Status: Hiatus

Oh Baby, I'm a Fool For You

Damage Control

Image

After I calmed down a bit from the kiss from Ben, I returned to my room. Opening the door, something fell to the ground. It was a folded piece of paper that had been stuck through the crack between the door and the wall. I picked it up and walked to my bed, flopping down on the mattress before unfolding the notebook paper.
Kaya-
I'm sorry. I keep doing the same thing to you, and you've got to be sick of me by now. There's less than two weeks of filming left, and I'll do my best to keep out of your way. I don't want to make you any more uncomfortable than I already have. I've already gotten another make-up artist assigned to me, so don't worry. I really am sorry, Kaya. Really, I am.
-Will

Sucking in my bottom lip, I shut my eyes. It seemed like every time something good happens, a bad thing will most likely follow. "Do I have 'trouble' written on my forehead?" I asked the ceiling. Of course, it didn't answer. "I'll take that as a yes," I mumbled, and dragged myself out of bed and to the bathroom.
I quickly changed into a clean pair of dark jeans, a grey tank-top and a purple and black striped hoodie. I shoved my feet into my sneakers while tying my hair into a messy bun at the base of my neck, then set off to do some damage control.
My first stop was Will's room. I knocked loudly and repeatedly until the door swung open.
"Ky?" Will exclaimed, obviously surprised.
"How old are you?" I asked. I felt strangely strong, as if nothing could knock me down.
"What-"
"You don't get to decide that we won't be friends anymore," I interrupted, "especially not in a note."
His eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "I just-"
"Ah, ah, no," I interrupted once again, holding up a single finger just inches from his face. "Like you said, there's only two weeks of filming left, and I don't want to spend them being away from my friend."
Will just looked at me, expecting me to say something. "I feel bad," he finally said.
"I do too," I admitted, becoming less aggressive with every passing minute. "I didn't mean to give you the wrong idea, and I didn't mean to lead you on or anything. We've had our moments, but I just don't..." Ben's smiling face flashed in my head. "I don't feel the same way for you. I really am sorry, Will."
He sighed and shoved his hands into his pockets before leaning against the door frame. "I know," he replied, a small smile tugging at his lips. "I guess that I thought you would change." He shrugged and mussed his hair lightly. "I'll see you at filming tomorrow, then."
"Yeah," I agreed. "I'm sorry, Will."
"You apologize too much," he chuckled. "Don't worry. I'll get over you eventually." He flashed me one last sad smile before closing the door.
I slowly turned around and shoved my hands in my pockets before skipping down the hallway. I exited the hotel and found that the entire front lawn was crawling with cast and crew. Smiling at the people I had grown to know over the last few months, I picked my way through the crowds. Finally, I saw someone I recognized.
"Anna!" I exclaimed.
She turned around and grinned when she saw me. "Kaya!" she greeted happily, wrapping me in a brief hug. "I haven't seen you in ages!"
"I know!" I agreed, stepping back from her. "Things got a little wacky when we got back," I said awkwardly, placing my hands in my pockets once again.
"Yeah," she said, nodding. "I wasn't very happy when I found out that you weren't coming back for me."
"Hey, it wasn't my choice!" I exclaimed in my defense.
Anna laughed and patted my arm. "I know, but still."
"Hey, have you seen Nikolai?" I asked.
She nodded and pointed over her shoulder. "He's down by the river. He doesn't look that good, actually."
"I'm afraid I have to take responsibility for that," I grumbled. "I'll see you later," I said, waving as I ran through the crowd and down to the slow moving river by the hotel.
Nikolai was laying on his back, his hands behind his head. The tight, hot pink t-shirt depicting some bubble gum company was raised to just over his belly button, and his jean covered legs were crossed at the ankles. His eyes were covered by lime green sunglasses, so I couldn't tell whether or not he was asleep.
Quietly, I walked over to him, sitting at his side. "Hey, Nik," I greeted.
He rolled onto his side, away from me. "I'm mad at you."
