could hear him beginning to walk.
"At the bar," I answered.
"The one down the road from the hotel?"
Will snatched the phone from me again and slammed it onto the bar. "Kaya!" he shouted, standing up. "I was trying to talk to you and then this guy-"
"Gimme!" I squealed childishly, grabbing at my phone.
Will's arms came around my shoulders, pinning my arms to my sides. "All I wanted was a chance," he whispered into my ear.
"Let me go!" I hollered, and elbowed him in the stomach.
Will fell back and groaned as he hit the floor.
Wordlessly, I clamored to my feet and stumbled out of the bar into the night. A couple of bright lights illuminating the road were giving me a major headache. I couldn't see straight as I wobbled down the road, stumbling to the point where I fell over a few times. "La la la," I sang as I made my way down the road, my eyesight blurring. After walking for a couple minutes, I felt something wet hit my nose. Tilting my head back, I saw thick sheets of rain suddenly crashing down on me. I screamed and ran to the side, only to trip and fall into a shallow ditch. "Damn," I mumbled, letting my head loll backwards. I sighed and blinked repeatedly. I yelled at the sky, "I hate this!"
"Kaya?" Someone was yelling my name.
I just shut my eyes and relaxed against the grass, letting myself sink into the mud.
"Kaya!"
"Leave me alone!" I screamed.
A pair of hands gripped mine and pulled me so I was sitting up. "Kaya," a voice whispered in my ear.
I wrinkled up my nose and opened my eyes. "Ben," I sighed with a smile, staring up at his dripping wet face.
"Are you okay?" he asked, his eyes scanning over my face.
"I'm fine!" I insisted, and yanked my hands from his.
"You're drunk," he murmured.
"Just a little bit," I answered, and flopped back into the mud, letting the cold rain pummel my face.
"You have to get up," he said, and his hands wrapped around mine again.
"Why are you here?" I asked as I let him pull me into a sitting position again.
He busied himself by wiping some mud off my back. "You left your cell phone on," he murmured. "I was worried." He crouched in front of me and patted his shoulder. "Get on."
Stubbornly, I kicked his back so he fell over. "I can do it myself," I said loudly, and stumbled awkwardly to my feet.
Ben stood up and turned around. He was coated in mud, but wiped it from his face. "Come on, Ky," he said. He grabbed my hand and pulled me to him, and somehow pulled me onto his back, his hands holding onto my thighs.
"It's raining," I commented dizzily, resting my head on his shoulder.
"Yes, it is," he answered, and began walking up the ditch to the road.
I squeezed his hips with my thighs and tightened my grip around his shoulders. "You came looking for me," I whispered happily in his ear. "Were you worried about me?" I asked teasingly.
He didn't answer.
"You were!" I squeaked, and tugged on a strand of his wet hair. "It's because you love me, right? Right?"
"Yes."
I stopped pulling on his hair. Did I hear him correctly? "Put me down," I demanded, struggling to get my legs free from his grasp.
"No."
"Ben, put me down!" I screamed into his ear.
He finally put me down, but turned around to pick me up again. He slid an arm beneath my knees and put the other around my shoulders and lifted me up against his chest.
"You're mean," I told him as he carried me down the road. The alcohol really started kicking in, causing me to get more and more tired by the second. I leaned my head against his shoulder and put an arm around his shoulders before shutting my eyes.
"You're so careless," he muttered, his voice angry. "How could you go out drinking with him? It never turns out well! Look at yourself. You're piss drunk and you were perfectly happy to pass out in a ditch on the side of the road. What were you thinking?"
I opened my eyes tiredly and glanced up at him. "You're so loud."
He rolled his eyes, a smile pulling at his lips. "Just close your eyes and sleep," he said quietly over the pouring rain. "I'll bring you back to the hotel."
I simply hid my face against his chest and sighed. "I love you, too." With my free hand, I lazily stroked his cheek.
"Sleep," he repeated, a smile in his voice.
It was the last thing I could remember before I woke up the next morning.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello all!
Two apologies are in order here. One: Sorry for not updating for so long. I've been working on my seven page research paper and I finally finished it (YAY!). It was about J-Pop. xD Two: Sorry for not formatting this one. I'll admit it; I'm lazy today.
So, I like this chapter, I really do. I hope you do too!
Thank you to my commenters:
xMy Heart Is A Fistx
CallusedSilk
BrendonUrie
Disa616
annabre
Ice Cat (New reader, yay!)
And to CaspianIsMyHomeboy for the banner.
You guys rock. Really. Out of all the rocks out there, you're the shiniest ones.
-Kari
PS: I love the general consensus of the comments of, "Oh no, not Will again."