I cringed slightly. "I'm sorry," I said sincerely. "I didn't mean to make you worried. I just got so carried away and-"
"You are nothing but trouble," he interrupted.
I hung my head, pulling my legs up against my chest. "I know."
Nikolai groaned at sat up, taking off his sunglasses. "Don't make me feel guilty, Kaya."
"I'm sorry," I apologized. "I really do just make messes that other people have to clean up."
Nikolai groaned again and then slung an arm over my shoulders, pulling me close to him. "Everyone does," he said quietly, rubbing my arm slowly. "You're just one of them who doesn't do it intentionally. Bad things just seem to happen around you, and it's not your fault."
I blinked several times, trying to get the tears to stop building up in my eyes. Pulling away from him, I looked at his face. "Don't be so good to me after I made you mad."
"Oh, shut up," he laughed. "We're not supposed to do this!"
"What?" I asked, unable to stop a stray tear from flowing down my cheek.
"You and me, we won't do this serious shit. So stop crying," he said, wiping my cheek with his thumb, "and smile. I forgive you, you silly, beautiful girl."
"You know what?" I asked, putting my arms around his torso.
"Hm?"
"You're amazing." I squeezed my closest friend, and kissed his cheek.
"Right back at you," he said happily. He caught my chin, and before I knew it, he placed a light, gentle kiss on my lips.
I simply sat there, frozen. I had forgotten about Nikolai's blatant displays of affection.
"I'm sorry!" he instantly apologized. "That's something you only do with your prince!"
I shook my head and pulled away from Nikolai, only slightly. "He's not mine anymore."
"You must have some sort of brain damage," Nikolai said, rolling his eyes.
"What?" I was so confused, it must have showed.
Nikolai laughed and knocked a knuckle against the side of my head. "That man is so in love with you, it's disgusting. Why else would he run out in the pouring rain to save your drunk butt? He still loves you, and you still love him... Right?"
I nodded. All I wanted in the world was to kiss Ben again. He meant more to me than anyone else in the world.
"Then what the hell are you doing here? Go tell that man how much you love him!" Nikolai jumped to his feet and grabbed my hands, pulling me up.
"But-" The nerves were starting, causing me to feel nauseous.
"No!" he interrupted, moving behind me. He began pushing me up the hill towards the hotel. "Putting this off is only going to hurt the both of you, and you can't always expect him to make the first move."
"Nik-" I hated to admit it, but Nikolai was right.
"I am not going to let you talk yourself out of this!" he exclaimed, quickening the pace. "You two are the stubbornest couple I have ever met."
"I-"
"Kaya-"
I spun around and grabbed onto his shoulders. "I'm trying to thank you, dummy!" I exclaimed. I kissed his cheek once more before running to the hotel, faster than I had ever ran in my life. Too impatient to wait for the elevator, I ran up the stairs... Okay, I ran up three flights, and then I got tired, so I did take the elevator the rest of the way.
I ran to Ben's door, and without hesitation, I pounded on it with a closed fist. "Ben!" I called. "Open up! It's me!"
The door swung open. Ben stood in front of me, shirtless and buttoning the jeans he wore. "Is everything okay?" he asked anxiously.
I panted for a moment, just staring up at him. The adrenaline was pumping through me, so much so that I completely forgot about my nausea. "No," I finally answered. "But it will be."
♠ ♠ ♠
I know you're mad, but I was in the mood to leave you with a cliffhanger.
Unfortunately, my laptop, of which I have had for two years, got sick and we had to take him to the doctor. Yes, the Geek Squad is now in possession of my computer. They are fixing him up for me, and that is the reason why I have been so late in updating. However, my wonderful brother is letting me borrow his laptop, so I thought I should update.
My wonderful readers, I hope you enjoy this chapter as much as I enjoyed writing it! Thank you to the lovely people who commented!
teamRadke
CallusedSilk
ATL Obsess
TuckYou
winddancerx17
Fire_head
Disa616
OutspokenChick
Banner by CaspianIsMyHomeboy
Now, don't worry readers, I will not leave you for long. You can expect an update to soon follow this chapter. I'm not so cruel as to leave you hanging on for too long.
Happy reading!
-Kari